PDA

View Full Version : One of our favorite bikin roads

Iris Girl
July 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM
After dinner last night Hubby asked if I wanted to take a ride. So I got my long pants on and grabbed my helmet and gloves. This is one of my favorite rides. If any of you are bikers, being on the back of a bike is the freest thing to flying unless your a bird. It is sooo relaxing and going through these curves rocks you oohhh so gently. nothing like the wind in your face.

asta
July 16th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Nice, my DH and I enjoy a ride along the Lake Michigan coast on a hot humid summer day.

Alpha O
July 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM
It is nice unless you are on a mountain road with a drop off on one side and no guardrail. If you are the passenger, it can get freaky.
We have quite a few roads and highways like that here.

I've driven roads like that with a Spitfire and my passenger went nuts. He was the one on the side with no guard rail and the top down on the car.

shannonsaulter
July 16th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Oh I miss being on a bike...lol but getting hit with a bug at 70mph is no fun...lol

cyndiofthevortex
July 16th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I owned a bike while in college and loved it! This road would be a blast to drive down.

Iris Girl
July 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Not to mention needle rain when you get caught in it. LOL

pcbatiks
July 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM
That looks like a beautiful drive!

Iris Girl
July 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM
That looks like a beautiful drive! It is by bike or car the neversink river is down below . We always seem to be drawn to the water. hudson, the neversink, or the reservoirs. we have quite a few in our area.

New York Sue
July 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Ah, you're practically in my backyard, chica!
If this looks at all familiar to some, they have filmed a car commercial or two, along this stretch of highway along the Delaware River. (The Neversink is a tributary that dumped in a couple of miles down river, April. So your just a tad off mark...) ;)
Beautiful stretch of highway, no doubt.

Iris Girl
July 16th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Ah, you're practically in my backyard, chica!
If this looks at all familiar to some, they have filmed a car commercial or two, along this stretch of highway along the Delaware River. (The Neversink is a tributary that dumped in a couple of miles down river, April. So your just a tad off mark...) ;)
Beautiful stretch of highway, no doubt.
Yep your right and I met the Delaware.. we also ride along the neversink, just got my fingers ahead of my brain. This is our stomping grounds I was born and lived all my life in this area. It is a beautiful area with all the mountains, rivers and wetlands.

Yes there were a few car commercials shot on this stretch of road we used to see them on TV. gorgeous area except when it floods and washes the road out.

New York Sue
July 16th, 2013, 06:48 PM
We truly are blessed, April.
And we'll never run out of water...