PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
July 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies

Tuesdays. Tuesdays used to be my most favorite day of the week some years back. It used to be my official day off, I had all sorts of things planned for that day and always seemed to get 'er done. Tuesday was the day I would go to thrift stores, bake cookies for the week, paint on anything that would be still and was also my laundry day. Somewhere along the way things changed. The kids grew up and left home, I ran out of things to paint and thrift stores are the price of dept stores these days (at least around here) Still, perhaps I will make a batch of cookies up today and go look at paint chips for the living room. I may decide to paint a mural on a wall! Who knows.

It will be a great day! I can feel it in my bones. Smile everyone!

HandsOffItsMine
July 16th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Got up super early 'cause I had the weirdest dreams! :( Nothing a good cup of Joe couldn't fix!!

Blondie, I'm not painting no mural on my rented walls! I want my security deposit back! lol

Today I need to get my roots done, so wish you were closer GF. Your talented hands are needed oh so badly. There is a landing strip on my head.

Also need to straighten out the house before Thursday as that's my biopsy day. A bit worried how my Fibro body will react to the procedure. It's like a crap shoot, never know! A small trip over a doorstop can put me in bed for a week, so no telling what this will do since we're going through nerve endings. Mentally I'm feeling pretty strong. Going to beat this BC along with Marilyn...we're holding hand together through cyberspace. :)

The kids are excited, they were able to buy/close their first house with an FHA loan. YeaHoo!!! Didn't write about it, promised Kat 'cause she didn't want to jinx it. lol They ordered the boys beds and should be moving in this weekend or the next. Will be strange having an empty house...but kind of nice. hehe Only 4 minutes away, so the grandbabies will be here or we'll be there.

Well folks, time for that second cup of Joe. Have a great day all.

Huggers, Ruby

Monique
July 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Good morning you two. Ruby, you did fall out of bed, didn't you? LOL!! Ruby, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Another HOT HOT day today. I had a two hour nap at my desk yesterday. I don't have air conditioning, just a fan and it was hot. Today will be more of the same. Could be another nap in there.

I am not doing much quilting these days. I have brought embroidery with me, so that is what I am working on at the moment. I would like to share this with you if you haven't already seen this.

Ottawa couple weds in craft store - Ottawa - CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/07/14/ottawa-couple-wed-in-craft-store-kanata.html)

**Update**My niece's dogs have not been found yet.

Have a great day friends.

Madeforyouinma11
July 16th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Morning all....
Blondie, I'm not painting murals, but I am painting. I painted the walls in Julia's room yesterday. They are done, touch ups and all! Today, I will do another, hopefully the last coat on the trim and then prime the furniture. I am painting the crib and the small bureau white. That will take a few days between prime and paint. She doesn't live here but will have her own room for when she comes over. I will be taking care of her when my daughter goes back to work, so it will get lots of good use.
Today will be 91 but the humidity will be a little lower today. I'm still gonna stay inside with the AC thank you..lol
Ruby, you are in my prayers.
Monique, two hour nap at work?! That's great..if I could have done that, I wouldn't have quit. Lol That couple getting married in the craft store...that's different.
Well, off to finish reading and then on to painting. Have a great day everyone. Prayers and ((hugs)) to all.

aliaslaceygreen
July 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Good morning! Yea! Finally got Chrome to let me post from here!!
Have to work tonight, darn. And more new frigging rules that there is no time available to implement. whatever.

I worked on sorting the last few days, and now have a motley collection of random on my cutting table that I don't quite know where to put. But that means I am almost finished with my little run thru of organization and should be able to quilt on Thursday!

Hoping everyone is well....take care and stay cool!

WendyI
July 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Morning everyone!

Blondie, as usual you make me think about having a positive day and that's more than I can do for myself some days so thanks again!

Ruby, that's wonderful news for your DK's! And to have them so close as well...you are very lucky. Will be thinking about you on Thursday.

Monique, I haven't looked yet but that wedding thing is just weird! LOL!

The next week will be busy for me at work in the extreme and I'm behind on my sociology course so no time for anything but those two things and missing my boy. So best get to it!

Have a wonderful day all!! xox

Precious1
July 16th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Good morning forum folks. Today I'm asking for extra prayers for my 11 year old daughter. She's going to have 6 teeth surgically removed. I know she's in Gods hands, I'm just asking for a quick and painless recovery.

Over40momma
July 16th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Top of the mornin' to you all. We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Toronto and all the kids and I are doing is trying to keep from turning into melting puddles. With the humidex it is over 100 at 9:30 in the morning. Staying positive by trying to remember all those cold days where you think your feet will never thaw out. :lol:

Spending a lot of time in my basement picking out some bad rows of stitching. Have some placemats to square up and then bind. Got a table topper I am working on for my brother for Christmas.

Prayers for those who need them on their way and wishing everyone a great day!

pcbatiks
July 16th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Good morning everyone! Blondie.....how in the world could you make cookies that would last all week?! :D. Homemade cookies never last that long around here! Hope you all have a good day!

cyndiofthevortex
July 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Another wonderful day of heat and humidity! Bring it on! It beats the alternative in my book.

I have a little time this morning to sew then I am the on-duty Grammie for the afternoon. I don't really know what I'm going to do with the three little boys but I don't think we'll be going outside. Maybe it's time for some new homemade play-dough.

I have joined our local quilting guild recently and tonight is this month's meeting. That's something to look forward to, isn't it?

Jean Sewing Machine
July 16th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Hello, back from Sisters, OR for the quilt show, It will take me a while to get my pictures online. It was a good trip but lots of bad stuff went on at home while I was away. Broken AC, and my daughter's closing on her house did not happen, the buyer couldn't get her financing in order. Lots of tears because that means the contract for the beautiful home in Atlanta (just down the road from Ruby!) might go away. Things are looking a bit more positive to get the whole mess cleaned up as of yesterday, so it might be OK. Hopefully! In the meantime, I am hosting them and their two dogs here, which is not my first choice for roommates, nor my Al the cat's first choice, but so far, it is working out OK. SIL is finding lots of DIY projects to work on. He cleaned out a hidden trap door on my front loader washer, and found a whole bankload of change, mixed in with some pins, needles, earrings, and I have no one to blame for this except myself! Thank you, dear SIL, for your help!

Need to hit it heavy in the costume department. I'll have to ignore my treasures I bought while in Oregon for another couple of weeks. They sure do have the fabric superstores in Portland. I went to Fabric Depot last year, and didn't think I could find a bigger fabric store. But no, over there in Milwaukie (near Don's mom's house!) they have the Mill End Store--Oh boy, they've got it all there! Got some really cute stuff, plus talked my sis into trying a quilt made with jelly rolls, which were $13.99 for a 50 strip roll! They had limited selection, and I already have two of the designs that they were selling, but I got a third set of designs. Can't beat the price, and the fabric isn't poor quality, I've made a bunch of stuff with these Stripz jelly rolls, and they work up fine. I got one fabric that you will all die laughing at when you see it and what they named it!

Hope all have a great day, prayers for our forum friends who are facing serious medical issues.

MayinJerset
July 16th, 2013, 11:25 AM
It's a late Good Morning from me as I have spent most of the morning playing with resizing photos. Got that done using advice from forum members. Here is one I just came across, it is grandson Ben lifting a toast at DGD Christine's wedding last June. No he didn't drink the champagne.

Now, off to Joann's to buy some fabrics for Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In. I have several 50% coupons for reg. priced items and hope I can use them for the fabrics I want. Want to get there early as it going to be very hot this afternoon. Later, May

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Ahhhh, the sound of little children having fun! (NOT) . . . all I can hear this morning are grumps and groans, fussing and fighting . . . I want to tie a couple of them together so they have to get used to being close . . . anyone need a new kid or two?

Of course, you know I'm just kidding, but there are days that I wish they all had mute buttons. I'm working on having those installed before birth but I don't think my idea will go over well . . .

Tore up my mower yesterday - that's what happens when you live in the woods and try to get grass to grow. Don't know what I hit but something caused a bolt to be sheered off and now the mower deck won't raise or lower correctly. Hope we're able to get it hooked up properly today . . . otherwise we'll have call in the big boys and start baling hay.

The sun is out, the birds are singing, the cats are fighting . . . I'm off here to cause my own troubles.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQni6y53okIqHExUCVSrN8eEv6VAppt9 OOioicLqJVpxioB04VqrQ (http://bethhartdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/09/monday-motivation-optimism-and.html)

nyscpa2be
July 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Morning All!

I'm not sure how hot it is outside - I haven't ventured out yet, but I need to run to WM and JoAnns - and I'm afraid to as my car doesn't have AC. Need to get backing for a mug rug surprise forum mail, and backing for a 50" wide baby quilt. After I find a calculator for backing that is - the top is about 48" square, so I need to piece together backing and batting - now how in the world do I do that?????

I have class tonight, and need to finish a report on Green Mountain Coffee Roasters before then, so I might skip the WM and JoAnns trip until tomorrow, when I have the day off though.

Stay cool everyone! I'm inside with AC and two fans - and I don't care what my electric bill looks like next month!

<3 Amy

auntiemern
July 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Blondie, Tigger is my all time favorite animated character. I know you will find something happy to do today.
Ruby, holding your hand as we face the unknown together.
Jean, can't wait to see pics of your treasures.
Precious, prayers for you GD. Wow 11 teeth.
Think I am gonna pack up and head to the lake for a week.
Sewed up some HST to make a PICU quilt, and got the squares sewn around some 4" blocks to make a little 'big star' quilt. Not sure what else I will take with me to work on. Only so much room in the truck and the trailer we keep there.
Better get crackin'. Hugs and blessings to all, Prayers for those in need. Special ones for those that have really bad struggles going on.

Sharyn J
July 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
It's HOT, go early. Joann's has 50% off coupons right now and they allowed me to use all four coupons I had. Usually it's only on reg. priced stuff, but through the 20th of July, you can use the coupons for anything. Be sure to run off coupons from your computer and take a bunch with you. Batting is also on sale.

I use the Robert Kaufman app for my phone. You can get it free at the Google Play store. I have an inexpensive android phone, and it works great to help you figure out how much fabric you need.

Kendra Long
July 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Ahhhh, the sound of little children having fun! (NOT) . . . all I can hear this morning are grumps and groans, fussing and fighting . . . I want to tie a couple of them together so they have to get used to being close . . . anyone need a new kid or two?

Of course, you know I'm just kidding, but there are days that I wish they all had mute buttons. I'm working on having those installed before birth but I don't think my idea will go over well . . .

Tore up my mower yesterday - that's what happens when you live in the woods and try to get grass to grow. Don't know what I hit but something caused a bolt to be sheered off and now the mower deck won't raise or lower correctly. Hope we're able to get it hooked up properly today . . . otherwise we'll have call in the big boys and start baling hay.

The sun is out, the birds are singing, the cats are fighting . . . I'm off here to cause my own troubles.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQni6y53okIqHExUCVSrN8eEv6VAppt9 OOioicLqJVpxioB04VqrQ (http://bethhartdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/09/monday-motivation-optimism-and.html)

Sounds like you are keeping busy, Sandy! I thought I saw you out mowing on Sunday. By the time I had convinced Kyle that it was you, it was too late to honk! Just wanted to say 'HI' as I haven't been on here in a while. Hoping to make it to the next meeting!

Precious1
July 16th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Good morning forum folks. Today I'm asking for extra prayers for my 11 year old daughter. She's going to have 6 teeth surgically removed. I know she's in Gods hands, I'm just asking for a quick and painless recovery.

UPDATE- My daughter made it out well out of the surgery. She is swollen and sore, but doing great. Got her to the hotel, gave her some meds and ice pack. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

kensington
July 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Sandy... once my mother in law duct taped my niece's mouth shut. Now, she would NEVER try that with one of my kids, I'd rip her head off... but your post reminded me of the incident. Poor Michelle, all she wanted was to have her Strawberries separate from her cake.

Tuesday is Taco day... it always makes me smile! Woot!

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Sandy... once my mother in law duct taped my niece's mouth shut. Now, she would NEVER try that with one of my kids, I'd rip her head off... but your post reminded me of the incident. Poor Michelle, all she wanted was to have her Strawberries separate from her cake.

Tuesday is Taco day... it always makes me smile! Woot!

You really think I'd get in trouble if I duct taped one of them to the ceiling?

toggpine
July 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Sandy,
Let the grass grow. Bale it and sell it for fabric $$. they are getting $4 to $5 for a small bale (65-70 #) around here. Once the yard it mowed and baled, put in some of that portable electric fence and stick the kids out there. You can cross divide each section so they have their very own "playpen". More or less that is what we did to Emily. We just made it look like a farm by putting some goats in the pasture.

Sorry, I have hay on the brain. We spent the last two days picking, hauling, and stacking it in the barn. We make the extra effort to travel to the southern hay fields to get the nice orchard grass for the girls. It's only about $1 more per bale than the local grass hay and it has better nutrition. We may make a run to eastern WA later this fall for some alfalfa if I can keep from buying fabric & threads! Then we'll be all set for another year of goat raising.

So now, I've had a shower and it sounds as if hubby is going to take us out for supper! Whoo Hoo! Then, my guess is we'll pretty much crash out.

Hugs and prayers to all of my quilty friends here.

Miss Sheri
July 16th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Hi sweet friends,
I got up at 6:00 am to pull weeds and trim shrubs before the heat set in. I ended up working four hours straight as it was overcast here today and I didn't become too uncomfortably hot, so it was the 'energizer bunny' mode for me this morning. By the time I came inside and showered, I was so stiff and sore that I just went back to bed and slept until 4:00 pm! I feel MUCH better now. Still, kind of a weird half waisted day. Maybe I'll make some homemade cookies today too . . . naw, the kids are all at camps or work this week, I would eat them all myself! Better stick to fresh strawberries.
Prayers and best wishes to one and all . . . especially Ruby and Marilyn and the various others fighting very hard battles.

Happy vibes to each of you!
~Sheri