PDA

View Full Version : Thursday all ready?

MayinJerset
July 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM
What? Can't believe the week is more than half over!

Had a lovely time yesterday afternoon at the Tea DGD Catherine took her Mom and I to in a hotel in Princeton. It was great. Hotel is in a park like setting, service was excellent and food was delicious scones, sandwiches and sweets all served with individual pots of teas of our choosing. Even had a glass of champagne! I could get used to something like that every afternoon, especially if someone else made it.

Looking forward to DGGS Jack's 2nd Bday party on Sunday. Will also get to see his baby brother, our other DGGS George who is just about 2 1/2 months old now.

Everyone up and at them, May

Monique
July 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM
You and both posted at the same time. LOL!! Have a great day.

Sandy Navas
July 25th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Like minds think alike.

quiltingtrish
July 25th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Glad to hear you had a great Tea with your family members May.
I just had a friend ask me if I wanted to go to one with her. I will, but only if I drive. I rode with her once and she scared me! She is in her 80's (not that that is a reason for someone not to drive) but even her daughter told me never to ride with her again.
Anyhoo - glad you had a great time.

Hugs,

Lisapc
July 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
May that sounds like heaven. The treats and the grandchildren!

toggpine
July 25th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I am envious! Did you all wear fabulous hats? I think I'd have to try to find one, just because. Enjoy the grands!

MayinJerset
July 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM
I am envious! Did you all wear fabulous hats? I think I'd have to try to find one, just because. Enjoy the grands!

No we didn't.

Did do that many years ago with several DGD's, that tea room had trunks of hats, scarfs and gloves for us to choose from. Grand girls were young then so it was a fun dress up tea. Granddaughter who treated the tea yesterday is 31 so she is a bit past the dress up stage. Tea room was filled with groups of well dressed woman but not a hat or glove in sight.

Trish, I don't let an old friend drive either. She just decides where she wants to go and goes there, no looking beforehand at the traffic.

toggpine
July 26th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Oh dear, I'm beyond that age. I still think dressing up would be fun. Classy like, not clownish or mocking. I guess that shows who's the grown-up around here!

Sadly, I don't wear hats well, nor do we have a tea room handy. I'll just have to imagine.