PDA

View Full Version : Saturday surprises

Blondie
July 27th, 2013, 06:05 AM

Happy Saturday folksies!

I woke up so early this morning, couldn't get back to sleep and decided to check my email and then the forum. I am so overjoyed by the wonderful news about our Marilyn that I am doing the happy dance. Even Luscious danced around the room with me. That's saying something. Luscious doesn't dance. He sort of stands in place while I do the Elaine herky jerky kind of dance. Honestly, I dance like Elaine from Seinfeld. It ain't purty. But I am happy and that's what counts.

Today will be my last morning at the mall location. I have some family lined up to help get all my stuff outta there. My hubby's bro was supposed to do the sink in the new place yesterday but couldn't make it. Fingers crossed it will be done today or this week! Yikes!

I think this has been the best morning wake up I have had in I can't remember when. Ruby, please tell Rhonda to give Marilyn a tender hug from me. I am with her in my heart, wishing I could be sitting next to her, making her giggle.

Blessings

Blondie

HandsOffItsMine
July 27th, 2013, 07:05 AM
:) Blondie, that's how we felt when I read Rhonda's message on FB! Had to tell Don, then called Kat 'cause she was out and about with the kids. We were so excited and thankful for our Marilyn!

Wish you were closer, Don would have had that sink installed for you already. You and I could have done the whole color/layout/painting bit...done!

Our morning started at 4:45 am, both of us wide awake. Gave up at 5, went down and started the coffee ritual. We're meeting up the kids/grandbabies at Golden Corral for breakfast. Their treat 'cause Don changed out the dead battery and put new spark plug, did a tune up on Matt's pickup truck on Wednesday. Matt was thrilled on Thursday driving his truck. lol He called Kat, "It has spunk again, it drive great!" Now his gas mileage has improved too. Good thing, it takes him at least an hour in the morning, hour and a half in the evening for his commute.

Still waiting for results, will keep myself business empting boxes/organizing my art/graphics office. It's a slow go 'cause I have no energy and get tired easily. Guess I'll take a lot of rests as needed.

Have a great weekend folks and we'll continue to pray for Marilyn, Whitney and those in need. Huggers, Ruby

Mpyles
July 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning!

Lol, I didn't think I wild find anyone up on a Saturday morning!! I wish I wasn't!! :(

Continuing to pray for a smooth and speedy recovery for Marilyn and all the others in need of prayers.

Off to work soon....it's been such a long week....if all the planets align correctly I should be off tomorrow....

Made a coordinating chair cushion to match the quilt for dd dorm room the other night. I think there is a couple of throw pillows and maybe a pillow case in my future.

Well...I owe ...I owe....

Everyone have a great Saturday!

Iris Girl
July 27th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good Morning all!!

I am always up at 4 or 4:30 am everyday work or no work! I am the early bird and love the morning hours. Got tea in hand and am getting ready for work.

So happy to hear about Marilyns news!!

Blondie you will get the sink in and be ready for your first customers in plenty of time and it will be beautiful!

Foggy here atm but then it usually is in this valley.

Have a great day all and hugs to whom ever needs them.

Monique
July 27th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning all you early risers. Blondie, have fun getting ready for the new digs. I sure wish I were a customer of yours. And yes, it is wonderful news about Marilyn.

I was bored yesterday so I cut the grass in the morning and then I had to have a nap. I managed to finish the borders on a UFO which will be for my brother for Christmas. It is not a girly girly quilt so it will be perfect for him. Off to the local flea market this morning, you never know what you will find. I will pack up and get ready for our camp trip tomorrow. I can't wait. In the middle of nowhere, no electricity, no phones, just peace and quiet on a little lake. Next weekend, Phil is bringing Maizyn here for the week. That will be nice.

Well that is about it for me. I will try and get on here tomorrow but if not see you all Wednesday probably.

Have a great weekend.

aliaslaceygreen
July 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Good morning! Great news today about Marilyn....dancing indeed, at that hour??
LOL!!

I am off to quilting today.... have a great one!

sewbizzy
July 27th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Blondie, that is great news about Marilyn...praying for a fast recovery...
good luck on setting up your new shop....hope everything goes smoothly for you..

SuzyQue
July 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Blondie---although hectic, I hear the peace in your post. I think this move of the shop will be wonderful for you!
Praise for Marilyn's great news! Continued prayer for a fast recovery.
Off to start the day and see where it goes............it seems to have a mind of its own.....or at least not of my mind!

MayinJerset
July 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Well, I wasn't up early as yesterday was a long, long day but was happy to hear the news about our pal Marilyn.

Today I'll tackle the washing machine again, rinse water backing up again. Every time we think we have the problem solved and the machine drains properly for a few months it begins again. This time no snaking of the discharge pipes, we need the plumber with an xray machine to check out the underground pipes. Chaching, Chaching, house is 53 yrs old on a concrete base so the outtake pipes are all underground.

Yesterday DH had an angioplasty for blockage in his right leg. We were at hospital 7:30 for his 9:30 procedure and it was about 4pm when we left. Blockage was too deep to remove all of it but hopefully it is enough to increase circulation in his leg. We both got home exhausted, DH's was expected but I didn't my think sitting in the waiting room all day would wipe me out. Everything there was nice, plenty of juice, coffee, tea, rolls and muffins for snacks and I did finish reading this month's book for my book club. DH is feeling good so that's what is important.

Need to wrap gift for great grandson Jack, his 2nd birthday party is tomorrow. When giving gifts to little kids I always like to get a little something for their siblings but hope Jack's 2 month old brother George doesn't feel bad as I couldn't find a little gift for him. Looking forward to seeing and holding George as we haven't seen him since his Christening. He should be so much more alert as he just slept right through all of his Christening.

Need to also wrap up a little gift, card and check for his godmother Elisabeth, our granddaughter. She will be 21 in a few days and will soon be back at college. I always give her some extra money on her birthday for new clothes, etc. for the new semester. Summers and breaks she works at a famous local ice cream shop, lots of other high school and college students work there also so you know it is kind of a fun job. Photo of them is kind of dark but you get the idea they have a good time. Black and white is of her and friend at a 50's dance, she is the one in the white blouse. Her and her friends are big on swing dancing. Funny aside, as the 50's were my days and I was more into mambo. She is studying to be a nurse and is doing very well at school. Time to tackle the washing machine. May

Sandy Navas
July 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Ahhh, life is good! It is so great to see such upbeat and positive news today. For all our other friends who are battling health and personal issues, I continue to ask for guidance and healing for them.

Where did I just read . . . SuzyQue . . . I, too, let the day unfold and never know what is right around the corner. Sure hope it is a very productive day for everyone.

Hugs!!

nyscpa2be
July 27th, 2013, 11:24 AM
It seems to be a good morning for all but me. I was bored and lonely last night, and took out my boredom on a bottle of coconut rum and some orange pineapple juice. I'm feeling it this morning.
Once I get my homework on Boeing done, I'm going to haul up the boxes out of my car and start packing. The new owners of the desk/quilting table are coming tomorrow afternoon, so I need to clear out. And then I will attempt to finish this baby quilt - I'm doing straight lines with painters tape.
Sorry I can't respond to everyones post this morning - I'm reading them, but brain isn't comprehending much yet.
:)

Lindagie
July 27th, 2013, 11:41 AM
It was such a beautiful morning to sit outside, drink some coffee and let the dog run around for awhile. It could stay like this the rest of the summer and I would be a happy girl! I really don't tolerate those 90-100 temps anymore.
I must go get some thread so I can get some sewing done this weekend: I have no idea where I put the GOOD thread, but I'm sure I will find it after I buy some more. Guess that means I need to organize my stuff again. The only thing I've worked on all week is the baby quilt; hand quilting those circles all over it. I am almost finished with it, finally!

Have to get going so the day doesn't disappear on me. Happy for those who are doing well, saying a few prayers for the ones who are suffering physically or emotionally, and thanking God for all of our blessings on this beautiful day. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

cyndiofthevortex
July 27th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Today the weather is perfect here in New Hampshire, so I'm determined to spend as much of it outside as I can - after I finish catching up with everyone on the forum, that is! I'd like to spend a little time putting the binding on my batik star quilt also. DH is home and we are planning on having a fun day just hanging out together. And as always, I plan on going out for some yummy ice cream at my favorite little restaurant, The Lone Oak. That's the place that has no oak trees, just pines.

I've been on some new medication for about a week now and I just itch everywhere. When oh when will this go away? It's so irritating. There, that's my complaint for this otherwise wonderful day. Prayers for those requests posted here and elsewhere on the forum. I love that we can pray for each other!

lilmouse
July 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Morning all; I too love that we can pray for each other....I discovered last night that if I do a little hand stitching before I go to bed I fall asleep quicker and sleep easier than if I don't....have to plan another quilt for hand stitching...may make up another COC quilt; those are always fun and I picked up the curve master foot from one of the gals in my sewing group who lost hers and purchased another one and then found hers so now I have one....will be fun trying it out. I had a great day yesterday but am working today and am trying to finish up loose odds and ends here.....will plan on more hand quilting tonight for sure.
I was so happy to read the message from Marilyn today....she is going to be feeling squeezed with all of her cyber hugs.
Also praying for all the others in need
I did finish a UFO last night so I am pleased about that! On to another one tonight....am hoping to finish it as well and start sewing rows on one that is hogging the design wall....I need more wall space for a second design wall!
Everyone have a great weekend and will check back in after work tonight!
Hugs and prayers, Susie

Bubby
July 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I'm also thrilled about our Marilyn...I had a pm from her this morning and she sounds like her old self. I'm so thankful that she will be healthy and spunky again soon. She (we) have lots of PICU quilts to make and deliver.

I'm having a slow morning but Jeff is working in the yard. Nothing slows that man of mine down. The Girls are having a pretty quiet Saturday also...naps all around.

I'm going to get off here and try to make a pillowcase or two to go with DGS's quilt.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday....Hugs All Around, Barb