PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already

Blondie
July 17th, 2013, 07:03 AM

Greetings this Wednesday morning, Folksies! For those on the other side of the world, you know what time it is, here's your greeting as well! Perhaps I should say It's Wednesday Folksies, deal with it. I am not good at being P.C. I find the entire p.c. theory to be fairly stupid and relatively annoying. And I haven't had my coffee yet. So, boo ya.

Time has passed. I have thoroughly enjoyed a nice hot cuppa. I feel more social. After reading what I previously wrote above, I realize that you have seen the real me. You know. The kind of person who sometimes wakes up grouchy because the antibiotics are beginning to work but my face is still hurting and swollen. My lower lip still resembles Mick Jagger on steroids. But I am feeling so much better. Truly. After all, I've only had 3 anti'b's so far. Luscious says that I am having fluffy face syndrome.

More time has passed. A second cuppa called my name very sweetly. I am feeling better the longer I am up and at 'em. I am also more lucid. I am able to think about pleasant topics. Like fabric, quilts, babies, weather, tuts, pinterest, sons, daughters, moms, dads, grand folks - Oh yeah, I am good to go. I still find P.C. talk fairly stupid and relatively annoying. I guess there isn't enough coffee for me to be anything but honest.

Have a wonderful day, dear ones. Smile - even if you look like the Joker when smiling (pointing finger at moi) - Smile because it really does make you feel better inside and I am all about feeling better.

Bubby
July 17th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I've been up a while doing my brain training on Lumosity. I love this program and have made significant progress in the few months I've been doing it. Now if it would just help me remember where my glasses are!

Jeff is getting ready for work and the girls are still sleeping soundly. I think they are still on California time because they sure are late sleepers.

I got my DGSs quilt back from my quilter yesterday. I have hopes of starting the binding today. Will post pics when it's done. I turned in my Dresden plate to Reggie yesterday. The drez was a lot of work and a lot of hand work. Regggie will free motion stipple the whole top and put feathers in the outer border. I have my fingers crossed that she doesn't have any trouble with it.

I have to get our morning started...I hope everyone has a good day.

Blessings, Barb

Cathy F
July 17th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Morning all,

Had to get up early this morning as the contractors will be arriving at our house at 7:30. We are having a new roof put on, windows, siding, and stonework. two to three weeks of chaos here, but it had to be done. My roof looked like a jack-o-lanern face with all the shingles that had been blown off during hurricane Sandy along with some house shingles. Was forced to clean my sewing room up as they have to get in there to do the window, oh well it will look really nice for a little while:)
We're still in a heat wave and I'm hoping we get some cooler weather soon. Well got to scoot or they'll find me in my pajamas. Hugs to all that can use a few extra today!

Monique
July 17th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Good morning. I think I may be melting with this heat. The extra fan in my room really did not help. It is so hot at the post office, and of course there is no air conditioning. It is a church. 4 more days of work. Greg & Jersey arrive sometime tonight. Greg is in a wedding this weekend. Phil arrives on Friday. Another filled weekend.

Not much else to report around here. With this heat, there is no quilting being done, that is for sure.

Happy hump day.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone! Had a late night costuming session with my fellow costumer, we made some good progress but still have a lot to do. So, I should still be sleeping.

Cathy, that kind of reno sure can turn your house uside down, but roofs need to be strong, so good luck with that! I love your flag avatar, I remember when you were making it, I was so in awe of it!

Nothing new in cat/dog and. They are getting used to each other.
Blondie, hope you feel better soon! Everyone, have a great day!

MRoy
July 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning and Happy Hump Day! It's been "interesting" here the last couple of days. DH spent all of Monday night at the ER with his 91 year old aunt. She hadn't been feeling well and he insisted she go. At 4 am yesterday she was admitted with pneumonia. She's doing well and should be released in a couple of days. While DH was gone, the police knocked on our door at 11:30pm. DH bought a utility trailer from a fellow on Saturday...turns out it was stolen. I told the deputy what I knew about the situation and the seller, and the real owner came and took his trailer. I didn't sleep again until 3:30 yesterday morning.

Work is very busy, no letting up on the soon-to-be retiree. It's more like get as much as you can out of her while she's here. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Granny Judy
July 17th, 2013, 08:41 AM
It's gonna be another HOT ONE today, and I'm staying inside with my rotary cutter and fabric for the Mystery Quilt. I have a table runner to quilt and sandwiching another larger quilt.. got to get it off my work table.

Maybe do an oven-bake chicken for tonight. (we have Central Air!!) or perhaps fire up the grill outside??

I'm just gonna putter and let life flow over and around me. No commitments and no pressures for today.

Hugs going out to all

aliaslaceygreen
July 17th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning...cat on lap of course but she isn't interested in helping me type today at least! Off to work in a few, oh joy.... and there is a level, Blondie, I know it... sadly PC has gotten silly, to the point where straight up asking/telling/declaring can be seen as rude. Silliness, I tell you.
Stay cool. Yikes it was hot yesterday, and it's supposed to be again today....

take care!!

MayinJerset
July 17th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I resemble Blondie's photo this morning, really would like to go back to sleep but things need doing so I'll be back after I have my coffee.

I'm back and feeling better after a few sips of coffee. Checked my emails this am and there were 2 invitations, DGD Catherine is treating her Mother and I to an afternoon tea on Wed. the 24th (this is part of her Mother's Day gift to us), and DGD Laura invited us to her son Jack's 2nd Bday party on Sunday the 28th (Jack is our first great grandchild - his brother George who is 2 months old is our 2nd one). In between those dates we plan a trip to Mass. to visit grandkids Josi and Ben, we always try to be there for their Cabaret Camp show. Either we have nothing to do or too much but for grandkids we always find the time and energy to be part of their activities and lives even if we have to drive 6 hrs to get there and stay at a motel.

Today's activity is food shopping at the new super duper supermarket. It is the biggest one in the area and we do have plenty of supermarkets as we live in a heavily populated area. They carry the usual stuff but there are so many different brands and varieties that it takes me more time to shop. I've tried a few different products or varieties but nothing impressed me so far. No more free food samples but at least we can find a parking space way down the lot near the Pharmacy entrance.

Yesterday morning's trip to Joann's was good, found several fabrics suitable for kids pillowcases so we are all set for Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In. Visited my BFF Mary in the afternoon and she is feeling a bit better. Her Crohn's has acted up recently and she has been having some treatments that have helped, she isn't up to speed yet but she's definitely looking better. Gotta go now, Hugs and Kisses to all, May

LynneLeavell
July 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Good morning all. Blondie I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm still looking for the camel to come walking through my office asking what day is it? Our AC went out over the weekend and we are still trying to get it fixed. Got my nieces baby quilt back from the quilter this past weekend and I still need to put the binding on it, being as her shower is this Saturday. I made that statement last night and my oldest Grandson said well Granny get over there and finish it. It's a good thing he was in Gramps lap.

Oh well everyone have a great day. Stay cool. Prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

Blondie
July 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Wow, Myrna! See what I mean when I said the other day that things come at you in bunches?! It jumped from me to . . . YOU! Good grief, girlfriend. So now if I am following this correctly, you and hubs are out of the moola for the trailer! Glad to read that the dear Auntie is on the mend. It must be a comfort to her to know that he cares enough to see she gets the medical care she needs.
And yeah, Lynne, I love that commercial. Especially the Mike, Mike, Mike part. I crack up every time!
I have been downstairs working on a bib pattern. A bit different type of thing for me to work on and as with everything else I do, I have to re invent the wheel. Will post a pic when it is done.

nyscpa2be
July 17th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Morning All!

Yesterday was not such a great day - I got two job rejection emails, and then went to JoAnns. The entire fabric section was messy, I couldn't find patriotic anywhere, and for my baby boy falling charms chevron, I couldn't find a backing that I really liked - I finally ended up with flannel, and will prewash it today, hoping that it goes OK because I have a community laundry room in my apt building. Then, at checkout at JoAnns, the cashier was just rude rude rude to several customers. I used my student ID card, and she proceeded to tell me it wasn't worth the effort - for her to do what, scan the card? Really?

Anyways, I woke up this morning, checked my inbox, and saw an email from Indeed. Indeed is a job search board. There is a position open in captive insurance in Mesa, AZ, so another resume going out! I'm just going to continue applying everywhere I can, so long as I meet 75% of the requirements and it is at a company and location I want to be.

I need to run out to Family Dollar (hate that store, but necessary), and then I think I'm picking up a sub since Subway is right there - no cooking today, even with AC in my house.

Miss Sheri
July 17th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Blondie, so glad you are on the road to recovery, fluffy face and all [this too will pass!]
Myrna, my goodness what a night you had! Hope you can get a good closure on all that!

oops, my kids are here for reading tutoring, gotta run.

CrazyMtnLady
July 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Good morning everyone. It is going to be another hot one so I am getting ready to get outside and do a little more work before it gets to hot to breathe. Yesterday I spent more time cooling off in the pool then I did working...LOL.

I am hoping Daniel will be home by the end of next week. His helper will be back next Monday and then they will be loading as much as they can and heading down here. He may have to make a second trip and will probably want me to go with him..but we will see. He is so homesick he said he was ready to load up what he could and just leave everything else there. But he has a lot of paperwork and things to help his step-dad with before he can just come home.

I have gotten EVERYTHING done for my SSS up to August..I am so proud of myself! Yahoo.

Hello to all the new members I have not been here to welcome. I hope to be back more often soon. I think of everyone everyday and I still hold you all in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
All the words I had planned for today have already been used. *See above.*

Al is headed to KC for an interview with the KC Star about his new Google Glass . . . what a celebrity. This had better pay off one way or the other . . . if I have to keep hearing about it I may just - _ _ _ _ - fill in the blank.

FINALLY got the furniture consignment guy to show up. I know I've been dragging my feet getting rid of some things around here so the KIDS have more room to spread out. Can't help but be somewhat resentful that I'm having to do this and that hurts, honest. But, I guess it has to be done. I spend quite a bit of time whipping myself because I am not more open and giving, but then I realize that the fact that I'm open and giving is what has caused this situation anyway . . . and the girls are so cute - most of the time.

No sewing to be had for me today, nor yesterday nor who knows for how long. I have not felt like doing for ME, and yet I know I have to play catch up on a whole lot of projects. Talk about being a procrastinator. If you look that word up in your search engine you will find nothing but pictures of me.

And so, before I get too maudlin around here I'll close and try to get something productive done.

Iris Girl
July 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Morning everyone. Yes another hot one here today. We were up and out early as Hubby and I are both off. Collecting on a birthday breakfast out... 6 weeks late but first day we were off together. then getting stuff at walmart for tater salad , son is grilling burgers today. Clothes in washing. and then we get to take hubbys car to the garage for a timing belt. then I get to relax.

quiltingtrish
July 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone ~~
Another resume, a sub, and A/C - 2 good things for your day today. It seems not everyday is perfect - sometimes a little downsies have to be thrown in there. I have you in my prayers that a job opening comes for you that is just right for you and where you want it to be.
I spent Sunday with my Dad and mowed. Holy cow was it HOT. Then Monday, I spent the day with my sister - another Holy Cow! Yesterday I spent with my BFF and yet another HOT one. But we made it through. Of course I almost got creamed by a fire truck and a car on my butt coming home last night, but someone must have sent an angel cause me and the car are fine. I think the fire truck that came out from a side road didn't realize that other vehicles just MIGHT be going in the opposite direction - since the road came out at an angle and I HEARD the sirens, but couldn't SEE the truck - well, there were angels there. Last week it was a police car on a high speed chase that came into my lane on a 2 lane road - hello, there IS traffic that comes the other way.
Today is catch up day. There are 6 adults that live here (4 of them are between the ages of 19 and 25) and did you know that even though their mother (ME) taught them how to do chores that somehow those pieces of information just isn't anywhere in their brains anymore? So, WHEN I get to the dishes and the washing - etc - I get to it. If they need something that isn't clean or put away, oh well. Over the summer is the time for me to catch up on my quilting and spend time with those I don't have time to spend with the rest of the year.
Today I will be trying to make some kind of headway in the basement and then working on the red and white quilt for my neighbor. The morning chores are done so I am ready to head downstairs.
Don't know what I missed Blondie - puffy face? Did you get stung or get in to poison ivy? I think you should just stay in your basement all day to create - you do beautiful work.

Hugs and prayers all around,

quiltingtrish
July 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Sandy - sounds like we are in the same boat! Where are those oars when you need them anyways?

HUGS Sweetie,

rebeccas-sewing
July 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I know I'm going to feel stupid when you tell me, but what the heck is PC? Are we talking about personal computers or what?

SallyO'Sews
July 17th, 2013, 01:24 PM
PC is Politically Correct. It means you must not say anything that might offend someone else, even if that means withholding the truth or not saying what you really think. It is basically tact and diplomacy run amok.

For instance, the PC way to tell me I'm fat is for you to rephrase it to "Calorically Challenged." Which is silly. And besides, I'm not fat for my height; I'm short for my weight. I should be 7'4". That, of course, is not my fault; it's my parents'.

cyndiofthevortex
July 17th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Poor DD Bethany is sick again today. She is having trouble every morning throwing up and she is not pregnant. It is taking so much out of her. It's hard for her to get her energy back after starting the day like that. So I will be helping her with the children again today. She's been checked out by the docs and no one can tell her why she throws up every morning. Anyone ever heard of this before?

It's hot here like everywhere else but that isn't stopping me from getting into my sewing room. I am almost done quilting my batik star wallhanging and I can't wait to show it off! I am so happy with how it is turning out. I didn't like the top, thought it was way too busy, but the quilting is softening it up for me a lot. Besides finishing this quilt today I have no plans except to stay inside in the a/c.

Doloris
July 17th, 2013, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=cyndiofthevortex;347904]Poor DD Bethany is sick again today. She is having trouble every morning throwing up and she is not pregnant. It is taking so much out of her. It's hard for her to get her energy back after starting the day like that. So I will be helping her with the children again today. She's been checked out by the docs and no one can tell her why she throws up every morning. Anyone ever heard of this before?

Cyndi, when my DS was little he wouldn't eat his dinner in the evening (picky eater) and then he got no snacks later(no dinner=no snacks). He would get up, eat breakfast, and off to school. He would sometimes throw up and get sent home from school. Dr told me it was low blood sugar, and suggested he DID get a bedtime snack. After I let him have the snack it mostly stopped. I'm sure she has been checked, but maybe eating before she goes to bed will keep her blood sugar levels higher and she will feel better in morning. Glucose monitors are about $20 at Wmart. Wouldn't hurt to check levels to see what they are.

cyndiofthevortex
July 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=cyndiofthevortex;347904]Poor DD Bethany is sick again today. She is having trouble every morning throwing up and she is not pregnant. It is taking so much out of her. It's hard for her to get her energy back after starting the day like that. So I will be helping her with the children again today. She's been checked out by the docs and no one can tell her why she throws up every morning. Anyone ever heard of this before?

Cyndi, when my DS was little he wouldn't eat his dinner in the evening (picky eater) and then he got no snacks later(no dinner=no snacks). He would get up, eat breakfast, and off to school. He would sometimes throw up and get sent home from school. Dr told me it was low blood sugar, and suggested he DID get a bedtime snack. After I let him have the snack it mostly stopped. I'm sure she has been checked, but maybe eating before she goes to bed will keep her blood sugar levels higher and she will feel better in morning. Glucose monitors are about $20 at Wmart. Wouldn't hurt to check levels to see what they are. Thank you Doloris. I am going to recommend she check into this.

Annabelle013
July 17th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Not sure this is the correct thread to address this, but the question "What is PC? made me think about it. Over the last couple days I have realized I am "Forum Acronym Challenged". I have started jotting down acronyms I see and maybe someone can tell me what they stand for? :)

JRR
DH
DIL
FART (unless it is the obvious, I have two boys)
DD
DGD
DGS
SSS
Any others???

btw... this is a great forum. Very positive and upbeat. Life can be stressful and it is nice you can go somewhere that puts a quick smile on your face.

kensington
July 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Thank goodness it's Wednesday, that means Friday will soon be here.

K. McEuen
July 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Not sure this is the correct thread to address this, but the question "What is PC? made me think about it. Over the last couple days I have realized I am "Forum Acronym Challenged". I have started jotting down acronyms I see and maybe someone can tell me what they stand for? :)

JRR - jelly roll race
DH - Dear Husband (or Dumb Husband, depending on mood)
DIL - daughter in law
FART (unless it is the obvious, I have two boys) - fabric aquisition road trip
DD - Darling/Dear Daughter or Daily Deal
DGD - Darling/Dear grand daughter
DGS - Darling/Dear grand son
SSS - secret santa/sister swap
Any others???

btw... this is a great forum. Very positive and upbeat. Life can be stressful and it is nice you can go somewhere that puts a quick smile on your face.

We are unfortunately becoming a texting society, even if we aren't texting. It's annoying. It's not so hard to type out the word "you" instead of using u. And they wonder why people can't spell

lilmouse
July 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM
JRR - jelly roll race...a type of quilt top made with Jelly Rolls....look on You Tube for Jelly Roll Races...there are several videos out there
DH - dear husband
DIL - dear daughter in law
DD - dear daughter
DGD - dear grand daughter
DGS - dear grand son
SSS - secret santa swap
FART - I can't remember this one but has nothing to do with "gas". LOL
Hope this helps......:icon_wave:

Annabelle013
July 17th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Thank You all for the acronym definitions. :)

MayinJerset
July 17th, 2013, 04:16 PM
PC is Politically Correct. It means you must not say anything that might offend someone else, even if that means withholding the truth or not saying what you really think. It is basically tact and diplomacy run amok.

For instance, the PC way to tell me I'm fat is for you to rephrase it to "Calorically Challenged." Which is silly. And besides, I'm not fat for my height; I'm short for my weight. I should be 7'4". That, of course, is not my fault; it's my parents'.

Just love your PC explanation - another way would be to say "We are just extra fluffy! LOL!

Blondie
July 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Poor DD Bethany is sick again today. She is having trouble every morning throwing up and she is not pregnant. It is taking so much out of her. It's hard for her to get her energy back after starting the day like that. So I will be helping her with the children again today. She's been checked out by the docs and no one can tell her why she throws up every morning. Anyone ever heard of this before?

It's hot here like everywhere else but that isn't stopping me from getting into my sewing room. I am almost done quilting my batik star wallhanging and I can't wait to show it off! I am so happy with how it is turning out. I didn't like the top, thought it was way too busy, but the quilting is softening it up for me a lot. Besides finishing this quilt today I have no plans except to stay inside in the a/c.

Hi Cynthia - hate to read this about dear Bethany! My middle son is 31 and he has had this issue most of his life. He suffers with depression/anxiety issues and trust me, it is a bummer. If you treat one, then the other one needs meds too. He doesn't take anything now because he felt like a zombie all the time. Now he rides that roller coaster solo and is happier once he realized that he is the one in charge of his happiness; let's say it is a work in progress. With young mom's they can get depressed and not even realize it. I am not even speaking of baby blues. I am speaking of hormonal whackiness that is easy enough to address. Since I never had the baby blues, I can only go by what my cousin and some close friends went through.

Either way, the glucose testing is simple enough and perhaps is the simpliest solution.

Blondie
July 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
We are unfortunately becoming a texting society, even if we aren't texting. It's annoying. It's not so hard to type out the word "you" instead of using u. And they wonder why people can't spell

Thanks for the list. I remembered them all but the fart. How could I forget that one! Thanks for the giggles.

kensington
July 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM

This is so true. Being the age I am, I know in Elementary school we practiced penmanship, Phonics, vowels, and all such things of language. Today I meet people who text and facebook or email and I have to wonder if they are illiterate. I don't mean that to seem mean, but... basic spelling? I'm confused. I hate text speak.

ie: "I before E, except after C". "A>E>I> O> U> and sometimes Y" LOL. > ICMU

nyscpa2be
July 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Hi Cynthia - hate to read this about dear Bethany! My middle son is 31 and he has had this issue most of his life. He suffers with depression/anxiety issues and trust me, it is a bummer. If you treat one, then the other one needs meds too. He doesn't take anything now because he felt like a zombie all the time. Now he rides that roller coaster solo and is happier once he realized that he is the one in charge of his happiness; let's say it is a work in progress.

Oh, Blondie, Hugs to you and your son. I know exactly what he is going through - I am on a regemin of 4 anti-depressant meds right now (prozac, Vitamin D, and Remeron), and this isn't the heaviest dose ever. I absolutely have depression, and really think I have anxiety too, possibly bipolar. The roller coaster is the worst!!!! Its so tough getting on the right mix, and then something can come along and change everything. I hope he gets his meds figured out soon!

MRoy
July 17th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I'm happy to report that auntie is home and doing well. The story of the theft of the trailer made the local radio news AND the regional TV news, but thank goodness they only said the trailer was recovered and didn't mention our names. DH doesn't want any razzing from his cronies about buying stolen goods. :) The thief was caught, he confessed, and he told the deputy to tell DH that he'll pay him back. I hope jail time pays good so he'll have plenty of money in order to do that. LOL!

auntiemern
July 18th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Cynthia, have they checked her for an ectopic pregnancy? It may not show up in a standard pregnancy test.

brook
July 18th, 2013, 01:56 AM
One time I had just entered a store, but before walking in I thought of something funny and had a smile on my face. I was amazed at what happened. People, that had "unsmiles", looked at me and started smiling themselves. Some actually started talking to me. If it had been just one person I probably wouldn't have thought much about it, but face after face lit up. Smiling makes everyone feel good! : )