PDA

View Full Version : Another Tuesday has arrived.

Monique
August 6th, 2013, 08:50 AM

Good morning friends. I hope Blondie is not overdoing herself getting set up. I had another wonderful day with Maizyn. I did work in the morning and Poppa and her had a great time. We played outside most of the afternoon. She got to spray E with a water bottle and chase me around the yard. We looked for dinosaurs and just had a wonderful time.

I am sure today will be another wonderful day together. This is the third day she has woken up dry. So today I will live this day to the fullest and enjoy every second I have with my precious little one.

Have a great day everyone and live today to the fullest.

MayinJerset
August 6th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Turned pretty cool last night and we all were looking for additional quilts for our beds. Nice sleeping weather to be sure.

Need to do a BIG food shopping today as we are out of everything. I misjudged the amount of food we would need with DS#3 and his 2 kids staying with us, also only have store bought cookies left but DGS Ben can't eat them. He is allergic to peanuts and all the packages have warnings that they may have been in contact with peanuts. I'll bake a coffee cake tonight while baking some meatloaf and potatoes.

Have a small group meeting tonight, read this month's book but can't find my notes. I have to make notes to remember what I read so I can contribute to our group's discussion. Also fussy cut fabrics for one of the group's members who is making an I Spy quilt for her new grandson, just have to remember where I put them.

Wonder how Blondie is doing with her new salon? It must be exciting and scary at the same time getting a new place up and running. Don't you just wish we all could jump on a bus and go down there and help her out?

bkthomas
August 6th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Monique, love your picture and thought for the day!
I have always been a dreamer - in a way - and in another way I stopped dreaming a long time ago....
.....never ever thought I would go to Hawaii....now I've been there.....so there is a dream that I never dared to dream!
(don't throw rotten eggs or tomatoes if you're all sick of hearing about Hawaii)

May, I think you need a secretary!

Lisapc
August 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Monique, I am a little jealous of your Maizyn staying with you. My granddaughter goes home at the end of every day she spends with us. She is not ready to sleep over yet. Then again maybe that is a good thing.

May, Kathy is right you do need an assistant.

Kathy, don't give up dreaming. Life isn't over until it is really over. This trip as somehow rejuvenated your spirit. I am so happy for you.

I called Liz at the LQS and her idea of financing a machine is 1/2 down and $100 a week until it is paid off. I can't do that. I don't want to do that so my quest for a machine with a big throat is stalled. I am so frustrated!

Anyway, have a wonderful day and prayers to all!

MayinJerset
August 6th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the advice about getting an assistant. Funny thing is that is what I did when I worked as a secretary or an administrative assistant, I reminded everyone else what they should be doing, where things were, etc. My past has come back to haunt me, LOL!

Sandy Navas
August 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Blondie update - I've been in touch and she is busier than a one-armed paper hanger, exhausted and totally worn out and frustrated. She is supposed to 'open' today. She's so thankful to her family for all the help and support they have given her during this very stressful time. She'll be back with a chipper attitude once she knows all is going well in her little house across the road. She is still, during all this turmoil, taking Momma Ruth back and forth to Drs appointments. She did mention that the task of getting her new shop ready was more involved and more difficult that she had imagined. Wish I could send her tickets to a Caribbean island for a few weeks, complete with a young muscled man in a toga to fan her with palm fronds and bring her nourishment when she requires, and give a massage now and then. Sounds as if she needs it.

MRoy
August 6th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Good morning, I just got back from my morning walk. It's not that hot outside, but I'm HOT cause I'm so outta shape!
Lisa, I don't see your LQS financing many sewing machines at $100 a week. That's ridiculous!
May, I know hoe easy it is to misjudge the groceries needed when you go from 2 to 5. When DS and the grand kids were visiting, it seemed like we were always running out of milk or bread or something.
Kathy, you'll always have the memories of your Hawaii trip....I hope you get to go back sooner than later.
What shall I do today? Don't know, but I'll figure it out!

Granny Judy
August 6th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the update on Blondie... I'd like to go along on that Cruise and have some TLC, too. Heck, who wouldn't like that Massage??
Taking a couple of PILLS and nursing a sore throat & headache now. Lots to catch up with here at the "site". Maybe later.

nyscpa2be
August 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Here's me today:53230

Mom and I took Greyhound to NYC yesterday. I needed a powersuit for job interviews, and Macy's sells them in my size in the Herald Square store. So off we went! I got a suit jacket, pants, pencil skirt, dress and blouse for $324 - which I thought was a great deal. But I got home and realized the suit jacket doesn't match exactly - so I need to return that to the local Macy's and order online - but now I know what size I need.

Today, though, I'm in a great deal of pain. I was fine walking around the city - from the port authority bus terminal, down to Macy's, up to St. Patricks and Rockefeller Center, and then through Times Square back to the bus terminal. Mom was having a hard time walking towards the end, but refused to let me pay for a taxi. So we walked. I slept like a baby, but today I can barely move my back. Hot shower and aleve aren't helping at all. I think I need my Flexiril. Or a massage. I was supposed to drive back to Syracuse (3 hour drive) for a 5:30pm MBA class today, but I'm in so much pain that I'm skipping it - I can't bear driving that long.

quiltingtrish
August 6th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Monique - your photo and quote are perfect for today. I just found out that a close friend of mine passed away last night. She had breathing problems and was about 45 yrs old. We spent many a day and night running softball concession stands together, had lots of laughs and talks about our kids.
Amy - good decision - now you will get more time with your Mom since you are staying there a bit longer.
Sandy - send her off to a Carribean Island? No way! I wish we could have all just descended on her and her new salon and helped her get it ready for opening. She'll miss us pretty soon and will have to pop in and tell us of all her adventures with it.
Rain later today here - was hoping to throw the wash out on the lines, but not going to play the in and out game with them today. Looks like the electric company will get my business today with the dryer.
Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Hugs,

Ginny B
August 6th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Well, here I am again -- bringing up the end of the days' posts. I did sleep well last night and woke up refreshed and ready to face the day --- what a day at work it was. One of my favorite activities is spending an hour looking for something that turns out to be buried on your bosses' desk -- NOT! Anyway, that's how the day sort of went so I am glad I slept well last night. Myrna, I am so looking forward to and planning retirement days. Hope you are enjoying them. Think of me while you are on your morning walks. :)

Can't wait to hear all about Blondie's adventures setting up her new place. I am sure it will be wonderful.

Amy, glad you enjoyed your visit downstate. It sure was a beautiful day down this way yesterday.

Drove ds and granddog back to Brooklyn tonight. Will miss having them around but it will be nice to have it be just the two of us again for a couple days. They will be back for the weekend (ds will be working with my cousin again getting his house ready for the contractors coming in to do the renovations due to Sandy).

Good night everyone.