PDA

View Full Version : Well the sewing room is shut down for the summer.....

sally
July 15th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I have officially closed the sewing room...well actually just tidied up, put my sewing supplies away :(...set up the spare bed and getting ready for the house sitters. I managed to get 6 Canadian pillow cases sewn and 2 Maple leaf table toppers done though. Going to give them as thank you gifts for the big trip...yep less than 2 weeks and off to Europe. I am trying not to get too excited...more pensive actually. You see I am competing in a swimming competition in Belfast and have never swam in competition before. I used a starting block for the first last week and swam in a 50 m pool in a neighbouring city...our town pool is 25 m. I am off to the pool tonight to keep up my practice. Too keep my hands busy I will make yo-yos I guess. In about 5 years or so I will have enough for a quilt...lol

Well just wanted to share a gab I guess....take care all...TTYL

Grandma G
July 15th, 2013, 11:37 PM
A swimming competition??? Gosh, you never cease to amaze... Good luck with the competition and have a wonderful time on your trip. Next thing we are going to read is that you are going to see the new royal baby!! Have tons of fun! we'll try to behave while you are gone. :icon_wave:

ilive2craft2
July 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
When I first read your post, I was sad, since you were closing up the sewing room for summer, but then read the rest about your trip. That sounds like a lot of fun. Competition swimming? Wow, I haven't even been in a real swimming pool for years. I used to love to swim. Maybe I should start that back up again. It is great exercise. Can't wait to hear how you did in the competition and how much fun you had on your trip.

SallyO'Sews
July 16th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Seems to me a quilter would be great at swimming off a starting BLOCK!! (Sorry... I just could not resist...) :lol:
Have a great time, safe travels, and don't forget to post pics!

K. McEuen
July 16th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I hope you enjoy your vacation and do well in your swim meet. ;)

auntiemern
July 16th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Have fun above all else. Enjoy your swim meet.

MayinJerset
July 16th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Good Luck for the swim meet and have a Great Time competing and touring Europe. May

Sew Perfect
July 16th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Well, have a wonderful time in Europe! Maybe you can buy some fabric from each country and make an around the world quilt. Would have loved to see your maple leaf table toppers.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 16th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Have fun and good luck with the swim meet! My kids all swam and I coached several teams. Felt like chlorine was coming out of my pores from smelling it every day!

rebeccas-sewing
July 16th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Seems to me a quilter would be great at swimming off a starting BLOCK!! (Sorry... I just could not resist...) :lol:
Have a great time, safe travels, and don't forget to post pics!

Good one, Sally! LOL

Give us some details! Where will you stay - dormitory, apartment....? In which events will you take part? How did you hear about this particular competition? Take lots of pics and post please. You know we love the visual. Oh, and GOOD LUCK!!!

Blondie
July 16th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Shauna
I am excited for you! What a wonderful thing to do. I always knew you would be adventurous. Enjoy and please take loads of pics.
Blessings
Blondie

I have officially closed the sewing room...well actually just tidied up, put my sewing supplies away :(...set up the spare bed and getting ready for the house sitters. I managed to get 6 Canadian pillow cases sewn and 2 Maple leaf table toppers done though. Going to give them as thank you gifts for the big trip...yep less than 2 weeks and off to Europe. I am trying not to get too excited...more pensive actually. You see I am competing in a swimming competition in Belfast and have never swam in competition before. I used a starting block for the first last week and swam in a 50 m pool in a neighbouring city...our town pool is 25 m. I am off to the pool tonight to keep up my practice. Too keep my hands busy I will make yo-yos I guess. In about 5 years or so I will have enough for a quilt...lol

Well just wanted to share a gab I guess....take care all...TTYL

Monique
July 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Shauna, I so envy you. I KNOW you will have an awesome trip and we want lots of pics when you get back. Best of luck at the swim competition.

Bubby
July 16th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Good luck with the swim meet and have a terrific trip! Stay Safe.

Over40momma
July 16th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Enjoy the adventure, leave the nervousness at home and have a great time Shauna.

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Have a SWIMMING good time!!

sally
July 25th, 2013, 11:42 PM
OK Gang...1 more sleep and we are off. Have a great summer all everyone...will give you all the details when I get back!