PDA

View Full Version : I have a zoo!!!

Karena1984
July 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM
If my five pets weren't enough I'm now getting a foster dog for who knows how long!!! My dads girlfriend is going to Georgia to care for her sister who is in stage four cancer. She has three little dogs that she can't take. Somehow I volenteered to keep the little chiweenie dog!! Ugh please keep your fingeres crossed that my two big dogs don't eat him and he doesn't pee on my floor! I could have him for a few weeks or a year!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Doloris
July 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Last Thanksgiving I had my 3 small dogs and DS and GF brought their 3 BIG dogs. Other DS was here too. 5 people, 6 dogs. We made it and nobody got bit or eaten. Was only for a few days though. Good luck.

Karena1984
July 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Last Thanksgiving I had my 3 small dogs and DS and GF brought their 3 BIG dogs. Other DS was here too. 5 people, 6 dogs. We made it and nobody got bit or eaten. Was only for a few days though. Good luck.

So far the poor thing has been here an hour and has cried non stop! And my daughters yorkie pooped on my floor!!! Ugh now I must go scrub carpets and maybe hide in my bedroom haha

Lisapc
July 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM
With my 2 Alaskan Malamutes I hate to do it but I am the one who doesn't let people bring over their pets to visit. What you are doing is a wonderful thing and I am sure after a period of adjustment it will work out great. You may not even want to give this doggy back.

dwil23
July 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM
Besides our own menagerie, we foster rescue dogs. It is amazing how well they all get along - we have only had two "altercations" in four years and we have literally had more than a hundred foster dogs through here for a few days or several months. Most dogs get along with each other very well. As for the floors, well that's another matter! Hard floors and a Hoover floor mate are our best friends.

p.s. I have a chi and my daughter has weenies.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 21st, 2013, 03:06 PM
I am hosting my daughter's big dogs, a lab/ hound mix ( 70+ pounds), and a female boxer (60+ pounds) for several months. There still is tension and barking with the dogs and resident cat, but things are surprisingly quiet most of the time. I am pleasantly srprised and the dogs are basically very sweet. Quite a change for this cat lover to enjoy the dogs.

Karena1984
July 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM

The foster max!! Actually Mr. Max haha

Sandy Navas
July 22nd, 2013, 12:40 AM
I am chuckling over the names given to cross-breed dogs - chee-weinies . . .