PDA

View Full Version : Sean Misner is home - one of the 19 that died in the Arizona Fire

BellasQuilts
July 15th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I came home tonight and there were at least 20 fire trucks, police, etc. all dressed to the nine's gathering at the local high school to honor local Sean Misner, who died in the Arizona fire. We only have about 2,000 here in our town, and they expect double that in the High school stadium tonight for his memorial. DD is covering the story as the local reporter. She knew him (who doesn't she know?!) and will probably have a tough time of it.

I am so proud of our little town for supporting Sean and his family as a community. Nice to see we support the good guys, wish we did it when they are alive instead of giving their lives to protect us.

RIP Sean.

nyscpa2be
July 15th, 2013, 11:05 PM
As a member of a fire family (dad was interior qualified, and a president of a volunteer company, mom is secretary of the auxilury), just remembering these heroes and their ultimate sacrifice made me start tearing up. Rest in Peace Heroes.

auntiemern
July 16th, 2013, 01:07 AM
What a wonderful tribute though. There are those of us that think of what they do daily. Maybe because we know one or two. Never take them for granted. They are hero's every day.

MayinJerset
July 16th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this great memorial service for a fallen hero.

Sew Perfect
July 16th, 2013, 02:28 AM
It makes me sad when I think of people dieing so tragically. You have a good town and I really do hope your daughter will be okay while missing the man she once knew. It's hard, I know.

rebeccas-sewing
July 16th, 2013, 06:09 AM
The husbands of two of my Bunco pals have fought many fires over the years. Luckily, both have survived their careers. They both moved on to become fire chiefs and have now retired. One is teaching at the fire academy and the other has finally REALLY retired. I've always been so impressed with these two guys. I'm proud to call them my friends.

I think it's wonderful that your town is coming out to honor this young man in a big way, Megan. I do wonder why we don't have more public events to honor our warriors. I suppose they don't fight fires for the pat on the back but for their devotion to protecting their communities and their citizens. Anyone who chooses these dangerous careers and also those who volunteer are what I choose to call "my knights in shining armor!"

Over40momma
July 16th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I agree Rebecca, but wish we wouldn't wait until they were gone. I try to teach my kids that these are the real heroes (police, fireman, military personnel, etc.) in life.....not the waste of space celebrities who contribute nothing but selfishness.

Sandy Navas
July 16th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I agree Rebecca, but wish we wouldn't wait until they were gone. I try to teach my kids that these are the real heroes (police, fireman, military personnel, etc.) in life.....not the waste of space celebrities who contribute nothing but selfishness.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BellasQuilts
July 16th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Here is a link to the story that DD wrote for the paper Fallen firefighter honored (http://santamariatimes.com/news/local/fallen-firefighter-honored/article_f3e72d3a-ede0-11e2-8eb7-001a4bcf887a.html)

DD said she cried through the whole ceremony.

You need Kleenex to watch the video. What a town I live in!