PDA

View Full Version : It is the first Sunday in August

Monique
August 4th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Good morning friends. August, huh. There is a crisp in the air here, you can feel fall coming. Sad to say. Yesterday afternoon we went to visit friends who are on a lake. Maizyn did not want to walk in the sand, she says to me "I can't do it". Then she would not go in the water because it was dirty. She practically screamed when she saw ants. By the end of two hours, she was walking in the sand, had fish in her pail and was petting those, did not get in the water but by the edge. I kept telling her the ants would not bother her. She had a ball and I think if the weather cooperates we will do the same today. She was so tired she asked to go lie down and fell asleep on the couch. I only let her sleep a very short time. She is still asleep as I type this.

The menfolk are going golfing this morning and we will meet them at the course for lunch.

I work tomorrow morning for a couple of hours. Poppa will babysit. Poppa asks "Who is my favorite girl? Maizyn replies "Maizyn" Poppa says "Not E?" Maizyn replies "Me" too funny.

Have a great Sunday friends. Enjoy it to the max.

Bubby
August 4th, 2013, 09:06 AM
It's raining and storming here this morning. They say we will have rain for about a week. The dogs hate the wet and sometimes refuse to set foot outdoors....they're California dogs. We are still having some behavior issues with Dottie, but I talked with the vet yesterday and he gave me some good ideas to try with her. She is the most STUBBORN scottie I've ever known. Other than that, she's a sweetheart....just as long as things go her way!

We are going to grill pork steaks today and I think I'll make some slaw and baked beans also. I plan to make zucchini bread later this morning. I wanted to do this yesterday but our power was off and on all day due to the weather.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

aliaslaceygreen
August 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Good morning! I confess, I have been VERY LAX lately coming here in the AM and I really miss it! I am working feverishly towards getting my new photo website unvieled and there is a bug or two I JUST CANT FIGURE OUT. Arrgh! The design is set, it's the links. So, that plus life in general, being silly about other stuff etc and I forget.

But I miss you all, and think of you! Work today. I hope and pray I do not need to convince one more person they can not fit a 10x12 image into an 8x10 frame, no matter HOW MANY times they try, or whether they turn it left, right, upside down or backwards.

Amen
PS Laylabug will be in the Greenhouse tonight! so, tomorrow? I probably won't get here either. Sigh

Jean Sewing Machine
August 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning all! Love Monique's story about Maizyn and the beach! How cute!

Yesterday, my grandkids daughter and I went to a vintage clothing/costume store in South St. Louis ( we live in the north county area). The area that this business is located in is where my parents grew up and where I lived for several years after I was born. The shop hadn't opened yet, so we cruised the neighborhood. I showed my kids/grandkids the church where my parents got married, where I was baptised, and the housethat we lived in. Then we went to the park I played in when I went to visit my grandfather. It was such a wonderful walk down memory lane.

Today, I get to pick what I WANT to do! Nap? Go see another group's show? Quilt? Barbeque? No outside commitments except going to church! It feels great!

Hope you all have a great day!

CrazyMtnLady
August 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Good morning. Getting prepared for another round of stormy weather today. I think I will fill me a few pitcher with water in case we lose power again like we did Friday night. Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day. My neighbor Laurie came and picked me up and I went down to her house and we got in the pool for a while then played a game of darts...I lost! :( She then got a couple nice steaks out of the freezer and we came back to my place and I grilled steaks and we had a nice meal. It's nice to have a neighbor like that. With Daniel gone I do get lonely for the human interaction now and then. For some reason Gator and TarButt just don't carry on very good conversations...LOL.

I am going to do some housework today, I want the house to be nice and clean when Daniel gets home in a few days. Yippee.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
August 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM
All I can tell you today is it is semi-quiet here . . . all the other part of the family is at church. Did some basic house-cleaning yesterday, managed to get most of my laundry done, did a bit of grocery shopping . . . and played games with the grand-kids. Rita (6) and Zoe (4) are learning to play backgammon with Nana. Rita is such a strategy player already, and doesn't mind telling you that she's won several games with Nana . . . and Nana doesn't hedge. Zoe is just starting and does need a bit of refocusing now and then.

One of the forum members sent our new granddaughter, Madeleine, two beautiful charm packs. The older girls decided that everyone should participate in making a quilt with them. Some matched (?) up the flannel backing with the fabric, some stitched half an "X" and others stitched the other half, some stitched rows together, one insisted she would plan the lay out . . . she needs some classes in color coordination . . . but the girls are all so very, very excited that they all got an opportunity to make their new little sister a quilt. Yes, I know, I need pictures . . .

I did manage to FINALLY get my 'Wonky-House' quilt put together, put the border on, quilted, and have the binding sewn to the front and flipped - still need to stitch that in place. I was so excited and took pictures, but when I downloaded them they seem to fade away near the bottom of the quilt so you can't actually see detail. So, it's back with the camera and better lighting. I want to take it to our quilt guild tomorrow where Sis will show off her 'House' quilt . . . if you've been paying attention you may remember she and I started to make a 'wonky' house quilt and we have such different personalities. We plan to tell the group "we have the same mother, we have the same father, we even have the same brother, but we quilt to different drummers".

Enough - off here to see what the day brings. Slightly overcast today - it looks as if all the storms in Missouri were to the south and east of us yesterday. Today's weather map shows that our western friends in Kansas may be getting wet as we speak.

May you have peace and good health, and . . . well, just ENOUGH!!

SandyWhite
August 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I loved reading these posts today to see what you all were doing.

I was up somewhat early and went for a walk. I need to get my steps in. A beautiful day. Sunny and crisp 68 degrees here. Just loved my walk. Dogs were with me. Laundry to do but rest of the day is mine. Cuddle with hubby, play with the dogs and I plan to finish off my Grandmother's Choice Blocks. Block 49 came in yesterday...the last one in the weekly series. Now with all these blocks, I will need to set them into a quilt.

I've also been working on my Santa Blocks and plan to put some time into Block 2 before the sun sets.

Hugs and have a happy.

Lisapc
August 4th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Good morning! It is supposed to be cloudy and off and on rain today but it is warm and sunny. I don't know what I will do besides have another cup of coffee.

I want to work on my reverse falling charms but I will see what the boys have planned for me.

Prayers to all and enjoy life today!

shermur
August 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Morning, quilting friends! Over cast here today; I slept in later than intended, the menopause issues were going on last night into the wee morning hours. I ho9pe to get most of the laundry caught up today, more organization for my youngest DD to get ready for school....and my sewing room has been screaming for me for two weeks!
Yesterday i helped with a dog adoption event for three hours...I am pooped already and really haven't accomplished much yet today! :icon_umpf:

BellasQuilts
August 4th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Morning all. Weather here is nice and warm. Our usual for this time of year. Fiesta ends today, thank goodness. It is a weeklong celebration and Santa Barbara is packed with tourists. Glad I don't live down there. Today i will give the dogs a bath, and sew! Yesterday we cut down the old pine tree in front of the house. It was dying and pine needles were everywhere. Sorry to see it go but it was time. Love hearing about Maizyn. Bubby, my terrier hates the wet too, labs love it of course. Sandy, we need pics of your newest GD; blessings to her. Hugs to all.

Lonna
August 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Good Morning All,

Another hot and humid day here today. Getting ready to head out and do the grocery shopping before it gets to hot. Then home to hopefully spend time in my sewing room several little things that I want to finish up. My daughter wants me to make her a new charm tote and have a couple of civil war quilt blocks that I want to get done. Also have a jelly roll quilt top to sandwich and quilt, hope to get at least one of these things done today. But I do play it by ear around here some one always wants to pull me one way or another.

Have a great day one and all.

lilmouse
August 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Hello Everyone; Spent Friday night in the ER next town over...they have access to all of my medical records...have been having severe pain along my right rib cage all the way to my spine....the pain got to be too much and I went in to get it checked...I was almost in tears; it hurt so bad.....they installed an IV and started me on pain meds; drew blood and urine...and were really puzzled as I don't have my gall bladder nor my appendix...half way through some more tests one of the nurses wanted to see my old incision and low and behold there now appears a rash.....yep; I have the shingles...and do they hurt!
Am spending the day with a friend...so off I go.

Iris Girl
August 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Good morning/noon Today I sandwiched my sunflower runners. Then did 2 loads of laundry its beautiful today 75 breezy , sunny big puffy clouds. Painted half the porch, tomorrow the other half. I see hubby has the Harley out so maybe a ride later. dinner will be chicken and dumplings.

shannonsaulter
August 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
GM!! To all and its my Friday..so glad as I am still fighting jet lag..its been bad...haven't sewn since we got back buy know I will soon...
Hope everyone has a great day .

Mpyles
August 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Good morning everyone!

After my long work week, yesterday when I came home I took a 45 minute nap and then cleaned my kitchen living room and bathrooms. I did not want to spend a bit of my days off working at anything that I didn't want to! So I stayed up late and cut some Christmas material for another quilt. I woke up at 9 am to a darkened room and a rainy day! Yay!!! I love rainy days...as long as it doesn't get stormy and I hold on to electricity I will be a happy camper!! I have been working on piecing the Christmas quilt this morning and decided to take a break and see what is going in with all of you! Sounds like much of you will have rainy or overcast days and spend time with your families! I hope you enjoy your day!!

It's my daughters last week at home.....I am a bit sad, as I know I will miss her terribly but trying to be excited about the move we will make on Friday. We are both off work tomorrow so I think we will do a bit of her packing and may go and have lunch together. I made her a pillow case to match her quilt and a seat cushion for her desk chair. I need to get some buttons for it.

Well back to the forum to catch up a bit more and then back to the sewing room!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Mpyles
August 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Hello Everyone; Spent Friday night in the ER next town over...they have access to all of my medical records...have been having severe pain along my right rib cage all the way to my spine....the pain got to be too much and I went in to get it checked...I was almost in tears; it hurt so bad.....they installed an IV and started me on pain meds; drew blood and urine...and were really puzzled as I don't have my gall bladder nor my appendix...half way through some more tests one of the nurses wanted to see my old incision and low and behold there now appears a rash.....yep; I have the shingles...and do they hurt!
Am spending the day with a friend...so off I go.

Oh so sorry, they are most painful! Rest and relax!

Lindagie
August 4th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Ooh, I wouldn't wish shingles on my worst enemy; several people I know have had them and they really are painful. One lady just could not get rid of them. I hope you get relief and can get rid of them quickly!
Went to a neighboring town's celebration for fish and a beer yesterday afternoon; very pleasant day outside at the park. Today just felt lazy; sprayed some more weeds until it got too hot, so won't be cutting any grass today. I think I will try to finish two little starts for a Christmas table runner. I did one star last year, but when DH had his heart surgery in December, everything stopped as far as sewing anything. Maybe if I start now I will finish some things by December.

Ginny B
August 4th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Happy Sunday all. Nice and sunny today. DH and I headed down to the beach early this morning and stayed until around 11:30. That's when most people are arriving and we have already had a nice relaxing beachtime. :) Now we are home and more relaxing. Maybe some sewing.

pcbatiks
August 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone...........a little late checking in today. Our son sent us a text last night saying that he and his GF were coming by today if we were going to be home......he sent it at midnight..........they forget that we fall asleep early sometime. :) Not much to eat in the house because I needed to grocery shop.....so we kept things simple and had tacos. They came over.....were happy to have tacos.......they even brought ice cream. :D They also brought a new fur baby for a visit..........a wiener dog........very cute and friendly. We had a good visit.......and like someone else here on the forum mentioned the other day.........it's good to see them in person and see that they are doing okay.

Hope you all have a good week!

MayinJerset
August 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM
It is 5pm and pretty late to say Good Morning but DS#3 and kids are here. Need I say more?

DH and I were at a party yesterday afternoon and brought home some 3 big thick sandwiches, 3 rice balls, a bit of baked ziti and 2 big eggplant rolletine. DS#3 and kids were all hungry when they arrived at our house around 7:30 so they dug into the take home stuff.

They went off a few hours ago to have lunch with some of DS's friends, DH took a nap and I am enjoying the quiet while I can. I just had a great glass of fresh ice tea and now am ready to put some dinner together.

Lonna
August 4th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Lilmouse I know how you feel I had the singles about two months ago. The pain is horrible the only thing that got me through were some of Wayne's loratabs don't think I could have made it with out some sort of pain med. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

lilmouse
August 5th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Thank you ladies....I have pain meds and an antiviral medicine to take and it is starting to help but am still breaking out with fresh blisters but at least I can't easily get to them to scratch as they are on my torso and back and clothes get in the way...they burn more than they itch...the pain is unrelenting and even the meds only reduce it to a more tolerable level....have been sleeping allot.

pcbatiks
August 5th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Thank you ladies....I have pain meds and an antiviral medicine to take and it is starting to help but am still breaking out with fresh blisters but at least I can't easily get to them to scratch as they are on my torso and back and clothes get in the way...they burn more than they itch...the pain is unrelenting and even the meds only reduce it to a more tolerable level....have been sleeping allot.

Lilmouse......sorry to hear you are suffering from shingles......will be praying for you.