PDA

View Full Version : Recovery, ugh

auntiemern
August 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM
Wanted to let all of you know that my recovery is coming along nicely. I would not feel to bad at all, if not for the skin tears from the tape, and rashes from the tape. Breathing seems to be pretty good. I get tired easy, but that is to be expected after major surgery. Love you all, and wanted to thank you for the prayers. Keep em comin' I still have a long way to go,

EsGrandma
August 1st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Dear Marilyn, Been thinking and praying for you - finished up three pillowcases and a couple of children's quilts for you. Take care dear friend, and thanks for the update - loved hearing from you!! Linda

cyndiofthevortex
August 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM
I'm so glad to hear this good report! You are in my thoughts and prayers every day, Marilyn.

K. McEuen
August 1st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Yep, even though you may appear healed on the outside it takes quite a while for the insides to catch up. Just pace yourself and you'll be good as new soon.

PeggyM
August 1st, 2013, 08:50 PM
One day at a time. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

HandsOffItsMine
August 1st, 2013, 08:54 PM
(((Marilyn))), those sores and rashes are painful and annoying. :(

Now make sure you take your time and don't over due. Not that you'll listen to anyone of us. lol Prayers and love of course from all of us here in Georgia.

Huggers, Ruby and Don plus The Stegers

Bubby
August 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Glad to hear you are coming along nicely. Yes, it will take a good while to get over such a major surgery. Hugs & Prayers, Barb

Sew Perfect
August 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM
Hello Marilyn - It is good to hear from you after so long. I am glad you are recovering. Hang in there, you are still in our prayers.

buckeyequilter
August 1st, 2013, 09:12 PM
Take it easy and get plenty of rest....prayers being said for you.

Cathy F
August 1st, 2013, 09:26 PM
So glad to hear from you! Sending good wishes for a continuing recovery. Hoping each day makes you a little bit better.

Sharyn J
August 1st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Glad to hear you're on the mend Marilyn. We all think of you and send our prayers for a speedy recovery. Take each day, one at a time. You'll be up and at it before your know!

grannyann
August 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
I am glad you can get on here and give us an up date. I know you want a speedy recovery but try and behave your self.
And I say to my self take your own advice Ann. You take care and I am praying God will reward you for taking it slow and easy..

Grandma G
August 1st, 2013, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear from you and that you are recovering nicely. I know they make tape that is non-allergic. I bought some at the pharmacy for my DH after his surgeries. Speaking of which - please do not over do. Don't wait until you are tired before resting. I know, I'm preaching (and according to my DH I missed my "calling"), but it is so easy to have a relapse when you try and rush recovery. Continued prayers for you.

Kaytessa
August 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
Great to hear from you Everyone has given you stellar advice to take good care of yourself and we're praying daily for your speedy full recovery!

ilive2craft2
August 1st, 2013, 10:17 PM
Good to hear from you and such a great update! Continue resting and letting your body heal - don't push yourself, it is hard work to heal. Keeping you in my prayers.

Nidan_07
August 1st, 2013, 10:23 PM
Hi Marilyn, So glad to hear that you are on the mend. Please take it slowly, and follow all the Doctor's orders. Take it easy. Take note of all of the messages that your body sends you... you know your own body and when it is telling you to slow down etc.
Onward and Upward......one step at a time. Each day is a day closer to full recovery.
All the very best to you!!

MayinJerset
August 2nd, 2013, 04:43 AM
I know it is difficult to keep a good woman day but woman rest up every day, you need and deserve a rest.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 2nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
It's great to hear from you that you are progressing in your healing. Hang in there, sweetie!

Iris Girl
August 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
So happy to hear your good report. Take it slow and listen to your body . One day at a time. Pretty soon you will be back knocking those quilts out quickly. which reminds me I need to get one quilted and then I will have a couple to spend you.

Lissau
August 2nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
get well soon Marilyn ...please take care mate :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:

RFREE
August 2nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
You got it ! Glad to hear you are doing do well!

MRoy
August 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
It's good to hear you're doing so well. Behave yourself....prayers and hugs!

Sandy Navas
August 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Even that hypo-allergenic tape can cause many of us major problems. You know, dear one, that you are on my mind, in my heart, and in my prayers! Tough Cookies don't crumble . . .
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/lisaarthur/files/2012/05/300px-ChocolateChipSmile1.jpg (http://www.forbes.com/sites/lisaarthur/2012/05/22/eu-e-privacy-directive-takes-effect-may-26-will-your-cookies-crumble/)

Mimis-quilts
August 2nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
As everyone else has said...glad to know you are progressing, but take it easy, you don't want to relapse and cause more problems. Are you home or still in the hospital? Thoughts and prayers for you daily!

New York Sue
August 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Even that hypo-allergenic tape can cause many of us major problems. You know, dear one, that you are on my mind, in my heart, and in my prayers! Tough Cookies don't crumble . . .
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/lisaarthur/files/2012/05/300px-ChocolateChipSmile1.jpg (http://www.forbes.com/sites/lisaarthur/2012/05/22/eu-e-privacy-directive-takes-effect-may-26-will-your-cookies-crumble/)

Now this is PRICELESS, Sandy! I couldn't have said it better.

I'm over-the top that you posted, Marilyn!
Have a little patience with your healing though. It's going to take time.
I remember 2 weeks after my hysterectomy sobbing like a baby, because I didn't have the patience for the recovery. (It takes a LOT for me to cry, let alone SOB).
Your surgery was a much bigger deal than mine. (And I get the feeling we are a lot a like. Just a hunch....)
Daily goals. Baby steps. Within four to six weeks, you'll be in rare form, chica!

CrazyMtnLady
August 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear you are on the mend. Will keep you in my prayers.

Evilynn
August 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Dear Marilyn!

You've been through a lot lately, and I just want to let you know that I have been thinking a lot about you. :) I hope that the rashes will get better. The tired part is understandable, it's your body telling you you need to rest. Please listen to your body =) Don't overdo it please :) You will be back to a lot better if you let your body have the sleep it wants :)

Many hugs,

Steffie

auntiemern
August 2nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Sandy, you are so right about the hypo allergenic tape. When I told them about my tape sensitivity, I should have also told them you can't just rip any tape off of me, cuz it will tear my skin. My face looked like I was on the loosing end of a fight. My eyelid, under my eye, my cheek and my lips were all torn up. I have a spot under my right boob that is awful.
But I am being good and not pushing myself. Doing my breathing exercises, and walking. Not really complaining, because I am very aware of how blessed I am. I could have been sooooo much worse. Thank you one and all. I love you bunches.

K. McEuen
August 2nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Oh, I forgot the other day to say ... if you smear Bacitracin ointment on the tape tears a couple times a day, they won't scar as much. A plastic surgeon told me that trick when my daughter cut her face as a toddler. The scar she has is as thin as a piece of hair and you can't really see it unless you know where to look now.

Plus it's an antibiotic ointment so it helps things heal too.

MartinaG
August 2nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
After my hysterectomy, the doctor put me on HRT and plastered a big patch on my backside. I was allergic to the tape but didn't realize it at first. Not to mention the mess those hormones put me in. The patch apparently liked to move around a bit so I had giant discolored glue spots, embellished by large patches of red welts (like FMQ gone wild) and my mood was to match. It was a fun time at our house. Still surprised that DH put up with me. The man deserves a medal.

Sorry you are feeling (and maybe looking) like a price fighter. Just make sure you win the round!

phoots
August 3rd, 2013, 01:42 AM
Marilyn, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! Keep up the good work!

Love ya!
Pam in Vegas

dwil23
August 3rd, 2013, 02:10 AM
All in all, this is great news! Take care and continued prayers coming your way.

Jen7
August 3rd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts continue to flow your direction!

Miss Sheri
August 3rd, 2013, 02:50 AM
Yea Marilyn! Hang in there sweetie!

Loonwatcher
August 3rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Thank you for the update. So glad things are coming along well. You'll be up and running in no time. Thinking of you often and sending all my good thoughts and positive energy your way.

Hugs,

GuitarGramma
August 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM
You remain in my prayers, Marilyn!

HdWench
August 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks so much for the update Marilyn! Time to slow down and heal, the hard work but prayers daily you find the strength to let others DO for you for once :-)

BellasQuilts
August 5th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Keep it up Marilyn. We're going in the right direction....keep going!