PDA

View Full Version : So not about quilting

Trish04
July 29th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I have had Keruig coffee pot for almost a year. It quit and won't turn on at all. Husband electrician checked all the outlets etc. yep still won't turn on..well I contacted the company and they are sending a brand new one out. Talk about great service !!! Over the top..my daughter gave me her little Keruig as her husband only one who drinks coffee and dint like it, soooo I am putting little one in my sewing room, be great when I need the extra boost lol thanks for listening

bubba
July 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
They do have great customer service! A friend of mine has a husband who is in the Army Special Forces. When they were deployed undercover to Afghanistan, my friend contacted Keurig and asked if they shipped to apo/fpo addresses. Well, the gal at Keurig wanted to know why she was asking and my friend told her. Not only did they ship coffee, they shipped a second Keurig - everything at no cost!!! The customer service rep told them when they needed refills to let her know and the company would send them at no cost as well. This has been going on for the past few years....I was pretty amazed!

Sandy Navas
July 29th, 2013, 06:54 PM
What do you mean, thanks for listening? I know where I'm going to spend my mornings for a while.

Great service - maybe I'll think twice about switching pots now.

K. McEuen
July 29th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Great to know, as I've not had to use their customer service yet. I've had mine for a little over a year now.

nyscpa2be
July 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM
That is great to hear about their customer service. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters owns Keurig, and they are based just a few miles from Ben & Jerry's. Considering the PR nightmare they have had in the past few years regarding investor relations, knowing that they are that compassionate is great.

bubba
July 29th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Please don't tell me Green Mountain is owned by Ben & Jerrys cuz I'll have to dump my Keurig!!

nyscpa2be
July 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Please don't tell me Green Mountain is owned by Ben & Jerrys cuz I'll have to dump my Keurig!!

LOL - Nope, your Keurig is safe. GMCR owns the GMCR line, Keurig line, and K-Cup line, and licenses or owns the companies you can get K-cups through. Dunkin Donuts is a licensing agreement with GMCR; Timothy's is a GMCR owned product.

Ben and Jerry's has scoop shops, where GMCR is served - I am fairly sure it is a strategic partnership highlighting Vermont products.

Ben and Jerry's is owned by Unilever, however. And Unilever is a HUGE company. They own Ivory Soap, Dove Deodorant, Hellmans, Knorr, Lipton, Ponds, Skippy Peanut Butter, Mazola Oil, Sun dishwashing powder, among others. B&J used to be a locally owned company. Not anymore - they are just a small segment at the end of a giant mix of puppet strings held by Unilever.

Roxanne
July 29th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I LOVE my keurig. No better coffee in the world. Just a little tip - If you ever get the word prime on your keurig and it won't turn on, just unplug, plug back in and turn it on and it's fine. My hubby put a little outlet strip on ours because it loses it prime quite often. Easier to just turn off the outlet strip than to unplug every time.

PeggyM
July 29th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I don't remember life before Keurig. I'm not going back.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
July 29th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I love my Keurig! My whole family loves it at any given time we have more than 8 different kinds of k-cups!

bdmsmith
July 29th, 2013, 11:15 PM
I finally got a Keurig about 6 months ago---even though I don't drink coffee, I thought it was neat and wanted one. I absolutely love the teas, especially the chai tea. My husband doesn't like the coffee because he says it's too strong so we still have our Bunn for his coffee, but my oldest son loves the coffee so we're good. It's amazing how these gadgets become such a part of our lives!

MayinJerset
July 29th, 2013, 11:26 PM
We received one as a gift as DH drinks a lot of coffee. Never really got the hang of it, coffee is either too strong or too weak so we are sticking with our Mr. Coffee. DH makes 10 cups each morning which is about 4 to 5 mugs of coffee. If I don't grab myself at least one mug for myself he will finish off the pot by midmorning. It can make 12 cups but I'm trying to cut down on DH's coffee consumption, next step is making 8 cups per morning.

Hulamoon
July 29th, 2013, 11:44 PM
I love mine and then bought one for my dd. It's so worth it to get the do it your self cup. It's about $20 at walmart. I need to get a spice grinder so I think I will grind my coffee too.