PDA

View Full Version : Sunday and I don't care if it is raining

Blondie
March 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/Euler5853/Good%20Morning/2mGoodMorningFlirtyValentinegl.gif

I woke up without the "I am still not well" headache and feeling in my body. I actually feel about as normal as I think I am supposed to feel. Oh, thank you Lord!
Thanks to my friends who have kept me in thought and prayer! YAY
Now to sip my coffee and see how Lucious Larry is feeling this morning. He was up before me.

How is everyone else? Lin, are you still kicking? I think I may even sew today! Oh Hallelujah!

Monique
March 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Good morning Blondie,

I now have the sinus headache. I can't stand this headache. I once went 9 days with it until I caved in and went to Emerg. Sometimes self medicating just doesn't cut it.

Yesterday I was drafted to curl in The Heart and Stroke bonspiel in our little town. I did not too bad for my first time. Might just be a new sport to take up next winter. Had the time of my life and the people I curled with were good teachers and good sports. Invited me back.

Not sure what today will bring. With this headache, I don't feel like doing much of anything. The weather here the last couple of days has been terrible. Snow, rain, then back to snow. Oh well a day of rest perhaps!!

Have a wonderful day everyone,

Monique

LynneLeavell
March 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Good Morning Blondie, Glad you're feeling better. It is still raining here. They say it's suppose to start clearing up today. I was hoping to get some sewing done and I still may. I have my precious Grandsons today while my daughter and her boyfriend move.

Happy Sunday and Happy Quilting everyone.

Lynne

Onetiredmomma
March 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Oh, Monique, curling? That is my favorite winter Olympic sport to watch on tv, and I've always wanted to try it. It sounds so much fun!

Blondie, thanks for thinking of me! The twins have lost their fever and now just have the stuffy noses. My oldest who had a 103.4 fever two nights ago has been still hovering around 101 and is currently sleeping in between me and hubs. I'm typing on my iPhone and I have a pair of feet in my face:) we obviously aren't going to church today, and I hate missing, but we cant go with everyone feeling so rotten. I feel pretty good in the mornings and then by 3 or so I am dragging and get all stuffy again. Hopefully, today we'll lose all the fevers and start to all feel better. Thanks for praying everyone.

Have a blessed day!

Lola2Ace
March 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Good Morning! Blondie, glad to hear you are feeling so much better, and prayers continue for your Mom's surgery this week. Lin, glad to hear your family is making at least little steps to feeling better. Monique, I hope your sinus headache gets better quickly, I keep
sinus headache pills in the cabinet all the time because they are so miserable. Lynne, a day with your DGS sounds marvelous. I don't have a ton planned for today, just hoping to sew,sew,sew and I need to iron work clothes fresh from the washer and dryer.
Chicken is thawing for homemade chow mein for dinner.
Wishing everybody a great day!

lhayes1976
March 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM
C urling--never knew about the sport until the last winter Olympics--found myself watching it everynight it was on. Looks like a lot of fun.

Shirley
March 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Blondie, Glad to hear you are back on track and feeling normal!!!! How's your Mom?

Patrice
March 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM
hope all is feeling better. I got to spend the day yesterday at the North Atlanta Wood working show. Hubby had fun. I can't wait for him to return the favor on the next quilt show that comes to town

llm161
March 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Rain, rain go away. Naw, it will be a nice day for sewing. I just have to wait for my hubby to wake up. He just got home from work at 6:30 am and I try not to make any noise upstairs.

sally
March 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Good morning! Blondie glad you are on the mend and hope this coming week goes well for you and your family. Lin glad to hear the twins fever broke. Always a worry. Monique hope you feel better soon as well. Speaking of curling me and the dh are off to do another canadian sport this afternoon...ice fishing. Heading up to the mountians this afternoon and hopefully we will have trout for supper! Have a blessed day everyone!

patticakes
March 6th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Good Sunday morning to every one!
BF just left for the car show, sun just peeked out and is shining and I just found out I am bought too little material for my son's quilt backing! Arggg!! It is solid brown and I found some other brown on hand but you know browns, just alittle too reddish to match. Oh well, another trip to the fabric store in my future, but not today cuz he took the car and won't be back until tonight. Good thing I bought some other fabric for borders and backing (if I have enough!) for some other cute UFO quilt blocks I have. Plus I want to cut out some tumbler blocks with the Natalie Tumbler Ruler and two packs of Baby Geniuses. Gonna make that for a friend's son's 2 year birthday this summer.
We quilters are never at a loss to keep going and be creative, right? What is everyone else working on today?

shell.scraps
March 6th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Good afternoon LOL...it's raining here too...

Ever have those days where you feel like you can't catch up no matter what? That has been my last two weeks...blah. But I have no choice but to catch up now since we are leaving on friday on our first real family vacation in 15 years!! we have decided to take the kids to disney but we aren't telling them we are going. This week I have to catch up on my sewing and also get everyone packed up and ready to hit the road on friday afternoon.

Well I'm going to hit the sewing room for a few hours....have a great sunday!

janluna
March 6th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Hello everyone. We are in the midst of a snow storm. According to the weatherman it's with us till 1 A.M. So far we have 4" on the ground. It's a sleepy day and I actually went back to bed at 6 this morning slept till 7:30, drank coffee, went back to bed and slept until NOON! I hate to admit it but it felt so good! I now have some energy so I will be sewing charms together for my charm quilt.
Blondie I'm so glad you are feeling better. I'll be praying for everyone who doesn't feel so good.
And for those of you who are having surgery this week.
I'll be lurking for a while and then off to sew. Love you all, Jan L

toggpine
March 6th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Hey there!
We are having another day of sun and clouds here. I got everybody's hooves trimmed yesterday, and some weeding done in the 'orchard' flower bed. Somewhere along the way I got a hitch in my get-a-long. I'm moving better today, but will take it easy. I won't be out weeding anymore of the gardens today.
I made it to the library and the fabric store. I found some fabrics for finishing off the Objects of Desire honey bun quilt. I can't seem to find any of that fabric around here anymore. So, I'll just go with it. I also found some zebra print for the block swap.
I'll be working on the wedding quilt some more today. I forget how much ironing there is on the bigger quilts. At least I can watch a TV program while pressing the seams!
You all have a good day & take care!
Cathy

quiltingtrish
March 6th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone! It's raining here with some snow coming tonight - thought we were over that. Well, anyways, with the rain this morning and 50 out, the robins were singing away to their hearts content. Love that sound.
The sewing has gone by the wayside but today I'm getting my hands in it. Won't go to Dad's tonight - not with the snow coming. Will have to choose another night to see him. Kind of breaks up the week for him anyway.
Hope you all get over those sniffles stuffing up the 'snot lockers' and get that flu out of your systems soon. It's been going around the school and I'm surprised I didn't catch anything yet.
Well, hope the sun comes out soon - so many areas with the rains and snows - good day to stay inside of we all can.
Hugs,

Monique
March 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Sally hope you caught lots of fish. If any of you ever get a chance to try curling, go for it. It was so much fun.

Monique

middlesis1966
March 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi All! I made it to the Birthday Bash. It was so much fun. The food was awesome. This treatment didnt ruin the ole tastebuds so I was able to enjoy all the yummy foods. I also loaded a plate full of yummy cakes samples to enjoy later.
Its good to see you on the mend Blondie.
I know my mom doesnt get on here but thats ok, cause I just want to brag on her anyway. Im so very lucky to have a mom like her. She has been there for me ever since I found out I had breast cancer. She takes it hard but puts on her game face and takes me to my all my doc appts. She also takes me to my chemo treatments. Im so very lucky she is doing this. Thanks MOM I love you!!!!

ginampls
March 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM
hi gang.. i am doing still have bad cold but... just checking in....... the apt would BE THE BEST... for abbey and myself...oooo will give details later.... very clean!!!! and i want it!!!

debinmalaga
March 6th, 2011, 11:15 PM
We quilters are never at a loss to keep going and be creative, right? What is everyone else working on today?

I pulled out a UFO, a runner with wacky proportions. I'm going to quilt it and see if it's giftworthy for a co-worker's birthday. I have to make sure I do some test quilting every time I start my machine for the first time each day. I'd love to have something come out loopless!

sewmuchjan
March 7th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Well ladies and gents it has been fun but now I must go and get things ready for MONDAY to go back to WORK (a four letter word at times) I would much rather stay with all of you. :D But I owe I owe so it off to work I go!!! :D I am lucky to have a job in this economy so I will not complain too loudly. :icon_happy:
But I will return on Thursday to be with you all, and maybe get more sewing done then than I did this time. :o So everyone have a safe, warm, and healthier week. :)
Did anyone get the mystery daily deal? I did, so I will be looking to see what it is??? :D
I also got a jelly roll or the other smaller roll. Really pushed that one with my budget! :o
But it is covered and I will just have too scrimp this week. I haven't bought anything for a very long time.:( Oh well all things work out and I have been really good. :icon_happy:
Take care my friends and God Bless you all. Good night.
Love and Prayers;
Jan G. :icon_wave::icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
March 7th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I pulled out a UFO, a runner with wacky proportions. I'm going to quilt it and see if it's giftworthy for a co-worker's birthday. I have to make sure I do some test quilting every time I start my machine for the first time each day. I'd love to have something come out loopless!

Deb, I'm concerned about your loops. Do you always have loops? What machine are you using? Did you 'drop' it? You really shouldn't have loops all the time . . . wish I could fine tune it for you!!!!!