PDA

View Full Version : Very Proud...........

twnkeyes
July 18th, 2013, 10:53 PM
After all my misgivings, crying for what may lie ahead, talking till I was blue in the face, I'm so very proud of my son-in-law. He graduated today from one of only two military style Highway Patrol academy's, the 61st. I have put his safety in God's hands where it has always been. The ceremony was very God centered, very patriotic, very motivational. The academy was 20 weeks long. They started with 53 and ended with 40 graduating. I believe it was five of the cadets that have served our country and all said the academy was harder than boot camp, much harder. My daughter, granddaughter and son-in-law will be moving only three hours away from us, better than the current 10! Again, I'm proud to say I have a Highway Patrolman in the family!

Miss Sheri
July 18th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Oh, I am so happy for you! I'm feeling proud for you too, I have military family members in my family, and we feel deeply about the sacrifices required to keep this Nation free and safe. How wonder this day has been for you. And the bonus of having family close by, that is another of many blessings today I think.

mom4him
July 18th, 2013, 11:42 PM
That is GREAT! I believe the police officers in every capacity in our country deserve to be given the same honor and respect our military deserve. You deserve to be proud.

PeggyM
July 18th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Congratulations to you and your family,

MayinJerset
July 18th, 2013, 11:56 PM
You and your family have every right to be proud of your DSIL. Wonderful that they will be closer to you.

Lisapc
July 19th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Pride, one of the best feelings in the world.

toggpine
July 19th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Congratulations! May he be watched over by the best guardian angels!

Judy~Ann
July 19th, 2013, 02:04 AM
That's awesome. Congratulations and my God be with him and all of your family

rebeccas-sewing
July 19th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Congratulations! I know you're proud. How wonderful they'll be so much closer.

Blondie
July 19th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Terri, how happy I am on all accounts for you and family! Three hours apart is much more do-able for visiting than the old 10! Yays!
You have every right to be proud of your SIL - highway patrol officers are very respected. The training will make or break you, I've been told, so hurrahs for him. God bless you!

Monique
July 19th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Congratulations to you all.

New York Sue
July 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Great accomplishment!
And the moving closer part...WOOHOO!

Bubby
July 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I understand your concern. Being in God's hands is the safest and best place for him to be. Congratulations, that's a HUGE accomplishment and now your family will be so much closer to you. Hugs....

Shirley
July 19th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Congrats, praying God will keep him safe.

quiltingtrish
July 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I'd be boasting too! Congratulations to your son in law and so happy they will be closer.
Every time I pass an area where a police officer has pulled someone over, I say a prayer for their safety. At night, they get double prayers.

Hugs,

MRoy
July 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Congratulations to your SIL!

Sandy Navas
July 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Congratulations from me, too. Maybe we need to add his name to the SPECIAL THOUGHTS group so we think of him daily. I'll bet your daughter is so proud she could burst.

auntiemern
July 20th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Of course you're proud. So happy for you that they are going to be so much closer to you. God bless him and keep him safe in his duties.