PDA

View Full Version : My Weekend....

EnumclawGramma
July 15th, 2013, 02:04 PM
The much anticipated Surprise party for my Son Joshua was Saturday. We worked toward this day for a couple months! With nearly 50 people here I have to say it was a HUGE success! He had NO idea, and was totally surprised! After the big reveal, my 13 year old grandaughter came out of the crowd singing Happy Birthday Marilyn Monroe style on a sound system and it was AWESOME. Complete with blonde wig. I got to bed that night at 3:30 (AM) and there were still a few at the bonfire! Many spent the night, and we had a wonderful country style breakfast Sunday morning.

I am exhausted, and happy it all went so well. But now I'm ready to go into my sewing room and stay there for awhile. (That is, AFTER I get the inflatable queen size bed out of there!) Here's a couple pics of the big day:

The last photo is my DGD singing for everyone later in the evening with my DH. Not clear I know, but it was a moment.

Oh! Forgot to mention, Kelly....My soldier came! He and my son Josh had not seen eachother since HS Graduation. Love that boy! I think I'll adopt him.

kensington
July 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
We have big parties all the time, so I know how much work it is. So glad you pulled off the surprise. It appears as though all of your guests are happy and content. That is what matters. You did very well!

Miss Sheri
July 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM
It looks like it was a blast! And look at those darling table runners! You Rock!

rebeccas-sewing
July 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Looks like it was lots of fun! Love the tumbler table runners!

K. McEuen
July 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM
And you are not still in bed?

kensington
July 15th, 2013, 03:05 PM
And you are not still in bed?

I know, right? I have an afternoon with the grandkids and have to sleep in the next day to rest my poor beaten body!

She should get a nap and massage!

mom4him
July 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Looks like a great time was had by all. Yes, now the recupe!LOL

SallyO'Sews
July 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
So happy for you, Libby! Love the tumbler runners - and wouldn't you just know your quilty friends are looking at those as much as at your guests! :lol:

kensington
July 15th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Did you use your Mug Rugs? Huh? Huh? Did you use your mug rugs? :D

Bubby
July 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Lib, It looks like everyone had a terrific time...nice day, good company and good food! I love gatherings like that. We do huge bonfires in the Fall that often last all weekend. It's so nice to be able to share your home and yourself with your family and friends.

Lilly
July 15th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Your property is so beautiful, even the umbrellas are bright and cheerful - and I'm amazed you let people eat hot dogs with condiments on your beautiful tumblers! Kudos for a job obviously well done. Savor the moment - heck savor a few of them!

ilive2craft2
July 16th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Looks like all of the prep work paid off - everyone looks like they had fun. I also spied the table runners - they are so cute! Take a well deserved break - use that queen mattress for a nap (or two).

Ginny B
July 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Looks like a great party. And how about those tumbler table runners. Love 'em.

Glad your ds was surprised. Get some rest now.

Ginny B