PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for 78 dead and over 100 wounded in train crash

lourixe
July 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
It happened 3 km from my sister's home: she told me of the smell and the noise. She knew some of the victims and most of the neighbours that assisted them after the accident. There were many tourists too, some of them americans. Being a young mother, she is specially concerned about the many kids and babies affected. It is a tragedy for a town of less than 100.000 habitants, on the very eve of its major ferstivity. The whole region is mourning.

Thanks for your prayers.

MayinJerset
July 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Oh my goodness what a terrible accident! Just up this morning having my coffee before checking the news online so I don't know where it happened. Prayers for all those and their families.

Bubby
July 28th, 2013, 09:36 AM
We watched that on the news...so tragic.

Sandy Navas
July 28th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Prayers being said for all involved - in any way. What a tragedy.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 28th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Is this a different event from the one in Spain with the high speed train?

bakermom
July 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
we've been following this! such a terrible thing!

cyndiofthevortex
July 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM
This surely is a great tragedy. The pictures of it crashing are haunting. Yes, we need to pray for everyone involved, including those assisting in helping the survivors. What horrible things they must have seen.

alliek
July 28th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Beyond tragic because it was preventable. God be with all the families and the rescuers. Prayers for all. Such saddness.

lourixe
July 28th, 2013, 01:58 PM
It is the accident in Spain, sorry I didn't put all the data. Another of the injured, an american lady, has just passed away making it 79 (http://ccaa.elpais.com/ccaa/2013/07/28/galicia/1375017014_721138.html)dead. What is revolting is, they are putting all the guilt on the man that drove, when there should have been other means of control and security. But the company is intending to sell the pattent and technology of these machines in other countries and they don't want to lose the contracts on account of the trains being unreliable.

Miss Sheri
July 28th, 2013, 02:27 PM
My son is good friends with a young lds missionary Steven Ward, who was on that train headed to his first area of missionary service. He was among the injured but will be ok, some concerns about a neck injury above the other more minor injuries. Today is my son's missionary farewell address in our church. He will be headed to El Salvadore for the next two years, leaves in about a week. I asked him if this incident made him concerned in any way about leaving, but he firmly stated that the Lord looks after his own and he would be in the Lord's service so, no, he was not at all concerned. I hope I can match his faith. Prayers for all who were involved in this terrible accident.

shannonsaulter
July 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
We have seen a lot of news in this while on our trip. Just tragic...our prayers are with all touched by this..

Lilly
July 28th, 2013, 05:23 PM
P
My son is good friends with a young lds missionary Steven Ward, who was on that train headed to his first area of missionary service. He was among the injured but will be ok, some concerns about a neck injury above the other more minor injuries. Today is my son's missionary farewell address in our church. He will be headed to El Salvadore for the next two years, leaves in about a week. I asked him if this incident made him concerned in any way about leaving, but he firmly stated that the Lord looks after his own and he would be in the Lord's service so, no, he was not at all concerned. I hope I can match his faith. Prayers for all who were involved in this terrible accident.
Prayers to the young lad and for his special mission. I'm sure the Lord will use him mightily with that attitude. My DD will return in 5 weeks from her mission in the Philippines. So many scary things have happened to her that she trys not to tell me them. Just last night on Skype she got a huge electric shock from the ants that have eaten away her wires under her computer and the extreeme humidity causing damage. She dropped the computer and left us in the dark for 4-5 minutes. When we finally got re-connected I just had to breathe deeply and repeat "The safest place to be is the center of God's will". This is not in any way to take away from that very serious train crash, BTW. - Just saying it is always good to pray for those missionaries.

janluna
July 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM
​Saying Prayers for your DD's safe return. And Prayers for all the people and rescue workers involved in the train crash. This is so sad. God Bless them all.