PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday Gals, rise and shine

MayinJerset
July 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Most of you most likely have risen and are shinning already with weekend plans. DH and I have a free weekend and are doing stuff around the house that we have put off too long and just taking it easy the rest of the time.

Wanted to add a little something to my post but seemed to chosen ones that have nothing to do with anything and I can't seem to deleted them.

Mom23
July 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
Good Morning All! Company was here for the night but they are gone already this morning. I don't have a single thing planned for the day, let's hope it stays that way!! Right now my plan is to take a nap. My sister in law and I stayed up a little too late last night chatting.

auntiemern
July 21st, 2013, 12:27 PM
Ok I'm up. Gonna work on Gabes quilt today. Nothing else planned but taking it easy.

lilmouse
July 21st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Morning all; a nap sounds like a good idea...I was up late last night in the sewing room; completed one quilt (just needed a binding) and got all the squares into rows on another quilt and put pockets on a couple of summer robes for a good friend of mine.( the only person I would even attempt to do something like this for) and have plans to spend most of the day in there again today.....also think I might be coming down with either a cold or allergies...not sure yet which it is.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Iris Girl
July 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM
Good morning all. I have today off and its sunny and nice not to humid..what a relief! Food shopping out of the way, laundry on the line, dishes done. I just cut out the pieces for a cute runner and am about to cut out a stocking or 2 for the stocking group. Also need to work on a project my son handed to me. We play an online game called guild wars 2 and he wants to replicate his character... Ok will wing it (as authentic as possible Mom) yeah ok well he gets to help since he is no child and this is to be life size..good thing life size is about 2.5 feet. so we have the armature to correct size (thats what makes it bend) next to fabricate a body working with a stuffed doll pattern and winging...(thank you Mom for giving me that talent). So ladies if you think your young kids ask the impossible...wait till they are in their 20's and still think you can do anything!. Making stromboli for dinner so the dough is in the bread machine being made. thats it for now off to the sewing machine.

Doloris
July 21st, 2013, 01:01 PM
Good morning all.Also need to work on a project my son handed to me. We play an online game called guild wars 2 and he wants to replicate his character... Ok will wing it (as authentic as possible Mom) yeah ok well he gets to help since he is no child and this is to be life size..good thing life size is about 2.5 feet. so we have the armature to correct size (thats what makes it bend) next to fabricate a body working with a stuffed doll pattern and winging...(thank you Mom for giving me that talent). So ladies if you think your young kids ask the impossible...wait till they are in their 20's and still think you can do anything!. .

makes putting a zipper fly in a one piece costume sound like a piece of cake. LOL and mine is 36 yrs old.

Lisapc
July 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Good morning, early afternoon really.

I finished my son's Minecraft Creeper quilt last night and then hubby kept me up late. It was his birthday and although we didn't do more than presents, Whoopie pies and an icecream cake he was as excited as a little kid. Watch a movie with me, sit with, are you still sewing? He turned 51 and was acting like a love sick teen boy. So I slept late and will cut the charms for my Falling charms quilt. I might start putting it together but am not really sure.

The weather has finally broke and is about 80 degrees with little humidity so I might go in the pool later but nothing too strenuous. Just fun with hubby, son and the dogs today. Sundays are good.

Prayers and happy thoughts to all.

Lindagie
July 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
The pup and I were up really early when it was nice outside; it is supposed to storm today, but I hope it doesn't. Maybe a little shower later on would make the farmers happy though. Today we will either go to a little hummingbird festival that is nearby at a state park; OR if we don't go, then I will just try to finish some UFOs today. Lord knows I have many to choose from!

cyndiofthevortex
July 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
May, I love your Iron Man cartoon! That's too funny!

Ever since my son and his lovely wife moved into an old farmhouse two years ago they've been putting in new gardens. We're off today to admire them! It's a perfect day to be outside so we might head up to the lake afterwards for a swim.

Iris Girl
July 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
makes putting a zipper fly in a one piece costume sound like a piece of cake. LOL and mine is 36 yrs old. what we do for our *children* no matter the age this one is 25

toggpine
July 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Howdy everyone!
Yesterday, I got the inside stuff whipped into shape (breakfast dishes, milking equipment, laundry, etc.) and headed outside. Hubby constructed the blueberry protection system while I weeded the veggie garden. I still have to knock out the grass down one of the foot paths, but it's pretty well established and was going to take more umph that I had to give at the end of the day.
We got the raspberries all tied up and need to add the top wire. We have a plan for espaliering the multi-variety apple tree. It wants to send branches over the fence into the old goat pasture.
I "rescued" an old wooden chair from a "to the dump" pile of junk a friend had. I figured that if we couldn't fix it, that we'd put it on the bonfire in the fall. As of now, it is all wood-glued and clamped together. We'll undo the clamps and see if it holds together. Hubby says it's oak. The wood has been pretty abused and is dried out. We'll give it a good sanding and see if it's worth staining or if a coat of paint will be the best. We prefer to see the real wood, but if it's too checked, we'll have to fill some of the splits, and that doesn't bode well for staining.
I had better get going so I can get whacking at the "To Do" list for the day!

Hugs and happy thoughts for all of my quilty friends!
Cathy