PDA

View Full Version : Remember when we did a quilt for Heaven Cobler? She has Leukemia.

ILove2quilt
July 21st, 2013, 05:02 PM
I'm asking my quilting friends for a little help. Heaven is still in the hospital and has been there for 7 months.

Here is some information on her,

She was diagnosed with an adult form of leukemia, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, on Nov. 25, 2011.
She was given four intense rounds of chemotherapy (“equaling close to 100 individual rounds,” her mother said). The cancer went into remission in January 2012, and in May 2012 Heaven was discharged from treatments.
The family did not have long to count its blessings. On Nov. 29, 2012, an oncology doctor gave the news that the cancer had relapsed.

She will be in the hospital on her Birthday next Saturday so I'm asking if anyone would like to send her a card to make her day go better. She will be 14.
Her mom is Angela C. on here.
Here is her information,

Heaven Cobler
215 Tommy Carter Road
Axton VA 24054

This is her home address her dad said he will take any cards to the hospital with him on her Birthday.

Thank you all.

PS. I hope it's ok to do this here.

MayinJerset
July 21st, 2013, 05:11 PM
Oh, that's not such good news. Hope the new treatments kill the damm cancer off. Will send her a card ASAP.

Lisapc
July 21st, 2013, 05:18 PM
I will send a card. That poor child, she is now on my prayer list.

HandsOffItsMine
July 21st, 2013, 05:18 PM
I will get a card and small care package in the mail on Monday. Too many children can getting caught up by the Big C, it's heart breaking.

Prayers and healing light heading to Heaven and her family.

Ruby and Don

janluna
July 21st, 2013, 05:47 PM
When her Mom told me what her ANC level was, I started praying harder. This poor child has been through Heck.
Prayers for Healing are on going. Love, Hugs, and Prayers Heaven. Jan L.

kensington
July 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM
I'll send one!~ PRAYING.

EsGrandma
July 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Getting a card right now and praying for her and her family.

ILove2quilt
July 21st, 2013, 06:35 PM
OH my goodness you all have me crying. Thank you so much I know she will love this. She is a great girl I love her and she's not even mine. I have been on the phone so many times with her mom crying so hard I couldn't understand what she was saying. All I could say was don't let that devil get his way. He is not getting his way God is there for her.

Thank you all again so much.

Wwena
July 21st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Sending her a card. I hope it gets there in time for her birthday! I sure hope she pulls through!

Grandma G
July 21st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Truly sad for Heaven and her family. Will get a card in the mail tomorrow. Special prayers for her and her family.

Miss Sheri
July 21st, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm in too! For prayers and a card.

maria
July 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM
Me too. Any 14 year old who is sick and in a hospital instead of enjoying this summer deserves all the cheering up she can get. She will get a card and my prayers.

WVGranny
July 21st, 2013, 09:50 PM
Sending her a card , may God be with her

Sandy Navas
July 22nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the update. I have been remiss in keeping in touch with Angela and had hoped that no news was good news. Alas, that is not always the way. I pray that Heaven will be healed. Her family's faith is so strong - we just need to support them. Sending a card!

auntiemern
July 22nd, 2013, 01:20 AM
Will get a card in the mail as soon as possible. Praying for another remission, or healing.

Blondie
July 22nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Hi there
I am ashamed to say that the past several months I have been caught up in my own little world with Mom. When my computer crashed back a few months ago, I lost all my info - addies, phone numbers, etc. I have continued to pray for Heaven as well as Angela. My sister and her hubs (who have met them all) have continued to pray for them in particular daily. My brother in law calls out each of their names in prayer and it truly blesses me, so I know that it is blessing them. I had been hoping for better news.

Ladies, Angela (Heaven's mom) is a marvel of grace in action. I hope everyone who reads this will send a flood of cards and prayers. This family is precious, has been walking through the fire and flood of life's battles and still maintain a walk of love.

RFREE
July 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you for the update. Prayers continue for this young ladies recovery. Card will be in the mail today.Thank you.

pcbatiks
July 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Count me in too........I'll send a card and will be praying. Such a long hard battle for this family.

kensington
July 22nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
I'm headed out to drop my card in the mail, on my way to do errands.

ILove2quilt
July 24th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thank you all again. I knew if I could count on anyone it would be you all. God is working for Heaven and she may get to go to the Ronald McDonald house on her Birthday. What a great day that will be for her. She will not be looking at the same 4 wall. I have something to add from Angela's Facebook wall. I will post it on here as soon as I find it. Thanks again.

ILove2quilt
July 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
This is from Angela,

Update on Heaven Nicole.....I would just like to take a moment and let everyone know just how much I love my Jesus. He has been so good to us. He has brought our daughter through some of the darkest valleys, He has kept His loving hand upon her, He has protected her, He never left her. I love my Jesus for all He has done, we definitely have so much to thank Him for.
Heaven was started on Mesynchymal (Mez-n-ky-mal) Stem Cells to help with the grafts vs. host that showed up in her GI Tract. She has responded well to them and the Dr.s will be weaning her off the steroids in the coming days and weeks. Most all her meds have been changed over to oral. Her appetite has picked up and she is able to keep all her foods down, her digestion is working well, no nausea, she is drinking lots of fluids to stay hydrated, and the Dr.s are very pleased with her progress. We have been going on daily passes and all is going great. They are so pleased that we are "Lord willing" going to be getting discharged to the Ronald McDonald house on Thursday.
Thursday will be 188 days that we showed up down here at Duke and e certainly didn't think. Would have been here this long, but praises be to God that Heaven is healthy and is doing so good after all she has been through.
Now, I would like to thank everyone that has hung in there with us, for all the calls, cards, encouragement, prayers, for letting us borrow your shoulders when needed, for allowing us to vent, just for being there when you re needed. Thank you all so much. Please continue to pray as once we get to the RMH we will have about another 2 months or so before being discharged to go home to VA. But in the meantime we will be allowed to have weekend passes to visit home, that will be great.
So, please continue to pray for Heaven that she will continually stay healthy and that she will live long and be A blessing to many others as she has a wonderful testimony as to how much Jesus loves her.
Blessings to you all.....

ILove2quilt
July 25th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Received this from Angela on FaceBook.

Update on Heaven Nicole.....188 days, 3 seasons ( winter, spring, summer) later...glory be to God in the Highest, thank you Jesus!!! In just over a few hours from now we will be discharged to the RMH where we will be for a couple more months. Wow, it is exciting and yet a little scary all at the same time. Thank you all for you prayers, please keep them coming, and literally for everything.
Now, gotta go finish packing the truck...love you all bunches

If anyone else wants to send a card here is where to send it. Ronald McDonald House, 506 Alexander Ave
Durham, NC 27705

MayinJerset
July 25th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for sharing the Good News!

mommadeb
December 8th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'm scared to ask, but are there any updates on her?

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I'm scared to ask, but are there any updates on her?

Deb, Blondie keeps in touch with Angela - last I talked to her about Heaven she was having some serious issues and was in a hospital somewhere in south NC - I'll see if I can locate their website. I haven't seen Angela on here for quite some time but I don't think Heaven is doing well at all.

BRB.

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2013, 07:23 PM
What I've found:

http://thecoblerscorner.blogspot.com/ (http://courier-tribune.com/calendar/heavens-day-ride-cure.html)
http://courier-tribune.com/calendar/heavens-day-ride-cure.html
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/5m33/heaven-s-leukemia-fund-

mommadeb
December 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks Sandy.

Blondie
December 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I had an email from Angela a few months back. With all the hulabaloo with my Mom's health and other life issues, I was kind of lost about where Heaven was at. Angela filled me in and as Sandy posted, it would be good to check in on the blogs. I didn't do that for a while, although my entire family prays for Heaven and the rest of the family each day. They are a wonderful family, full of faith, a real testimony for any and all.
It would be a nice gesture to send a card to them this season at

Wayne and Angela Cobler
215 Tommy Carter Road
Axton, Va. 24054