PDA

View Full Version : Whitney update

SuzyQue
July 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM
The feeding tube didn't work for Whitnee and had to be taken out after less than 2 days. She is still on the pic line and at this time, they are preparing her to go home. She still has the horrific pains in her gut that double her over and morphine won't dull. She still can not eat nor drink a thing by mouth. She is sad and discouraged and confused. The doctors and her family are at a loss at what to do next and how to get there. After 3 surgeries in 2 weeks, we are still not better. Please pray for wisdom, peace, a comfortable time to heal at home, answers to the many questions, a complete release from the pains, NO infections on the pic line, and mostly a miracle. This lovely young lady has done everything they have asked and has been a wonderful testimony for Christ. She needs a miracle!

RFREE
July 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
So sorry this young lady is still in so much pain. I am keeping her in my thoughts and daily prayers. Maybe they could get a second opinion if they haven't already? Children should not have to suffer.

Madeforyouinma11
July 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I'm so sorry that they can't figure it out and she is in so much pain. It's terrible for anyone, for a child it's heartbreaking. Maybe it is time for a second opinion, even if it means going miles away to get it. I will keep her in my prayers.

rebeccas-sewing
July 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM
This is a very sad situation. I also feel that she should get a second and maybe a third opinion. Poor dear. It is so unfortunate for anyone to have pain that isn't managed, but for a child it just seems so unjust.

Lisapc
July 26th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I think it is horrifying that they are willing to release her without helping her. I am praying for her and the family.

alliek
July 26th, 2013, 12:57 PM
So sorry for this child, Prayers continuing.

cyndiofthevortex
July 26th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Prayers to Jesus for peace and healing. Our God is a God of miracles and of answered prayer.

Kaytessa
July 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
The feeding tube didn't work for Whitnee and had to be taken out after less than 2 days. She is still on the pic line and at this time, they are preparing her to go home. She still has the horrific pains in her gut that double her over and morphine won't dull. She still can not eat nor drink a thing by mouth. She is sad and discouraged and confused. The doctors and her family are at a loss at what to do next and how to get there. After 3 surgeries in 2 weeks, we are still not better. Please pray for wisdom, peace, a comfortable time to heal at home, answers to the many questions, a complete release from the pains, NO infections on the pic line, and mostly a miracle. This lovely young lady has done everything they have asked and has been a wonderful testimony for Christ. She needs a miracle!

Praying that God provides everything needed in this post and more. We give him the glory.

Sew Perfect
July 26th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Praying for a miracle.

HandsOffItsMine
July 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
My continued prayers for Whitney and that a second opinion can shed light to her problems. Healing light to come her way...

Huggers, Ruby

pcbatiks
July 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'm so sorry that they can't figure it out and she is in so much pain. It's terrible for anyone, for a child it's heartbreaking. Maybe it is time for a second opinion, even if it means going miles away to get it. I will keep her in my prayers.

I was thinking the same thing..........maybe time for a 2nd opinion. Prayers to her and her family.

Evilynn
July 26th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I also think they should be getting a 2nd opinion. Someone surely must be able to help the poor child! I will keep that young lady in my thoughts!

Sandy Navas
July 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Continued prayers - just for Whitnee, her family, friends, and physicians.

janluna
July 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Praying for Whitnee and for her family. God Bless!

kensington
July 26th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Yes, asking God to intervene and touch her with His healing hand. To send peace and comfort to her. May He cause her body to function in the way it was created to function from the top of her head to the bottom of her toes.

SuzyQue
July 26th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Thank you for your continued prayers. Whitnee has had lots of doctors and numerous opinions, but all have been confounded as to how to move forward from here. This is not a family that will stop without tending to her needs and her pain, but feel like they have done all they can at this facility. They were hoping that the doctors they are seeing and have seen will step up with referrals for future consultations, but at this time they haven't humbled themselves to admitting their defeat and short comings. The family will help Whitnee heal prior to future tests, pray, and search for more help. I am sorry that I didn't make this clear before, but Whitnee will get help.......just how long that will take is still a question mark.

janluna
July 26th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Are there any "children's hospitals" around you?

ilive2craft2
July 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I am with Jan - it sounds like one of the Children's hospitals might be the best next step. Continuing to keep Whitney, her family, friends and medical staff in my prayers.

Miss Sheri
July 26th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I am praying for Miracles and for Kind Heavenly Father's wisdom and grace to attend, comfort and heal.

SuzyQue
July 26th, 2013, 09:10 PM
She is in a children's hospital.....that is who is dismissing her! Sad! So sad!

mom4him
July 26th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Still praying and believing with you and her/her family for that miracle.

BellasQuilts
July 26th, 2013, 10:32 PM
How old is Whitnee? Yes second opinion is in order for sure.

SuzyQue
July 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Whitnee is 15. Her father and the doctors are having great discussions now. Thanks for your prayers. The newest plan is for Whitnee to go home for 2 weeks to heal, then return here for more tests and more discussion on the path ahead. The family is researching everything they can and will leave no stone unturned. Prayers for mom will be much appreciated as she takes on the responsibility for the pic line and tries to negotiate one child who can't eat/drink with 2 boys that do nothing else! The sugar free gum that Whitnee was so enjoying has been causing issues.....just saliva in the stomach, but that is too much for her to handle. Thank the Lord for a father that has learned to apply fingernail polish to keep his daughter's thoughts elsewhere. What an amazing family this is! Thank you so much for your prayers for all of them!