O-bedient &
R-eady for a
N-ew day with Him.
I-nspire others please, and
N-ever forget
G-od loves you!

Onetiredmomma
March 5th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm up for work, and I'm hoping the kids wake up healthier so that my husband who will be in charge will have an easier day. I'm sleepy, but I still have to go feed those horses before lessons start. Have a blessed day everyone!

Sandy Navas
March 5th, 2011, 10:31 AM
When I first logged on this morning I really thought I was going to beat Blondie with the first Saturday post. Then I stopped to catch up on overnight happenings and she got to it first. She's our Early Bird!!!

I've had a couple lazy days and hopefully will be able to get my fanny in gear and accomplish something today. The sun is out and I need that to light my fire. Yesterday was dark and dreary and even more drearier because I had nothing but computer problems all day long! Hate these things - they suck you in like a whirlpool and you can't climb out . . .

I hope everyone has a bright, sunny, wonderful day filled with love and comforts. May all your problems grow wings and fly away.

Quiltingtrish, I'm reminded of something our daughter gave to me 'after' we had so much trouble with her teenage years. It was a framed saying that reads: "There are only two lasting things we can give our children. One is roots, the other wings." God will guide you!!!!!

janluna
March 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Good Morning everyone! Blondie as usual your opening is beautiful. It's cold and rainy here today. It has been that way since yesterday. Spring is coming though, my crocus are showing their little selves already. I was so surprised to see them pushing through. I'm hoping for it to clear up by this afternoon.
Thank you Sandy for my hugs.
Trish, we are all with you. Love you darlin.
Well ladies, I'm off to change loads from washer to dryer. Have a great day. I'll probably be on most of the day. Love to all, Jan

middlesis1966
March 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Morning all. Its good to see everyone this am. Im doing fantastic after this last treatment. Yahoo!!!! All I wanted to do was go to the Birthday Bash at church Sunday. I hope this feel good stays with me. Thats my favorite potluck we have and I dont wanna miss it. I cant wait for it. Its so neat to see all the beautiful tables and the food. Oh the food. I wont be able to eat much but I will be very choose at what I get.
Well I'm off to do some laundry and take it easy! Have a fun filled day all!!!

janluna
March 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hey Paula, I'm so glad you are feeling zippy! lol I'm doing laundry too. Isn't nice to do your laundry together via technology? Makes for a lighter wash day. Save some cake for me. Although I prefer birthday pie! lol Hugs, Jan L

debinmalaga
March 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Good morning everyone! Always a treat to see how Blondie has started our day and catch up on the postings from the night before. I have to work, but I have the world's easiest job (I work in a tiny branch of a tiny bank) so more boredom than stress until freedom at 2 o'clock. Paula, you go, welder-girl! I'm so glad you're feeling so good after your last treatment, and welding circles around the boyz :-).

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Lola2Ace
March 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Paula, so great to hear how chipper and great you are feeling, what an inspiration you are to all of us.
Blondie, thank you so much for getting our days off to such a great start. I love your Good Morning in more ways than 1.
Lin, sure hope your kiddos are much better today!
Deb, hoping your boredom is more manageable till freedom time, but NOT wishing you any stress in the process!
I just put pork chops in the crockpot for dinner-recipe is in the recipe section.
I am making this chore day, so tomorrow I can sew my little heart out. Going to give the dog and DH haircuts, DH has promised to run the vacuum afterwards while I scrub the kitchen and bathroom floors and clean the bathroom and I have a pile of mail to sort thru, but hopefully will get a tad bit of sewing in this evening too. There are flood warnings all over the place for us, so keeping an eye on the weather. Well, gotta get back in gear. Have a great day everybody.
Lola

patticakes
March 5th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hola Quilty Peeps!
Finally have a few minutes to read and post!
Thanks for the nice welcome Blondie, hope you and Larry are feeling better!
Sandy - glad you got to enjoy a couple lazy days!
Paula - a big YAHOO to you from me for feeling good after your treatment! Hope you enjoy the bash!
Jan - Your crocus' are a hopeful sign of spring. I think of them as little miracles especially after such a tough winter! I am also a laundry goddess today!
Deb - Hope your work day goes by quick. I worked for years in banking and know how the Saturday am's can go! Daydreaming of unborn quilts will help pass the time!
Momma Lin - Hope the kiddies are feeling better this morning!
Lola - Your pork chops sound great! I will be cleaning the rest of this morning driven by the same idea of having tomorrow to myself!

Well, off to finish my cleaning. I am roasting a chicken later for dinner, thinking of using the foil and crockpot technique. This will make for good leftovers tomorrow so I can have a quilty day. The BF is headed with his three son's into the big city for a car show and bbq at his fourth son's apartment. Total guy thing and I am happy at the thought of a complete sewing day!! I know I will check in later to see what is happening in your day cuz you quilty peeps mean so much to me!
Take care!

sally
March 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Morning gang. It is a beautiful day...Thank you Blondie. Trish my prayers are with you. We too had problems with our oldest daughter and through God's grace, patience and love we all survived and she is a beautiful young woman now. In fact it is her 25th birthday!
Paula I am sooo glad to hear you are feeling good...have fun tomorrow. Jan I am joining you in the laundry room...plan to hang things on the line today as the sun is shining. Sandy I can relate to the crazy days last week and it will get better. I am just going to put those bads days of last week into my "bad drawer" and slam it shut and start anew.

Love you ladies....God Bless and have a wonderful weekend!

sewsoft
March 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Good morning everyone. Just a quick pop in and back to lay down.

toggpine
March 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Morning All!
It looks like Laundry Day across the globe! I'm off to get mine started and then head out to trim some hooves. The sun is shining here too, at least for a little bit. So I'll take advantage of that for the next hour or so.
Then I plan a quick trip to the library, and possibly the fabric store. I have gift card that might be useful in purchasing some wild animal print for the swap.
I stopped in at the LQS near my mom's place yesterday to see what was available. I completely forgot that they were having the big sewing expo just down the road at the state fairgrounds this weekend. I must have blocked it out of my mind since I knew I couldn't afford to go. There are so many glorious fabric and things to buy and drool over. Oh my, it is a quilter's heaven, or hell if you don't have any $ to spend! The LQS was packed, and I had a 5 year old with me. Not the best shopping conditions! So I'll slip out to the J's closest to us and see what they have. There is another fabric store not too far from there, and I can check her place too. I don't want to agree to the swap unless I have the fabric.
Prayers for those needing healing of body and spirit.
Take care!
Cathy

bakermom
March 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
It's finally stopped raining but the wind is ridiculous! glad I don't have to go out today. I have a baby quilt I'm doing "big stitch" quilting on and started a hexagon quilt using the half-hex. from msqc. using up some more of my scraps. not even thinking supper yet but Lola's pork chops are sounding good. need to check what's in the freezer.

sewmuchjan
March 5th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Good Morning all. Yep it is laundry day all over the world.:icon_razz:

Trish my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Big hugs to you.
Paula glad to hear you are doing well and welding the boys to shame.
Blondie and Lin here is a big pot of virtual chicken soup to help fight the ugly bugs.
Jan thanks for the crocuses, don't have them here and miss them, so sweet and pretty.
For all the rest a good day of chores and then to the sewing room for lifting the blues, and finding peace.

Had a very nice 15th wedding anniversary, even if we could afford much DH and myself spent the evening remembering our wedding and all the fun we had. It was the best one ever. The simple things in life are the best. :icon_happy:

To all of you out there wishing you all the love and happiness your hearts can stand. :) Because that's all we need to get though the tough times and the good times. Friends and family and Gods Blessing for all.
Jan G. :icon_wave:

janluna
March 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Morning All!
It looks like Laundry Day across the globe! I'm off to get mine started and then head out to trim some hooves. The sun is shining here too, at least for a little bit. So I'll take advantage of that for the next hour or so.
Then I plan a quick trip to the library, and possibly the fabric store. I have gift card that might be useful in purchasing some wild animal print for the swap.
I stopped in at the LQS near my mom's place yesterday to see what was available. I completely forgot that they were having the big sewing expo just down the road at the state fairgrounds this weekend. I must have blocked it out of my mind since I knew I couldn't afford to go. There are so many glorious fabric and things to buy and drool over. Oh my, it is a quilter's heaven, or hell if you don't have any $ to spend! The LQS was packed, and I had a 5 year old with me. Not the best shopping conditions! So I'll slip out to the J's closest to us and see what they have. There is another fabric store not too far from there, and I can check her place too. I don't want to agree to the swap unless I have the fabric.
Prayers for those needing healing of body and spirit.
Take care!
Cathy

I feel like you do Cathy. You are very smart. If you can't finish say no, not ok, and then not find what you need or the time to finish. It's hard but it makes you so depressed if you let others down. Hugs, Jan L.

janluna
March 5th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Good Morning all. Yep it is laundry day all over the world.:icon_razz:

Trish my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Big hugs to you.
Paula glad to hear you are doing well and welding the boys to shame.
Blondie and Lin here is a big pot of virtual chicken soup to help fight the ugly bugs.
Jan thanks for the crocuses, don't have them here and miss them, so sweet and pretty.
For all the rest a good day of chores and then to the sewing room for lifting the blues, and finding peace.

Had a very nice 15th wedding anniversary, even if we could afford much DH and myself spent the evening remembering our wedding and all the fun we had. It was the best one ever. The simple things in life are the best. :icon_happy:

To all of you out there wishing you all the love and happiness your hearts can stand. :) Because that's all we need to get though the tough times and the good times. Friends and family and Gods Blessing for all.
Jan G. :icon_wave:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JAN!!!!! How many years? Congratulations sweetie. Hugs, Jan L

janluna
March 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Good morning everyone. Just a quick pop in and back to lay down.

Are you sick, Honey? I'm so sorry. Hope you get better quick. I'll say prayers for you. Hugs, Jan L

sewmuchjan
March 5th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Jan we have been married for 15 years. :icon_happy:
We have been together for 17 years. :icon_happy:
Thanks the other Jan :icon_wave:

Blondie
March 5th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Howdy Doody Ladies
Just getting in from work and a trip to the grocery store. Got dinner on. A real quick and easy chili but considering I haven't cooked in a week I am sure my Luscious will enjoy it. I am feeling almost frisky. This beast is behind me now! I am past ready for it to be ancient history. Lin, I sure hope you are on the mend with me. Hubs is feeling much better as well. Much to be thankful for.
SewmuchJan, happy happy anniversary to YOU and your darlin' Luscious and I celebrated our 15 year mark last October. Sure wish I'd had him the first time around. However, the I sure appreciate him more after the first disaster. LOL.
I have some fabric to put in the washer to make sure it won't bleed. I really don't like pre washing but with reds you never know, so I want to be safe.
Off to get caught up again.
You ladies be good to yourself!

janluna
March 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
You guys are newlyweds. It's been 45 years for me and Joe. 46 this year in Sept. Love ya, Jan L

sewmuchjan
March 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Well check this out my Mother and Daddy will be having their 61th wedding anniversary on March 31, 2011.3548

meet Mr and Mrs Eldon Adams
aka
Eldon and Maggie
This was their 60th and renewal of their vows. They live in Brighton CO

EsGrandma
March 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
So good to hear about anniversaries!! Glad that you are feeling better Blondie and that your dear hubby is on the mend. I've made a promise not to start anything new until I finish some of the projects that I have sitting around - this time I mean it!! Hope everyone has a great Sunday (love that day!)

aunteeviv
March 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
how com eyou all know each other. I feel left out over here in Ozz. Anyway, its a great Subday morning here..

aunteeviv
March 5th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I mean SUNDAY

janluna
March 5th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Congratulations to you parents, Jan. They are very special people.

Sandy Navas
March 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
how com eyou all know each other. I feel left out over here in Ozz. Anyway, its a great Subday morning here..

We've been playing around here for a while. Check back in often and just join in - I'm really obnoxious but they have accepted me, and since you come across so wonderful we'll more than open up our arms and hearts for you. What do you prefer to be called? Evi, Viv, we wanna know. Hugs.

toggpine
March 5th, 2011, 10:52 PM
AuntieeViv: We didn't know each other before we met here in the MSQC forum. One of the ladies decided that a daily thread about what we were all doing, or working on for the day, was in order and we have all gotten to know each other much better. We cheer each other on at our successes, and help lift our quilting sisters and brothers when they need it.
There are always more seats around the table and mugs in the cupboard for another cup of coffee or tea. So join us!
Cathy

quiltingtrish
March 5th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Good to see you zipping around here Paula. You even sound peppy!
Wonderful photo of your parents Jan. Wow, that's a long time to be married. We will hit 24 yrs at the end of March. Time flies.
AuntieeViv - wonderful how Cathy put it - always more seats around the table - please do join in!

Well, everyone, Katie is in a safe place tonight. She is with a family who will take her in - talking for maybe temporary custody, changing school districts to get her away from some bad kids and the crappy system I work for. I feel a weight lifted already. I know this isn't a permanent solution, but the lady (who I do know a little) said that she is giving Katie rules and she will go to counseling for it to work out. She works for a lawyer who can draw up papers for the temporary thing. At least I know she is safe for now.

I did put an ad on Craigs List and see where that goes for the quilting for others. If I don't hear anything in a week or so, I'll take an ad out for the local paper. I can at least try.
Well, everyone - have a good evening and I'll be praying for no more flooding.

Hugs,

Blondie
March 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Trish, good to here this for you and Katie. I am interested in seeing how many results you will get. A few years back I was wanting to do home shows with my crafts since I do so many various type of things and sell them locally on occasion. A friend mentioned a home show. Then the folks started needing more of my time. Something like this would keep me on task. I have sold in the salon seasonal items. To do this successfully for me I need to build up an inventory. That takes time and some extra space/money. There are different ways to do this - sell what is on hand, and take orders or show a selection and take orders. Still thinking on it.

Aunteeviv, glad you found us down here. We are ALL sisters in this quilting world. This thread is really for anything we want to talk about on a specific day I think, although it can be revisited frequently. We are truly blessed to find in each other a kindred thread to help us through our days. We love Sandy, we don't even make her sit in time out when she gets obnoxious. (JK, Sandy!)

SewmuchJan, treasure that pic! My folks celebrated their 64 years together last fall - what a treat to even be able to see 64 years much less that many together with ONE mate. Something I won't be able to say.