PDA

View Full Version : Monday!

Blondie
July 15th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Hello Folksies! Let's welcome a new week.

I am so tickled to do a quick scan before I type up this post. Good news from all over the globe it seems! Our Klaisen sharing the good news not only of her trip, but Douwe's healing news. And our Marilyn - what can I say? Your attitude is a great asset to have with a great surgeon. I am trusting the Great Physician to be guiding the hand of your local one.
And Sandy, Sandy, Sandy - what a beautiful bundle of joy! I am certain the sisters are going to be the very bestest sissies in the world. Our other Sandy, glad that Richard is doing better, he continues to be in my prayers. And all of our other prayer requests, written and those unspoken here on the forum - you know you are in my prayers.

What's on tap for you today and this week? I have to see a doctor this afternoon. All last week I suffered with a horrible migraine; it lasted longer than mine usually do and it came out of the blue; also unusual for me. I figured with all the stress at workplace, humidity and mold from all the rain, etc etc, no big deal. Never even considered my allergies. On Saturday I woke up to a very swollen face and realized that I have a sinus infection. So, short of going to the ER, I have been doctoring myself and it has worked so far, just need some anti-bi's I am thinking.
Now, this is minor, but, have you ever noticed how crappola always happens in bunches? You know I am right. For example, on Friday evening, when I got off of work, Sis and I were going down to have dinner with Mom. Mom was not answering her phone, so we were driving there. She was at the house across from us (my uncle's old house).
She had stopped there to get a chair or two for company coming. When she arrived, she realized the house had been broken into. Oy. After we called the law, did the report, I was standing with the cops, etc, and could hear my Gracie scream. I didn't even run to my lil truck. I ran to the house. Luscious was getting her into the house. She had been swarmed by yellow jackets that had built under the deck close to her food dish. Poor baby was as swollen as me. She is also fine now. Okay, so you see what I mean. All at once, very much crappola, trying to make me upset with poor lil ol me stuff. And I am not speaking of at least a half dozen other things that were also in that time line. You do know how this goes!

My Mom has always maintained that the enemy of our soul only attacks in one of three ways - finances, family or health, since that is what we all count as our important in our lives. Sometimes, it is all at once, sometimes just in one area.
But.
It happens like this for everyone at some time or other.
Life goes on even if you don't feel like smiling. Life does not revolve around me, ask my permission for a thing and certainly has made me an expert at lemonade. Again, I KNOW you know what I mean.

Well, this turned out to be another novel. Oy. Have a wonderful day, beautiful week. Think happy thoughts even if you find it easier to have vain imaginations. Let's continue to be the type of friend to each one here that we need to have in return. Oh, and yes, don't forget to smile. Find a silly song and sing it. I find foolish stuff online to make me laugh.

Blessings, hugs and loads of prayers to each of my precious ones here.

Monique
July 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning. Poor you, poor Gracie. I hope you all feel better soon.

Well I had a fantastic weekend. Came home Saturday after work and insisted that I was not going to be stuck in the house when the weather was so beautiful. The men couldn't make definite plans. I told them they were going fishing and then have a BBQ after. Fishing didn't pan out, but spent the day with friends at the lake, even took a dip, the neighbour next door and a friend, stopped by with his pontoon boat and we were out for a tour. Had a wonderful BBQ. Yesterday we had two birthday parties to attend. My great niece turns 5 and my brother turned 55. Had a wonderful time.

We are in for a scorcher of a week. Today is expected to be around 90 but will feel like 102 with the humidity. It is expected to last until Thursday. This is my last week of work.

So on that note, I wish you all a wonderful day.

rebeccas-sewing
July 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
My goodness! Poor you and poor pup! I guess you guys better make sure to have lots of Benydryl on hand for emergencies. A little more detail on the break-in please. I'm assuming they/he/she broke in while your mom was at the neighbor's house? Yikes. If so, someone was definitely scoping out her place. Any leads on who might've done it? It's always incredible to me how brazen some criminals are. Just so glad she didn't surprise them with her return. That could've been a much worse ending.

Madeforyouinma11
July 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning everyone!
Blondie, I hope you're feeling better. Allergies sure are a pain in the neck sometimes. I am bothered by them at times too. Poor Gracie! Hope she's feeling better.
Well, yesterday I worked in my little Julia's room. I haven't done much in there lately and I needed to give myself a kick and get on it. I did another coat on all of the trim, and primed the ceiling. Today, I'm going to paint the walls. Lately, unfinished projects are driving me crazy, and I have so many. The goal is to finish her room and move on to the next unfinished project. I'm hoping to finish my COC between tonight and tomorrow so I can get that into the mail.
The weather here has been very hot and super humid. Right now it's 75 with 88% humidity but its supposed to reach 90. I think staying indoors in the AC to paint is a really good idea today. Lawn was cut on Friday, so that's all set for a few days.
Well, off to the paint store and getting to those UFO's that are all over my house... Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Sending prayers and ((hugs)) to all my friends here in the forum..we all need them.
Toodles for now..I'll check in later to see what everyone is up to. :)

Blondie
July 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
My goodness! Poor you and poor pup! I guess you guys better make sure to have lots of Benydryl on hand for emergencies. A little more detail on the break-in please. I'm assuming they/he/she broke in while your mom was at the neighbor's house? Yikes. If so, someone was definitely scoping out her place. Any leads on who might've done it? It's always incredible to me how brazen some criminals are. Just so glad she didn't surprise them with her return. That could've been a much worse ending.

Rebecca,
not sure when the break in happened. Nothing for them to take 'cept old junky furniture. It has been vacant for the past year or so, up until then, rented out very regularly. They literally kicked the door in, breaking off the frame. There has not been any break ins or theft on our peaceful road in forever. Used to know when mischief was about, when a certain young man with a large drug problem lived a few doors down with his grand dad. I doubt they (the culprits) will be back since there was nothing of value inside. The house is located across the road from us, sort of catty cornered. We can see very well from our front yard but not from inside our home. My brother said he heard voices on Thursday night about 9 pm - male and female, figured it was hubs and I. I doubt that burglars would be yakking it up; after all at 9 pm here, it is not totally dark yet. So . . .
alls well that ends well. We will get hub's brother to help with a new door and frame, etc. He's a carpenter, so that is a huge blessing.

MRoy
July 15th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I hope you, Gracie, and your mom have no more bad luck. They say it comes in threes, so maybe you've had your three. I'm headed back to work today after a long weekend. Ugh! With my Fridays off, I have 11 more days. But today is payday so that's good. Have a great Monday.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone! I'm at my sister's house and until about two hours ago, had no access to her wifi! They FORGOT the access code. Then in the middle of the night, I remembered it is printed on the bottom of the modem, which is right next to my bed! Whoohoo! Now I can forum chat!

Went to the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show Saturday. It was a beautiful day, and there were soooo many quilts on display. I'll post pictures when I get home and can download from my camera.

Sorry to hear your news about feeling lousy, Blondie, and about your poor doggie! Hope you all get better soon. And Sandy's little granddaughter is precious! And Marilyn, we're your prayer warriors!

Going back home today, we may get to fabric depot or the mill end store today on our way to the airport. I have a little room left in my suitcase!

Bubby
July 15th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Morning,

Blondie, sorry to hear about you and little Gracie...that's a heck of a way to spend the weekend. I am happy to hear Mom has enough spunk to get around again, although I'm sure you would rather she do something other than rummage through the old house without letting anyone know ahead of time. I hope your doc appointment goes well today.

We had a good weekend. The girls are settling down a bit although Dottie still has an u pset tummy, so I'm doctoring her myself. If she doesn't improve today another trip to the vet will be on our schedule.

Our sunrise this morning was spectacular. Jeff and I sit on the front porch in our rockers almost every day to watch the new dawn...we love sunrises and sunsets.

I got onto some websites yesterday and found some awesome paper pieced patterns, many of which were free. I didn't realize that Craftsy had a huge selection of them. Just go to Craftsy and type paper pieced patterns into the search bar and page after page will come up. The freebies are mixed in with the ones for sale. I found a darling Scottie pattern and one that has vintages dresses...too cute! Not that I have time to sit and sew right now.

Great news about Douwe! Wasn't it just a year ago we were making his quilt? My prayers continue for our Marilyn and the with prayer needs. Please help me pray for Summer K...she will be having her baby in a few weeks. She's such a sweet girl and she lost her Mom not long ago.

I'm off to feed two hungry little Scotties their breakfast. Olive will tear me apart if she doesn't get something to eat soon.

Wishing everyone a great Monday. Hugs, Barb

Iris Girl
July 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
sorry to hear about you and Gracie hop all gets better. Looks like another week of HHH. I hate this weather it makes me literally sick to my stomach. Didin't sleep well last night too hot. Off to work now hope the AC works ok there in this heat. Have not been doing alot of sewing since its so hot. Hugs and well wishes to all that need and want them.

Shirley
July 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Hi Blondie,
So sorry to hear you aren't feeling your usual self :D Hope they get to the bottom of that. Those headaches can be horrible. Sorry about your poor little Gracie. Hope she's better today.
Hope you have a better week.

MayinJerset
July 15th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Good Day Gals, Hope Blondie and Gracie are both on the mend today. Was planning a trip to Joann's this after noon but might postpone it as we are supposed to be having a heat wave beginning today. Think an early trip there tomorrow morning might be better. Need to pick up some fabrics for Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In, we distribute the pillowcases to local hospitals for kids that have life threatening illnesses. Hope the Happy Birthday fabric is in stock as the nurses and social workers like to have birthday pillowcases on hand for the kids.

We stopped at Barnes & Noble last night and I saw some neat books with games in them for kids. Need gifts for a 3 year old girl and her 6 year old brother. They are the grandkids of my sister Carol and the kids' parents are holding a joint Bday party of them in a few weeks. Emailed Carol this am asking for some suggestions as to what cartoon characters they like and clothing sizes. Glad my nephew and his wife have the kids Bday party every summer as it is a nice way to get together with rest of family. Seems as my sisters and I get older we aren't able to have big family parties any longer and this couple is the only one that is continuing the nice tradition. Everyone keep those prayers going for are friends who need them and also take Blondie's advice, Keep Smiling. May

Granny Judy
July 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Stopped in for a quick check on everyone. Blondie, I bet you're glad this week end is behind you... now take care and get better real soon.
I'm enjoying the warm weather with a dip in the hot tub after spending most of the day inside. Had a burst of energy and decided to clean out the Kitchen Cub boards.... how do we ever manage to "collect" so much?? Almost as bad as the clothes closet full of extra shoes, purses, scarves, and holiday decorations... Only it is boxes and cans of extra food stuff!!

Hugs and prayers to all our Friends and Family here... Remember you are Loved and important to us all.

Sandy Navas
July 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Got that little Princess Naked Butt Agnes off my lap (boy is she a handful - a real chunk) . . . so I can read and play catch up here. I just can't imagine little Gracie with yellow jacket stings. Got stung myself a couple years ago and those yellow jackets are the absolute worst of any. OUCH.

No idea what will come of today - I spent almost all afternoon mowing yesterday. It was truly nice to get outside and away from the noise and bickering. Yes, bickering. The girls are always at one or the other . . . swam a bit last night and hit the sack early.

Haven't seen Madeleine since the first hour after she arrived home. I'm giving Mom and Dad pretty free berth so they can all bond well. She has needed some coaxing to latch on and nurse well but is getting the hang of it. Slept quite a bit yesterday, according to little girlie reports. One of the girls comes to tell me just about everything that is going on - like a flash news attack every few minutes - it's funny.

And so I leave you and wander over to check the warm wishes list and add a couple good thoughts for all.

Mom23
July 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Good Morning All,

Two weeks is a long time to be without my forum friends. From the looks of things, I've missed a lot. I did get wireless at one time and checked in on Richard's progress with Sandy. So good to hear he is home and doing better. Marilyn, I haven't had a chance to read everything but your news sounds good. I will have to go back and read when surgery is taking place so I can put you on my calendar that day. I will try to get to daily mass that day to say extra prayers.

Alaska was absolutely breathtaking. We spent the first week on a ship, the Coral Princess, and it was fantastic. Cleanliness, food, staff, activities, etc. were grand. After departing the ship the land portion was nice but I would do it a little differently. It was a little too structured for my liking. I would get off the ship in Anchorage and explore a few days on my own if I were to do it again. That's not going to happen though. I saw Alaska, I saw Denali is it's beautiful splendor, I conquered a 22 mile rigorous bike ride, and I won't be going back. There is too much in this beautiful land of ours to go back twice. We sad on the deck of our room deciding what we want to do next. So many places to see, so little time, and money!!!

Today will be spent catching up and hopefully I will get into the sewing mode tomorrow. While I was gone my daughter used my machine and made herself a queen size Chevron quilt top. She has ordered the backing and binding. I will have to Show and Tell it when it's finished. I am so proud of her for doing it on her own. She is 27 years old and has an old soul. She knits, crochets, and now sews. Love that girl!!

Have a great week. I will have to sit down later and read what all I missed while I was gone.

I need to add I bought two quilt kits, one in Ketchikan and one in Juneau. My 20 year old wants a quilt so I figured I would find some great fabrics in Alaska since he is a hunter. I was right, they had lots of fun stuff, at a price. The kits, and a Christmas ornament were my treasures from the trip!

WendyI
July 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear about all your Murphy's Law stuff...sounds like maybe he took a mini-vacation from my place and went to yours. I'm sure he's gone now and back here safe and sound...he rarely leaves me for any length of time!

Hope y'all have a fantabulous day!! BUSY BUSY days here for me for the next month! YAY!

GrammaBabs
July 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Hang in there Blondie girl... and get yourself to the doc with the SI... they can be dangerous if left unchecked,,, (but i'm sure you know all this and like I used to be,, just feel there's more to do than take care of yourself :) things here are Hotter than Hati and a dear friend just moved into our comm... today i'm taking her for a meet and greet with my poolside gals... it's only going to be 90 today and the rest of the week even hotter.. so todays the day...this is a gal from my past.. that I worked with when I first started back to work as a Mom.. PT... she and I worked our tails off in the supermarket thru many a year.. with smiles all around... she's been a diabetic for 53yrs.. and has pulled thru many a bad reaction... had to give up her license,, so my turn to help her out a bit... take care all.. i'm ALWAYS thinking of my M*quilt forum family... just not here as much as i'd like... sewing doesn't get done,,, so know i'm here in spirit!!! :)

auntiemern
July 15th, 2013, 01:35 PM
My dearest Blondie. So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, and your little Gracie was attacked by those vicious yellow jackets. Sounds like mom is doing better. Not much going on here. Finished a PICU quilt Sat, then spent the entire day yesterday trying to figure out what I was gonna do next. So didn't get a dang thing done.
Robin, your trip sounds exquisite. Still feeling pretty good. If it weren't for the shaky's from the steroids, I would almost feel normal.
Will be glad when the surgery is done, and praying that they don't find anything in my lymph nodes, so I can be cancer free, and not have to go through any of that really awful stuff. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

alliek
July 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Sorry about the migraines, break in ,and the poor pups experience! Yes, when it rains, it pours sometimes, but rain makes the flowers grow and produces rainbows when the sun comes out. Hope all heals well and turns out OK, This will be a GOOD week. :icon_wave:

Miss Sheri
July 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Good Morning sweet sisters!
We've had reports of the Good [Alaskan Trip!] the bad [break-ins and sinuses] and the Ugly [Poor Gracie!] Sounds like it's time for a fresh new week, with Sunshine [no lack of that, right?] and Rainbows [Klaisen's Douwe!], giggles [thanks Cat!], and baby kisses [Sandy you lucky, lucky, grandma!] Have a Happy, Cheerful, Peaceful, Joyful, lovely Day!!! ~Hugs from Sheri

cyndiofthevortex
July 15th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Good afternoon, all! What fun it is to catch up with everyone here. I have a bouquet of garden flowers by my keyboard and the wonderful voices of little boys playing with castle legos behind me - life is good! My plans this week are to keep as cool as possible and to get as much sewing done as I can. I was sidelined last week with four days worth of a migraine and feel like I need to catch up on all the life I missed out on while trying to just live through it. My machine is all set up to quilt a large batik star wallhanging I put together a couple of weeks ago. The fabrics are so lovely it will be a joy to quilt. Keep cool and safe, everyone!