PDA

View Full Version : Thankful Thursday

SallyO'Sews
July 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm thankful that it's still Thursday, and I did not completely miss the opportunity to say how thankful I am to be 58 years old. In my mind, that's a number that is way older than I am, although my body agrees that I am indeed approaching 60! Like the man said, getting older sure beats the alternative! :lol

Also thankful for all of my quilty friends - hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

SuzyQue
July 18th, 2013, 07:21 PM
A couple of weeks back, I told of a praise for a dear friend's grand-daughter. I need to update. This teen had just had her first of 3 surgeries in less than 14 days, but had not eaten any food for several weeks. Now she is recovering after her 3rd surgery on the same issue in her digestive tract, but the blessings and praises today are many! Thankfully the Dr's are baffled but working well with this unusual case. Thankfully the pain attacks are lessening in frequency. Thankfully the family has wonderful support and prayer warriors. Thankfully, today they have cleared her to begin eating and drinking whatever she wants, whenever she wants, and how much she wants, so she can see it will be better now. She still has a long road ahead of her, but for today..........she is putting food in her mouth again after about a month of nothing by mouth. (she does have a pic line) We serve an awesome God that hears our prayers and still sends miracles to his beloved. I am so thankful!

Sandy Navas
July 18th, 2013, 07:48 PM
A couple of weeks back, I told of a praise for a dear friend's grand-daughter. I need to update. This teen had just had her first of 3 surgeries in less than 14 days, but had not eaten any food for several weeks. Now she is recovering after her 3rd surgery on the same issue in her digestive tract, but the blessings and praises today are many! Thankfully the Dr's are baffled but working well with this unusual case. Thankfully the pain attacks are lessening in frequency. Thankfully the family has wonderful support and prayer warriors. Thankfully, today they have cleared her to begin eating and drinking whatever she wants, whenever she wants, and how much she wants, so she can see it will be better now. She still has a long road ahead of her, but for today..........she is putting food in her mouth again after about a month of nothing by mouth. (she does have a pic line) We serve an awesome God that hears our prayers and still sends miracles to his beloved. I am so thankful!

Suzy, please go to the groups and put her in our SPECIAL THOUGHTS group for continued prayer and strength

pcbatiks
July 18th, 2013, 07:57 PM
That is great news Suzy! Just thinking.......I am thankful for our central air to keep us cool. So many are suffering from the extreme heat. Thankful that my husband has a vacation day tomorrow! Thankful for my forum friends!

SallyO'Sews
July 18th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Rejoicing with you, Suzy!

Lisapc
July 19th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Thankful for this forum and the AC in my home and for the rain/thunder storms we will be getting to cool down the East coast.

dwil23
July 19th, 2013, 01:37 AM
It's really Friday morning, but I want to add something I am very Thankful for. My dear Dad. Thursday he would have been 96 years old. It was his goal to reach 96 - the age his father lived to be. My Dad was a wonderful man and a great father. I miss him so much, but am thankful everyday that we had him as long as we did - he was 87 and a half when he died in 2005.