PDA

View Full Version : Big chill hits state with rain and snow ..........

Lissau
July 20th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Here is my a story about my state in Australia ....Brrrrr !!!!

Big chill hits state with rain and snow
Chilly conditions hit as Victoria cops drenching (http://www.theage.com.au/environment/weather/chilly-conditions-hit-as-victoria-cops-drenching-20130720-2qaof.html)

Lissau
July 20th, 2013, 06:27 AM
This Falls Creek one of our ski resorts

craftychris
July 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Hi Lissau - we have had a very chilly wet haily sort of day here today too. Very low cloud and I expect that in the morning the surrounding hills will be blanketed with snow. Our first REAL day of winter - it has been cold and wet prior to this but I think that was just practice for today.

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for sharing. I don't know why 'we Northerners' never think about it snowing and being so cold 'Down Under'. Oh, how I wish I had taken the time to visit Australia when I lived on that side of the world.

Sending you some warm air - soon.

bakermom
July 20th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Agree Sandy!
i "know" it is winter down there, but in my mind i always picture Australia as hot.

But then, a few years ago one DD moved to AZ. to avoid winter. Ah, no. not when you live in the mountains, kid. Within a month she had snow up to her armpits!

HdWench
July 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Lissau! Hope you've plenty of nice warm quilts !! Spent 2 beautiful weeks there (Brisbane, Marrachydore spelling sorry) area and yes, hard to think it is the opposite of the states! Stay warm. Maybe that ski lodge will have a lot of customers spending time on the slopes and money in the economy.

Sandy Navas
July 20th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Agree Sandy!
i "know" it is winter down there, but in my mind i always picture Australia as hot.

But then, a few years ago one DD moved to AZ. to avoid winter. Ah, no. not when you live in the mountains, kid. Within a month she had snow up to her armpits!

Yes, I always thought Scottsdale would be the most wonderful place in the world to retire . . . until I found out they actually can have some very harsh winters . . .

alliek
July 20th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the pics, I love the snow!

SallyO'Sews
July 21st, 2013, 01:03 AM
Ahhh... Just looking at those photos of snow makes me feel cooler! Thanks, Lissau! Enjoy!