PDA

View Full Version : TaTa Update - Biopsy Done Yesterday

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Well Girls...and the stray Boys who surely aren't going to be readying this right? But just in case. :D

Yesterday afternoon I had my right breast stereostatic biopsy done - aka you're on a car lift with your TaTa sticking out of a hole being worked on!

Overall the mammogram part to get the film and your breast into proper position was the most uncomfortable part for me. My mass in deep near the chest wall and only visual from a 45 degree angle or the side. Needless to say, it's been mangled and then stays in that "perfect" position for the complete hour for the procedure. Many films before to find it and get the "perfect" shot for the doctor to be called in. Must say love Dr. Schroff, she has such great bedside manners. Very caring and calming.

Then lidocaine, then the pain injection which stung/burned a bit, a few minutes for that to take affect while they took more film. Incision, needle (by the way, yes as described by other, not too little lol). As warned by Dr. Schroff I would feel a sharp sting that should wear off, at any time I felt any increasing pain I should say "ouch" - she would stop, give more pain meds, before continuing. Over time I could feel more but chose to suck it up 'cause of my Fibro I was worried what more pain meds might do to me.

She put a marker the size of a rice kernel behind for reference, luckily she said it will NOT set off the TSA equipment. Lucky me! lol

Clear butterfly tape over the incision, pressure gauze, jumbo bandage. Keep on for 3 days, yes you may shower. Keep your bra on for 24 hours, including sleeping with it! (Bummer, that was a PITA) No lifting for 2 days. Ohhh Donny! :) See you in a week for follow up.

Biopsy results in 3-5 business days. Now the wait begins, luckily we have a lot going on the household with the kids moving out this weekend and us empting boxes of our own that are still in the garage.

Now I will walk around with my right TaTa that is 2 sizes bigger than my left one. I must say that I look good with bigger TaTas...much more in proportion with my fat (_|_). lol It's also turning a nice shade of blues and violets. I would post a photo but don't want Al to get his shorts bunched up! hehe

So dear friends...if you find a lump in your TaTa...get your butt to your doctor right away! Early detection is the key!!

A good doctor with a gentle hand can make this procedure very manageable pain wise. Personally I've had pap samples taken that were much more painful because there was no pain management involved.

Don't be surprise if you see my TaTa arrive before me...

Huggers, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
July 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Glad for you that it is over. Now prayers for good results. Don't overdo it with the unpacking!

Bubby
July 19th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Ruby,

At least the procedure is done and you still have your sense of humor intact. I had a similar procedure done once and in the middle of the whole thing the machine broke. They kept me 'in the position' and called in a tech to work on the machine! I don't know who was more embarrassed - the tech or me!

I'm praying for a good report for you, Hon. You know that my love and prayers are with you and the family. Try not to work too hard. Love you, Barb

Iris Girl
July 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Glad that part is over for you. Now try and relax some and don't do too much strenuous stuff.

ilive2craft2
July 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Glad that the procedure is behind you! Waiting for results is the pits. Holding you and your family in my prayers. Take a rest day or two and hang out with a good movie or the forum. Those boxes will wait until you are up to doing anything with the contents. Hugs, Lisa

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Ruby,

At least the procedure is done and you still have your sense of humor intact. I had a similar procedure done once and in the middle of the whole thing the machine broke. They kept me 'in the position' and called in a tech to work on the machine! I don't know who was more embarrassed - the tech or me!

I'm praying for a good report for you, Hon. You know that my love and prayers are with you and the family. Try not to work too hard. Love you, Barb

LOL Barb...Would be no worries for me...the tech wouldn't see my pancake of a boob. :D I think it must have been about an inch thick the whole time. I do feel bad for your experience though! My God! My lower back is barking today from being on my stomach that long.

TY for your prayers DF! Love you and Jeff!! Huggers, Ruby

MRoy
July 19th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm glad the procedure is over and I'm praying for good results. Take care of yourself!

Marebear
July 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM
As a breast cancer 19 year survivor - I can really feel your pain, anxiety, hope, and frustration. I'm happy this procedure is done, and I hope the waiting game goes fast. One precious day at a time. Take care!

lilmouse
July 19th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear it is behind you...am holding you in prayer....glad to see your sense of humor has survived....I wish them luck tryin g to do that to me...not a lot there to start with and my gyn doc surprised me yesterday with biopsies....so I can feel for you...sending a (gentle) hug your way!

New York Sue
July 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM
What a great spirit and humor you have, Ruby.
I'm so glad you're able to keep your humor about you!
Perhaps we should name this thread 'Ruby's Great Ta Ta Adventure'.
My BEST, chica! I'm confident this is just a little 'blip' on the radar of life...
;)

nana margaret
July 19th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Pleased this part is over for you, these things are never easy - being able to keep a sense of humour about the whole thing is the best way to go. Hope your wait for results comes quickly.

Shirley
July 19th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Ruby,
I had the same procedure done a few months ago. You described it to a T. :icon_heh: Anyway, talk about black and blue. Oh my! Good luck and I hope the tests turn out in your favor.

quiltingtrish
July 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I'm glad that part is over Ruby, but that doesn't mean my prayers have stopped coming for you.

((((Huggers)))),

MayinJerset
July 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Keep the good attitude and sending up Prayers for good results. Hugs, May

Sandy Navas
July 19th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Ruby,
I had the same procedure done a few months ago. You described it to a T. :icon_heh: Anyway, talk about black and blue. Oh my! Good luck and I hope the tests turn out in your favor.

Did we hear your results? I pray they were benign . . .

Sandy Navas
July 19th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Ruby, your description conjures up some of the most unusual visual images . . .

Praying for a benign report.

P.S. I just did a search for Ruby's Ta-Ta and found a FB page . . . scary.

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 11:20 AM
As a breast cancer 19 year survivor - I can really feel your pain, anxiety, hope, and frustration. I'm happy this procedure is done, and I hope the waiting game goes fast. One precious day at a time. Take care!

Yea for us Cancer survivors! Survived Uterine cancer 16 years ago, so God is really seeing if I still have a sense of humor! :)

I'm sure you know that each day is precious and to tell each person who is special to us who much they mean to us daily.

Huggers and ty for your care! Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Glad to hear it is behind you...am holding you in prayer....glad to see your sense of humor has survived....I wish them luck tryin g to do that to me...not a lot there to start with and my gyn doc surprised me yesterday with biopsies....so I can feel for you...sending a (gentle) hug your way!

Wait a minute DF!!!! Don't be slipping in a "my gyn doc surprised me yesterday with biopsies" with no follow up! I'm hoping that this going be taking care quickly and you'll let us know what prayer we need to direct for healing. These are things that shock the mental cells in our brain.

I thank you for your "gentle" hug and please let me know how I can support you during your time. Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Ruby,

My dear Shirley, did you tell us about the results? I don't recall reading about this. You're not walking this path alone are you? We're here for each other love!

I hope it's benign, yet it is what it is! I have Faith that we caught it early. If we were in Hawaii, I wouldn't of had a mammogram (no insurance, nothing free through the state), just regular manual breast exams by my doctor. It wouldn't have been discovered as it's almost against the chest wall. God works in mysterious ways. Marilyn and I will beat whatever comes our way, hand-in-hand in cyberspace! And we can make a circle, you can join us!!!

Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 11:36 AM
P.S. I just did a search for Ruby's Ta-Ta and found a FB page . . . scary.

Crap...dare I even look that up?!? lol

Madeforyouinma11
July 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Ruby, I'm glad the procedure went well, still keeping you in my prayers for a benign result.
Lilmouse, you need to let us know what's happening..or add it to the new group so we can keep track of you progress. Praying for you.

nyscpa2be
July 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM
OMG that sounds just as painful as my mom said hers was. And you have to wear your bra 24 hours in this heat? That's just pure torture.
Prayers that everything turns out good and you heal soon! And yes, early detection is key. I just got my results last week - I've been moved from BIRADS I to BIRADS II, and need more screening in December - if I get another lump between now and then, I get another mammogram, and probably this biopsy too.
((((HUGS))))) and +++Prayers+++

Sew Perfect
July 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Thank you for the update and description of this procedure...glad you made it through. Praying for good results and will await for the next update.

rebeccas-sewing
July 19th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks for letting us know what's going on. We'll be waiting to hear the results of the testing. Good luck.

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Dear Amy, know that you're on my nightly prayers. Actually wearing this bra continuously has been the worse part of the whole procedure! So don't stress about it!! You're a tough cookie!!! :)

Huggers from your friend Ruby

GrammaBabs
July 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hang in there GF.... (and the hang part doesn't mean you can take that bra off...:)..Always know i'm lurking and smiling and praying for all you gals... getting older is "not for sissys"... as we say here at Oakpoint!!!! LOL

auntiemern
July 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Love the way you tell about your ta ta adventure. You are so right about God working in mysterious ways. I had had 2 chest x-rays since April, one the night I was admitted to the hospital and nothing showed up, and I was not symptomatic for lung cancer. The doc on duty in the ER, decided to do a CT, and that is the only reason it was caught this early. Together we will fight what ever battle we face, along with our wonderful prayer warriors. It's all gonna be good.
My dear Shirley, did you tell us about the results? I don't recall reading about this. You're not walking this path alone are you? We're here for each other love!

I hope it's benign, yet it is what it is! I have Faith that we caught it early. If we were in Hawaii, I wouldn't of had a mammogram (no insurance, nothing free through the state), just regular manual breast exams by my doctor. It wouldn't have been discovered as it's almost against the chest wall. God works in mysterious ways. Marilyn and I will beat whatever comes our way, hand-in-hand in cyberspace! And we can make a circle, you can join us!!!

Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
July 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Love the way you tell about your ta ta adventure. You are so right about God working in mysterious ways. I had had 2 chest x-rays since April, one the night I was admitted to the hospital and nothing showed up, and I was not symptomatic for lung cancer. The doc on duty in the ER, decided to do a CT, and that is the only reason it was caught this early. Together we will fight what ever battle we face, along with our wonderful prayer warriors. It's all gonna be good.

(((Marilyn))) I told you in our FB PMs that I felt your presence. We'll beat this no matter what!!! Love you DF, huggers, Ruby and Don plus The Stegers

Miss Sheri
July 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Sending Hope, Prayers, Faith & LOVE, mixed with a few giggles. I've had the 'freeze & sqeeze' a few times myself, but so far just as a precaution. My sister gets a lot of 'nodes', thankfully most have been benign. Love to each of you sweet ones.

K. McEuen
July 19th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I think the guys on this forum have been hiding lately, what with all the ta-ta and hooha talk.

Glad you came through it all so far. Needles and boob vices aren't something most people look forward to. Just the really kinky ones ...

Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

cyndiofthevortex
July 19th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I'm so glad that this part is over. I am hoping for good results. Thank you for sharing this journey with us. You are very brave! And funny. I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

Grandma G
July 19th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I think the guys on this forum have been hiding lately, what with all the ta-ta and hooha talk.

Glad you came through it all so far. Needles and boob vices aren't something most people look forward to. Just the really kinky ones ...

Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

I'm thinking if the guys on this forum have read this thread they are speechless right about now and thankful that but for the grace of God...whoa!!

Ruby - your sense of humor is priceless and your spirit is something to behold. Many prayers are sent your way that the results are negative. God Bless.

janluna
July 19th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Ruby Honey, I am so sad to hear this news. Please know all the Lunas are praying hard for you.
You have always been so good to us. You are one of the most loving, kind, giving, people I know. I love you Darlin Girl. Please mind everything the Doc says. No heavy lifting or overworking for you. I wish I could be there to help. God will bless you for sure. After all, you are one of His Angels. Love, Hugs, and tons of Prayers, Jan & Joe

SallyO'Sews
July 20th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the update, Ruby. Will continue to pray! Hugs and blessings, ~Sally \0/

phoots
July 20th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Ruby, I love your attitude!! I will keep you in my prayers and in a few more days you'll have your answer. My love to you!

Pam in Vegas

toggpine
July 20th, 2013, 02:36 AM
You know you have our love and prayers continuing to come your way.
Marilyn and any others who are going through this, we are here for you!

The guys have to pay attention to this stuff too! They have boobies too. OK, some more prominent than others, but they have all the workings.

HandsOffItsMine
July 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Thank you all for your love and prayers, it means so much to me and Don, the love of my life for over 32 years.

Humor is what gets me through the rough times in life, along with keeping a silver lining in view.

If there is anyone out there who is dealing with the big C or other issues by themselves, don't do it alone. This Forum is a place of Friends and Friends who have become Family. Should you want to start of slowly, you can always PM me. :)

Thanks again to all and huggers, Ruby

Evilynn
July 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Cannot agree with you more, Ruby. You women gotta promise me that you go to the doctor as SOON YOU FEEL SOMETHING UNUSUAL IN YOUR TaTa!! (Love this word!)

Ruby, I am sending all the positive thoughts that I can towards you. I know how you feel. Even tho you try to keep your humour it's awful to wait. I am crossing my fingers for you. Keep up the amazing attitude and your humour even if it's a bit of a black humour. It helps. :)

Sending many hugs from Finland to you!

Steffie

HdWench
July 20th, 2013, 03:50 PM
(((((Ruby)))) got a few fried egg, pancake size myself and OMG! So sorry you had to go through this, but Happy they caught it early! Yes, even men got those ta-ta's and are either hiding or feeling themselves :icon_rolleyes: Prayers this comes back as a tiny bit of nothing and no, you can NOT lift and unpack! ugh bra wearing any time

Mimis-quilts
July 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Ruby...well just let me say that you have a great attitude...keep the sense of humor through it all! Sorry you had to go through this, but glad that it is now behind you...now you can watch you tata go through the different colors as the bruising subsides. Hang in there!

Donna F
July 23rd, 2013, 04:30 AM
Too many memories in that vivid description Ruby and I'm glad that part is over for you. Reading this makes my problems seem piddly in comparison! I'm always here for you. Prayers day and night for my df.

HandsOffItsMine
July 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Too many memories in that vivid description Ruby and I'm glad that part is over for you. Reading this makes my problems seem piddly in comparison! I'm always here for you. Prayers day and night for my df.

No Donna, your or others problems are no less than mine. You know we're here for each other, sweetie! You're doing the right thing, it's mentally really a hard decision and painful to the heart.

I also know that I'm in your prayers and feel them. <3 you and Mike! Huggers, Ruby

Monique
July 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Thinking of you my dear friend.