PDA

View Full Version : Glucose in urine?

grandma of 6
July 15th, 2013, 11:39 PM
My DIL took my 5 yr. old grandson to the dr. today because he was having severe headaches and then threw up. She also mentioned to the dr. that he urinates an extreme amount of times during the day. The dr. ran a urine test and then called my DIL back to say that there was glucose in his urine. He's having a blood test tomorrow after fasting tonight.
I guess I'm just asking for prayers. I just hope it's not diabetes!

Slamelung
July 15th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Wishing the best for your grandson.

New York Sue
July 15th, 2013, 11:53 PM
This happened with my middle child. Routine dipstick in the pediatrician's office. GLUCOSE showed up. YIKES!
Turned out to be nothing at all....

She is a healthy 28 year-old, today.

ilive2craft2
July 15th, 2013, 11:56 PM
I am a type 2 diabetic, diagnosed a little over a year ago. Keeping your family in my prayers.

SallyO'Sews
July 16th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Praying for your entire family!

Kaytessa
July 16th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Praying for an excellent test report and peace for you and your family. May this dear child be as healthy as can be.

auntiemern
July 16th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Praying for this little man, and his family.

Annabelle013
July 16th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Praying for your grandson and family. Hopefully all will be okay.

MayinJerset
July 16th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Praying for your grandson and family. Hopefully all will be okay.

Adding my prayers also. May

rebeccas-sewing
July 16th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Hoping and praying it's not anything serious. If it is diabetes I'm sure they'll get him straightened out. I see that things in that area have improved immensely in terms of controlling it. I know it will be very upsetting if it is indeed diabetes. The only thing you can do is try and look at the bigger picture. We always have to try and remind ourselves that there are worse-case scenarios.

Renate
July 16th, 2013, 06:52 AM
hugs and prayers for you and your grandson

Monique
July 16th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I hope all is okay.

Over40momma
July 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on how he is doing. :icon_hug:

asta
July 16th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I have had type 1 diabetes since I was a child, had some difficult times but I survived thus far. Really hope and pray it is just a fluke.
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

grandma of 6
July 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Wow....I posted this topic as a way of just sharing my fear for my grandson, but I never expected so many supportive replies. You are the best!
News came back this morning that his urine is clear of glucose. They are still waiting for blood test results to confirm a few other things, but at least diabetes is being ruled out.
Again, thanks for all the support.

Blondie
July 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I am just seeing this thread; I will certainly pray for you and yours. With our kiddos it can be quite anxious for us. Happy to read that diabetes is being ruled out.
My oldest son used to go to boy scout camp each year. One year he had a heat stroke and had blood in his urine for quite a while. It took all my reserve to NOT hover.
You are being surrounded by prayer warriors, girlfriend.

Blessings
Blondie

Miss Sheri
July 16th, 2013, 08:57 PM
That is really good news, about the diabetes being ruled out. Still holding him in our thoughts and prayers.

ilive2craft2
July 16th, 2013, 09:00 PM
That is good news! Hopefully, it was just a fluke. Is his headache, etc gone?