PDA

View Full Version : Saturday greetings,

MayinJerset
July 20th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Everyone is so busy on the weekends we hardly have time to stop by and say Hello. Have fun whatever you are doing and, for most of us, keep cool. May

rebeccas-sewing
July 20th, 2013, 10:30 AM
The temp in London has just broken. Today it's overcast and a whole lot cooler. We've gone from close to 90 down to 70. Talk about a drastic change. Thank goodness. Hope it last through the next four days. I'm off to Georgia the 24th and then I'll be roasting!

nyscpa2be
July 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Morning all! I've got laundry in the machine now - but I know I need to get it done soon. We have a large line of storms headed our way from Buffalo, stretching into Ohio, so this afternoon will be fun - NOT! My black lab, Tobey, hates thunderstorms, and getting him to calm down is tough.
Also, I'm missing my quilting this weekend - we were supposed to have a camping trip, so I left my machine and current projects in Syracuse - now I'm bored!!!

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Have to make a trip to the grocery this morning - why does it always happen that I can't plan well enough to go in the middle of the week when most peeps are at work? Got the border put on my wonky house quilt yesterday. Mitered corners on the border and had some difficulty with it since I have a loose narrow border first. But, it's there, it's done, and just needs the final square up before quilting. I am at a loss how I will quilt 10 inch blocks with a very random applique - without going over the applique pieces . . . thinking still.

So, that's my life, that's my story. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend. Stay calm and cool.

lilmouse
July 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Morning Everyone...not much going on here today....work this afternoon and some sewing tonight...not sure on what yet but probably on some small projects...hope everyone has a great day....the heatwave broke here during the night...not sure if we got any rain but the temps are allot cooler now....barely 70 degrees....loving it! Hugs for all and prayers for those in need.
Susie

GrammaBabs
July 20th, 2013, 12:18 PM
OOOOOOOOO grocery shopping... I LOVE that!!!! Really honestly.. I have more fun in the food store than any other... love picking thru for the best price and meal planning along the way... for me, it's like being in a fabric store...LOL... DH says i'm crazy.. but just cannot pass up a "deal" on Bonless Chicken... or a great pricintg of any food... I think it has something to do with having working for a supermarket most of my life,,, from packer to Buying office... I just go nuts with all things grocery!!! :)
Have to make a trip to the grocery this morning - why does it always happen that I can't plan well enough to go in the middle of the week when most peeps are at work? Got the border put on my wonky house quilt yesterday. Mitered corners on the border and had some difficulty with it since I have a loose narrow border first. But, it's there, it's done, and just needs the final square up before quilting. I am at a loss how I will quilt 10 inch blocks with a very random applique - without going over the applique pieces . . . thinking still.

So, that's my life, that's my story. I hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend. Stay calm and cool.

Precious1
July 20th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone. Today I will continue working on setting up my sewing room. Yesterday my hubby and son built the book cases and Janome table for the new sewing machine. Soo, today after I do my regular house chores, I will be organizing my stash that I've been collecting the past two months. Once that's done, I will be working on the Mystery Quilt and a quilt for my hubby. Have an safe and happy day. Keep smiling.

toggpine
July 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Morning!
We'll be building a bird net cage over our berries today. Hopefully we'll get the last few berries before the birds do! I also have some bananas that will need to be made into bread. Guess what's for breakfast tomorrow!

Have good one!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM
OOOOOOOOO grocery shopping... I LOVE that!!!! Really honestly.. I have more fun in the food store than any other... love picking thru for the best price and meal planning along the way... for me, it's like being in a fabric store...LOL... DH says i'm crazy.. but just cannot pass up a "deal" on Bonless Chicken... or a great pricintg of any food... I think it has something to do with having working for a supermarket most of my life,,, from packer to Buying office... I just go nuts with all things grocery!!! :)

One of my very favorite past-times (truly) is shopping for groceries. In fact, I seriously considered starting a small business where I would shop for working women. I think it would be SO much fun. I have a very dear friend who buys groceries and cooks for people (I can skip the cooking as I have aged). We would truly be wicked together, Babs.

K. McEuen
July 20th, 2013, 07:25 PM
One of my very favorite past-times (truly) is shopping for groceries. In fact, I seriously considered starting a small business where I would shop for working women. I think it would be SO much fun. I have a very dear friend who buys groceries and cooks for people (I can skip the cooking as I have aged). We would truly be wicked together, Babs.

When my daughter was in elementary school there were 4 of us moms that would hang out together. Every Wednesday we'd pick up lists from all the teachers and head to Sam's Club. We usually ended up with 8 to 10 baskets full of stuff, then hit the checkout. Our favorite cashier was Billy, who seemed to have as much fun with us as we did with him. We'd figure out what each teacher owed and have their stuff boxed and ready for them when school let out. We had a blast doing it and the teachers loved us for doing their shopping for them.

alliek
July 20th, 2013, 09:16 PM
OMG Sandy and Babs----I would hire you on the spot!!! I truly dislike food shopping and I feel really guilty about this because I know there are people out there that have to count every penny and truly cannot shop as often as we do. So I thank God every day for the blessings in my life and GRIT my teeth as I enter Food Lion. (My daughter said I change personality as I walk across the parking lot into the store, sort of like Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde!!!)

nyscpa2be
July 20th, 2013, 09:20 PM
My theory on happiness with grocery shopping depends on how much money is in my bank account. I hate going on a limited checking account - ramen budget with sushi tastes is no fun.

cyndiofthevortex
July 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
It's official. Nothing happened in Cyndi World today.

K. McEuen
July 20th, 2013, 09:31 PM
That could be considered a good thing, Cyndi. About the only thing that happened around here is I baked banana muffins because the bananas I bought the other day got ripe super fast and no one was eating them.

cyndiofthevortex
July 20th, 2013, 10:52 PM
You're right, Karen. Boring is much better than dramatic! Thanks for the banana update from your house!

Ginny B
July 20th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Well, I had a peaceful day overall. I was taking care of my grandpuppy Booda while my ds helped my cousin who is working on getting his house back together. He had major water damage from flooding from Sandy and is finally getting $$$ from the insurance.
I was very happy that the storms did not materialize like they said they might since he just gets so crazy when they hit. He is a big dog and just keeps running and running trying to find a place to hide from the noise of the storm. He tries to get into the smallest places and since he is a lab/greyhound mix, that doesn't always work out so well. Once ds got home, I took off for Joann's and got my material for the mystery quilt. I got a lot of cooking done while Boo and I were having some quality time together. I put on some country music and was dancing and singing while making a pot of marinara sauce, then I did up a pan of eggplant parmigiana, and breaded some chicken cutlets for Monday's dinner.

Tomorrow ds is going back over to my cousins to do a bit more work so I will head to the farm market for my produce (dh did the regular shopping today) and then back home to do a bit more Boo"sitting" and hopefully I will be able to work in my sewing room a bit. If it cools down, it will be fine up there.

I hope everyone had a great Saturday. Sleep tight all.

Ginny B

Mpyles
July 21st, 2013, 02:28 AM

Okay where do I sign up?? I HATE grocery shopping! I buy things I don't need, I can never find at least one item on my list...I end up going in circles and get irritated when I organize everything on the conveyor belt and then the sackers don't keep it that way. I like cold sacked with cold and dry with dry......hubby usually goes here, but he too suffers from the...oh we need that ...syndrome!!

MayinJerset
July 21st, 2013, 10:16 AM
While I don't love food shopping I don't hate it either. I make a list of what I have to get and check out the prices on what I will need soon. I've been using the shopping scooters in the supermarkets and that helps a lot with keeping my energy up. Now that DH helps me we usually shop and take care of errands one day a week. I've trained him in picking out paper products, cereals, coffee, tea and cold cuts, he always can find the ice cream and cookies himself. He also does the part I hate - loading the bags into the car and unloading them at home. We both put stuff away so that clears the decks quickly. My 'hate' is thinking of what to cook for dinner. I've been cooking since I'm about 7 years old so that makes 70 years and I'm tired of it and if I can get tired of eating I will solve the whole problem, LOL! May