PDA

View Full Version : First of August in Switzerland

Renate
August 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM

Yesterday we celebrated our national birthday day. First of August everywhere in Switzerland, People come together having a good day. And so did we with our neighbors and friends in our garden. We had a delicious Barbecue (you see me doing the Dessert in one of the Pictures), sitting around a big table, the childrens are playing, all the garden is decorated with lanterns. When it gets dark you see firework (how do you call it?) everywhere, on the hills ar lighted big fires .... one day I will take a plain that crosses Switzerland at this time, it must be amazing ...
It is a Little bit like New Years night, only better ...

And the best News at last:
Today night our Little nephew Kian was Born. 3.33 am. I now will go and welcome him bringing his sweet Little Baby quilt I worked on at the last weeks.

I wish you all a happy weekend

Renate
August 2nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
sorry, one Picture is double, here is the one I wanted to post:

Cathy F
August 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Renate, looks like everyone had a wonderful time! Your barbeque fixings look delicious, what were you making for dessert?Looked like shortcake biscuits.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Sounds like the celebration in the US that we experience on 4th of July, our Independece Day. Your groaning table full of treats looks wonderful! I'll bet you had a great time.a

Shirley
August 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
Looks like fun! I would love to visit there..

MayinJerset
August 2nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
Oh, the garden looks lovely. the fireworks look spectacular and the food delicious, you certainly know how to celebrate your country's birthday. And Welcome to your new nephew Kian, everyone is sure to remember his birthdate.

Sandy Navas
August 2nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
What a wonderful day for you!! I LOVE your huge table, too!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Lisapc
August 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Congratulations, a baby is such a blessing to have in the family. Kian is a wonderful name.

Looks like you were celebrating the 4th of July. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time.

You and Marcus deserve a good time.

nanypatch
August 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
What are you baking in the picture?

Renate
August 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Dears,thanks for looking. How should I explain what I am baking. It is a Bavarian receipt and we call it "Rohrnudeln". It is from a yeast Doug.
500 gr. wheat flour
20 gr. yeast
250 ml milk
100 gr. butter
80 gr sugar
make a very long let rested yeats Doug out of it. Make Little dumplings like you se me in the Picture (let them rest again for 30 minutes), than fill each with half a plum or apricot, put it into a caserole (in melted butter) and put melted butter on top
than bake it in the middle of the oven at 180 C about 30 minutes. than put it out and immediately turn it around on a board (down side up) and scatter vanilin sugar over it

If you Need more explanation, please let me know by pm

phoots
August 3rd, 2013, 01:47 AM
Happy Birthday to Switzerland! Looks like you had a great day!

Pam in Vegas