PDA

View Full Version : fat tuesday....

ginampls
March 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
MORNIN... hah ha... i post the tuesday post... i am going to go to walmart and do a big bad shop for food and socks... didn't get to much done.

as for chores but did get living room presentable... but aih.. its okay...

and i got the apt.. now i can live closer to Oodles...
everyone on the morning chat... i love you.. and hope healings happen. for those whos loved ones are in hospital... and all that. has any seen Hillbilly? well hji Jen nad hens..

NM Lady
March 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Gina good to see you on.

Saying prayers for all those who are not feeling well or are in the hospital.

Made some beautiful pillow cases for a dear friend who is in rehab. She has been in the hospital since Nov, 2010. I've decided Jenny's tutorial on pillow cases is great. Pillow cases have become the flowers I send. Its fun and folks seem to enjoy it.

Well, its going to be a long day, so everyone have a very blessed day.

God Bless and take care.

SuzyQue
March 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
NM lady-----love your idea about giving pillowcases for rehabs/ hospital visits, etc. I might have to steal that plan! Great idea! and who can't use lovely new pillowcases! Novel, fun, and practical! SuzyQue

Connie Chamberlain
March 8th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Pillow cases are a good way to use up old stash. Connie

EsGrandma
March 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Good Morning All, Our weather is looking kind of gray and dreary - perfect for sewing!! Prayers go to all in need of healing.
Thanks for the pillowcase idea - just perfect for men or women! Hope everybody has a good day. Linda

Sandy Navas
March 8th, 2011, 12:39 PM
We can all say a prayer for Blondie's Mom - see she got an early start. Hope all goes well with her Mom's surgery today.

Gina - I'm excited that you got the new apartment. When do you move? Wish I could help you.

Love the pillowcase idea. Last night was guild night and they are planning different charity events - and instead of asking everyone to participate in all of they they are requesting you sign up for a specific charity item and then not feel frustrated about trying to do too many.

I wish you could have all been at the quilt meeting last night. We have one male member and his quilting is absolutely fantastic. He's in the process of getting a book published and showed us quilts that were made using different colors for the same pattern. He also showed us some of his very first work and amazed us by saying he'd made a quilt in two weeks . . . then said he only could work on them on the weekends . . . He showed us his failures and successes - all in all about 30-40 separate quilts and he's only been quilting for about 7 or 8 years!!! Go figure. Some of his stuff is truly mind-boggling and he has some very traditional stuff as well as some very modern looking quilts. He does his own designs quite often. One of his quilts is going to be in the Lancaster show (I believe that's the one - it's a traveling quilt). Anyway, a wonderful evening out.

Off to see that the kids are all happy!!

Hugs and prayers, warm wishes for everyone!!

janluna
March 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone. I am keeping Blondie's Mom in prayer as today is surgery day. And prayers for Blondie to keep her strength up. I worry she will get sick again from the stress she is going through.
Trish prayers are with you and your family too.
I will be cleaning as my quilt club will be meeting at my house tonight. We get together every Tuesday night, except for the first week of the month. Then we go to each other's houses with more people on that first friday of the month, during the day. We do show and tell or we take a class as a group. We help each other out with what we are working on. We have a great time. We do shop hops together or check out a new quilt shop. They are a great group of women and I love them all. Well I better go take my meds and start cleaning. Hugs, Jan Have a great day!!

toggpine
March 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Hello All!
Prayers for Blondie & her mom from here too.
Congrats on the new apartment Gina! It sounds like a wonderful place for you!
Happy cleaning Jan! It always goes easier if you have a puropse behind the cleaning.
I have some buttons to sew on a few things and then I hope to get back to some serious sewing on the wedding quilt.
You all take care!
Cathy

debinmalaga
March 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Know Blondie will feel our good vibes coming at her and Mom all day.

Enjoying catching up on the posts, have had a few minutes here and there but never time lately to really wallow in the eye candy and catch up on what everyone is up to. Had an early day at work, whizzed through my chores, and now it's me time. Who better to share it with than all my quilting ladies (and gent!).

Have a great day, everyone!

Sandy Navas
March 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Talk about eye candy. Here's the link to the website for my quilting guild 'male' friend: http://www.3dogdesignco.com/

He's just started his site so there isn't much up there yet. Its a WIP. I really wish everyone of you could have attended the meeting last night and seen his work in person.

quiltingtrish
March 8th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Prayers for Blondie's mom today.
Thanks Momma - I work with kids with learning disabilities and even though Katie doesn't have that - I am finding out I certainly am not the only mom out there having trouble with their 'normal' teen.
Odie's calling tonight! First I have a guild meeting and then I get to talk to him -what a wonderful way to end the day. I just love hearing his voice. We always start out "Hey Mom!" "Hey Odie!" And it's only gets better from there.

Guess I better get moving. Have to make dinner, make a run get gas, then to the food store, go to the meeting and then get home for the phone call. Looks like rain from tomorrow through Saturday - yuck.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Hugs,

Onetiredmomma
March 9th, 2011, 01:13 AM
It's been a very good day! I'm just too tired to tell you all about it. Nighty night everyone. Dream sweetly.

Blondie
March 9th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks everyone! Yours prayers were most welcome and definitely heard.
I am thanking the Lord right now for each of you.