PDA

View Full Version : New bag

Genny
August 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I made this bag for storage of my Ellisimo Sketchpad Tablet and Pen. The embroidery design is a Nancy Zieman and was one of the designs included on my machine. Love the design but it took about 1 1/2 hours to stitch out. Then it took me about an hour to cut out and make the simple canvas bag. I'm pleased how it turned out. My husband said it would have been a really pretty pillow so I may do that too.
The pictures are of the embroidery colors in order of embroidering. Hope you enjoy.

teasipper
August 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Beautiful! I too think it would be pretty on a pillow and a table runner as well. I don't have embroidery on my machine but imagine it must use a lot of thread.

GrammaBabs
August 5th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Looks great... I used to do ME almost exclusively,,,, then I began quilting... and NOW, i'm back dabbeling with the ME again... isn't the life of a crafter exciting... This would make a nice pillow!!!

Genny
August 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Beautiful! I too think it would be pretty on a pillow and a table runner as well. I don't have embroidery on my machine but imagine it must use a lot of thread.

The embroidery thread isn't cheap, I use Robinson Anton Poly, but theres a lot of thread(1100 yards) on the spool and it will make many embroidery designs. When you first get an embroidery machine the real expense in the embroidery thread is that some of the designs take a lot of different colors. I've got mine built up to about 75 different colors and will buy a lot more as I go. Luckily I purchase mine from AllThreads and they have many sales and always free shipping.

Sharyn J
August 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Very pretty. It would make very elegant pillows. Or, frame and hang as a picture. I love flower patterns so I can think of dozens of ways to use them. Love the bag!

turena65
August 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
How beautiful! A pillow with that design would be just lovely:)

Jean Sewing Machine
August 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Wow, that is beautiful! Nice work and very useful project!

Sandy Navas
August 5th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Genny, I don't remember what machine you bought - but in your pictures I don't see a hoop - is that just because you placed the piece for pictures or is the hoop just not showing?

Beautiful design.

Cathy F
August 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Very pretty!

Genny
August 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Genny, I don't remember what machine you bought - but in your pictures I don't see a hoop - is that just because you placed the piece for pictures or is the hoop just not showing?

Beautiful design.

In the first 4 pictures the material is hooped in my 8 by 12 hoop, just can't see it in the pics. My machine is the Babylock Ellisimo Gold.

Kelly F
August 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Love it. I just bought a machine that does embroidery. I haven't tried it yet. Can I use regular thread or do I have to buy embroidery thread.?

Genny
August 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Love it. I just bought a machine that does embroidery. I haven't tried it yet. Can I use regular thread or do I have to buy embroidery thread.?

I always use Embroidery thread but I know that some people use regular thread for making Doileys. The regular thread would make a softer Doiley.

Lisapc
August 5th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I love the daffodils. They were my wedding flower. I also use only Robison Anton thread. I know that Florini? is becoming popular but I figure why mess with what I know my machine loves.