PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Update - Out of Surgery

HandsOffItsMine
July 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hi folks,

Rhonda posted this on FB, suspecting she might not be able to access the Forum.

"Marilyn is out of surgery. She had a lot of scar tissue from past pneumonia. They found no tumors in her lymph nodes and the other tumor was removed. She has a drainage tube in and will be in ICU for at least today and more likely tomorrow."

I'm thankful that all of our prayers have kept her save during surgery and that the cancer hasn't spread into her lymphatic system! That is a major blessing!!

We will continue our prayers for her and send healing light her way, especially over the next 48 hours.

Just wanted her MSQC family and friends to know how she's doing.

Huggers, Ruby

K. McEuen
July 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Great news! Now as long as the stubborn thing doesn't over do things when she is released.

bakermom
July 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM
thanks for letting us know. Hope the recovery is quick

ilive2craft2
July 26th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you Ruby!!!! I have been praying for her all day, so glad to hear that the surgery went well and nothing is in her lymph nodes!!!

cyndiofthevortex
July 26th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm so glad it's over for her and now she's on the road to recovery. I've thought of her and prayed for her all day, and I'll continue those prayers. Thank you so much for letting us know.

pcbatiks
July 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
So glad to hear the good report............thanks for letting us know.

Monique
July 26th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Thanks Ruby.

EsGrandma
July 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM
A big thank you for the update! Will continue praying for her.

nyscpa2be
July 26th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the update! Prayers that she heals soon.

grannyann
July 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Good news and thank you for keeping us all informed. I was thinking of her this afternoon. I sure hope she recovers with no complications. Tell her if you can we are all thinking of her.

New York Sue
July 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM
WOOHOO!
GREAT news! Thanks for sharing, Ruby!
I have a feeling that Marilyn will be far ahead of the pack, recovery-wise.
Just a hunch.... ;)

Madeforyouinma11
July 26th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Oh good! That is great news! I've been thinking of her all day today...I've had her in my prayers and will keep her there. Send her our love and tell her we said hello. :)

bec
July 26th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Fantastic news! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Kaytessa
July 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Wonderful news, thanks and may her healing be complete as well as speedy.

Miss Sheri
July 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Ruby, you sweetheart! Thank you so much, you knew we would all be worried about her. Such good news. I hope she feels the strength of our love, and prayers and friendship.

Iris Girl
July 26th, 2013, 08:57 PM
thank you for the update, Hoping for a quick recovery.

Sew Perfect
July 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Thank you. So glad shes doing ok!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 26th, 2013, 09:26 PM
So glad to hear this. She's been on my mind and in my prayers all day.

Cathy F
July 26th, 2013, 09:34 PM
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know.

WVGranny
July 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Praying for a quick recovery

Precious1
July 26th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Yay!! Good to hear she's out and it was not in her nodes. Will continue to thank God for her healing and her speedy recovery.

mom4him
July 26th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Very good news! Praying for safe speedy recovery.

RFREE
July 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Great news! So glad that is behind her so now she can start healing. Prayers continue for our dear friend.

BellasQuilts
July 26th, 2013, 10:30 PM
good news, we will keep up the prayers.

alliek
July 26th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks Ruby, Thank you Lord for answered prayer, no lymph node involvement, Now onward and upward!

Mimis-quilts
July 26th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Glad to know surgery is over and that she is doing well. Thank you for the update!

EnumclawGramma
July 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM
This is awesome news! Thank you so much for the update!

SallyO'Sews
July 27th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Thanks, Ruby, for the update! Please convey my love to Marilyn and let her know I am continuing to pray.
Blessings and hugs, ~ Sally \0/

lilmouse
July 27th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Continuing prayers for her healing her..thanks for the great news and the update....let her know we love and miss her and are keeping her covered in prayer....Susie

phoots
July 27th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Such good news! Thank you for the update!!

Pam in Vegas

GuitarGramma
July 27th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I'm so glad to hear things went well. I have been praying for her -- and will keep praying.

Jen7
July 27th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Thank goodness for the power of prayer! All good wishes and thoughts...

dwil23
July 27th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Answered prayers! Thanks for keeping us posted.

MayinJerset
July 27th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Great News that all went well and no spread of the cancer. Prayers continuing for our Marilyn's quick and full recovery.

Rhonda D. Matzker
July 27th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Dear Forum Friends:

Sorry I did not post earlier, after driving two hours home I was so tired I fell asleep.

First off, Ruby thank you so much for posting my update on her for me so that everyone would know how she was doing. When I finally got to see her alone for a few minutes afterwards and after prayer that was the first thing she told me to do, "post to the forum and let everyone know". She looked good after surgery and did not seem in a lot of pain but she held tight to her new little friend, "the pain machine pump button". She was in good spirits and she said she wanted a shirt that said she kicked cancer's butt. Personally I think she needs one that says, "this mean ole' bitch kicked cancer's butt". Just sayin' LOL After I got home I called to let her know I made it home and she told me that they had to roll her around to change the pad under her because it had some blood on it and that hurt like hell so I'm sure she was pushing her new little friend. Her DH, she said, was going to stay the night with her. It is 2:15 am and I just talk to her nurse, she is sleeping and her pain is under control. She got to have some clear liquids earlier so one of the first things she asked for was ... COFFEE. Then had her DH go down and get her REAL COFFEE. Gotta Love Her.

Thank you all so much for the prayers. Please continue to send them up for a quick and speedy recovery and for continue strength for her family.

Love you all,
Rhonda (Marilyn's sis for those who don't know)

Andrea F
July 27th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Glad to hear this. Thanks for letting us know.

HandsOffItsMine
July 27th, 2013, 06:41 AM
(((Rhonda))), I know that you had to be beat after that long day at the hospital and ride home. :)

Glad to hear my sis is feisty and demanding some Real Coffee (drinking my second cup that Donny just brought) and has that new friend handy! You need that button right next to you after a surgery like that, oh my!!

Tell her about all the love, best wishes, prayers that the gals are sending. The Schmer and Stegers send hugs and kisses, gentle hugs! Give yourself one as you are her caretaker along with DH and DD. :)

Huggers, Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Zander, Oliver and Miss Penny

Blondie
July 27th, 2013, 06:55 AM
That's my girl . . . only real coffee will do and ain't no hospital I've ever been in that has real coffee.
Rhonda, I am thrilled. Tell your mean old sissie that we love her and haven't stopped praying.
Blessings to you
Blondie

Evilynn
July 27th, 2013, 06:57 AM
That's great news!!!! I am so glad that it seems as if it went well. I have been thinking about Marilyn a lot lately. I am a bit amazed that she feels well enough to demand some coffee but well I think that's also good news! Please tell her that we all think a lot about her and are sending positive thoughts :)

Hugs,

Steffie

Loonwatcher
July 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Ruby, thanks so much for the update. I really appreciate it.

Marilyn, God bless you. So glad they got it all. Praying the everything from here forward goes smoothly and quick. Feel better soon.

Hugs to you all,

rebeccas-sewing
July 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
This is such wonderful news. Thanks for keeping us abreast of the situation. So glad they caught it when they did.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Rhonda, thanks so much for giving us your update. I'm glad she is chipper and asking for coffee. Hope things go moothly for her recovery. She has so many problems with medications, hope none of this stuff messes around with her. Give her a hug and a kiss from me when you see her.

ilive2craft2
July 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Rhonda, thanks for the update - you all have to be exhausted! Know that you and all of her caregivers are also in my prayers. Glad to hear she is wanting coffee - that is a wonderful sign, even if she doesn't drink much of it, just having the desire for coffee at this point is wonderful!!! Those pain pumps are a blessing, they do make you realize how long 5 minutes (or whatever the interval is) can be..... Get some rest - you need to take care of yourself in order to take care of Marilyn. Hugs and prayers to all.

sewbizzy
July 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Sending prayers for Marilyn and her family! what wonderful news!

Lindagie
July 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Great news; continued prayers for her full recovery.

SuzyQue
July 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Praises for wonderful news! Continued prayers for a speedy recovery!

aqua-teal71
July 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM
thank you for the update, prayers for her for swift uncomplicated healing

Rhonda D. Matzker
July 27th, 2013, 02:07 PM
If it was possible for her to have a coffee iv, she would. Marilyn LOVES her coffee and I'm sure that was one of the first things she ordered when they told her she could have something. LOL

Madeforyouinma11
July 27th, 2013, 02:53 PM
So happy she's feeling ok for what she went through. I know how she feels about the coffee..when I was in the hospital after surgery when my lung collapsed, I had two tubes, couldn't move much, but wanted my coffee. There was a blizzard and hubby still delivered! It's the little things that make us feel so much better after going through so much. Send her our love and let her know we are still praying for her. ((( many hugs)))