PDA

View Full Version : Money Trackers Templates

Julie Tweed
July 16th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can get a template for tracking monthly expenses. I have a budget planner and it tracks ALL my spending but I would like one that separates each expense so I can see how much is spent in the various categories...

For example a column for Electricity,groceries,gas for the car, eating out, sewing :D..etc. each as a heading on its own...Since the hubby left I am trying to take control of my money and I have a good Idea where it is going, however a full breakdown in addition to the overall picture would be great...I am not well versed in making up excel programs for this sort of thing and was hoping there was a template I could use or someone could help me .

I could do it on a sheet of paper but again I'm not a great organizer and it would probably get lost...lol..

Cheers and thanks for any help offered..
Julie

Bailey65
July 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I am a bookKeeper and I use Quickbooks not sure if your looking for a software program? But you can track it all from that progam.

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Hey, Julie - not stepping up to the plate to offer help but did want to welcome you back. You have truly been missed around here. Good luck finding something that works for you. I just threaten to track things . . .

carrie liz
July 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
For personal use I use Quicken on the computer. I can print out reports of the different categories. You could make columns in Excel. Put the months across the top and the categories in the first column. Each time you charge, debit or write a check, decide if it is a new category or if it falls in one you already have. You can have utilities or split it into gas, electric, water, phone....however you want for your information. I have auto and under that I have fuel, insurance, and repairs.

Julie Tweed
July 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks...have been keeping an eye on the place...just been a wee bit busy(my wee dog broke her leg, the grandkids work etc etc ) and under the weather so to speak...but still sewing..even got a new sewing machine for making jean quilts.

I am just looking for an excel template ( or similar) that does all the totting up for me when I add things into the columns...I can then save each month then go back and see where I have been less than practical with my dosh..:) also would be nice to see how much I make from my sewing...

part of my belated(or early) new year resolution...lol...Hubby always did it so now its time I was a grown up..:0

carrie liz
July 16th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I don't know of a template for Excel. I imagine you would have to adjust any template to suit your needs. Quicken came with a generic template of categories and I used some of them and expanded others. Sorry not to be more help.

nyscpa2be
July 16th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I have a template in Excel that I have made myself - it has a section for the budgeted amount, and then for the actual amount, with a net variance column. Also, I have it set up for multiple checking accounts, so it also acts as a checking account balance. I can zero it all out an send it to you if you want.