PDA

View Full Version : The new look!!!!

rebeccas-sewing
March 4th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I just thought I'd let Bill know how nice the new set-up on the "Forum" looks. WOW!!!! Very nice!

BillNye
March 4th, 2011, 06:06 AM
ahhhh shucks!! Thanks!! I've been working on a few things besides the cosmetics. For starters you can now connect your facebook to the forum and login with a single click (no more remembering an extra password!!) and I add a Gallery -
It's up by the nav bar, but now you can browse all the albums / photos on the forum.

A bunch of the other bugs and stuff should be gone now too.

Woohoo! It's a long night, hope it all works :P

Dragonfly
March 4th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Al the gallery option is great, thankyou very much. The new look is nice and fresh and crisp, I like it lots.

Blondie
March 4th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Loving the look. You rock!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/Celtic_Princess2004/Sun20Congrats-1.gif

LynneLeavell
March 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Love the new look.

Lynne Leavell

Shirley
March 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Love the new look!!!You did a great job. It is so bright and so user friendly!!

suzette58
March 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I love the new colors. It's great

sewhot
March 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Yay!! SO glad you are liking it! I too LOVE it! Thanks for the feedback!

shell.scraps
March 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM
looks GREAT Al!! Thanks!!

Texsam
March 4th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Great job! Like the colors!

debinmalaga
March 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Great job, love the addition of the Gallery - just a click away from eye candy, YAY! :-)

patticakes
March 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Congrats! Nothing like a fresh coat of "paint"! Perfect for thinking spring! Now get some rest!

EsGrandma
March 4th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Love the new look and the gallery is fabulous - thanks!!

Sandy Navas
March 4th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Orange is one of my favorite colors!! Lots of hard work here - makes me regret the words I said when I couldn't get on yesterday.

BillNye
March 4th, 2011, 02:26 PM
you guys are seriously the best. I don't think I've ever enjoyed building a community more than I do building for you guys!! Thanks for all the support, suggestions, and patience!!

sewsoft
March 4th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I love it. It's so bright and cheerful.

tamsterg7
March 4th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Love the new look and the gallery a super touch! I'm sure it was many hours of work, but I appreciate it!!

pdjewelrylady
March 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
HAVE to agree with this Deb! love to looky e c :)

sewmuchjan
March 4th, 2011, 06:11 PM
WOW, now I have spent the whole day checking out the new digs :lol::D
And have not done one bit of sewing, blame it on AL!! :lol::lol:;)

Thank's for all the hard work you all do for us. :icon_happy:
Love
Jan G. :icon_wave:

magx
March 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
An other point to MSQC. It has been dress for sucess!!! LOve the colours.
Just one tine winny sugestion, if I may????? In the visitor messages, the post message tab, go advance tab and the pages numbers tab. the colour is too weak, the contrast doesn't work out.

BillNye
March 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
An other point to MSQC. It has been dress for sucess!!! LOve the colours.
Just one tine winny sugestion, if I may????? In the visitor messages, the post message tab, go advance tab and the pages numbers tab. the colour is too weak, the contrast doesn't work out.

You mean when you hover over it or just in general?

StitchingTime
March 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Very nice. Like the uncluttered open feel. Thank you!

quiltingtrish
March 4th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Oooooh! It sure is purty! Love the gold and blue together - sure puts a spring in your step.

Thanks Bill,
Hugs,

Sewbee
March 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Al, I think what Magx is saying is that the text and background colors on the navigational, post message and go advanced buttons are too similar and low contrast to easily read the buttons. Here is a print screen of the Visitor message box as it appears on my screen:

All it needs is either a darker colored button background so the white text is visible or make the text a color so it stands out against the gray button background. I don't see the buttons change in appearance whether I hover my mouse over them or not.

sewmuchjan
March 4th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Has anybody noticed that Al is now a 'BLOCK QUEEN' HUMM HUMMM!! :D

No longer a "Nine Patch Princess" see what graduating does to you?? :lol::lol:

All Hale the new "Block Queen Al" who gave our home a new look. :lol::D

Just thought I would lighten your world with a little humor. (very little) :lol::lol:

Thank you Al for all the work you did to our digs. :)
Jan G. :icon_wave:

BillNye
March 6th, 2011, 03:12 AM
hahahah! I didn't realize I'd graduated from the Nine Patch Princess! :P But thank you thank you all!

@sewbee what browser are you using? I'm testing in firefox, chrome, and internet explorer and they all show up quite a bit darker than what you are seeing. Let me know so I can recreate the problem and get her fixed.

rebeccas-sewing
March 6th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Hey Bill,
I finally decided to give up anonymity and post a pic so people can see my mug. Super easy to do except for one glitch. I think people trying to post a photo for the first time would have less problem figuring it out, if on the profile page there was a box that you could either choose "use profile photo" or "use substitute (avatar)". I'm not that savvy with computers. If my husband hadn't told me what an avatar is I would've wasted a lot more time trying to get my pic up in the forum.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rebecca

Sewbee
March 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Al I am using Firefox 6.5.1 on my iMac and Safari on my iPad but they both appear the same as far as the buttons being too light on the visitor message box. Otherwise I see the bright orange and blue forum colors and pretty pinkish wallpaper background. I haven't noticed any other areas that have faded buttons but I really haven't looked for them either. I will try to check all the forum sections later and let you know if I see a similar problem anywhere else. 4 hours from home right now...celebrated my dad's 83rd birthday yesterday and getting ready to head to church right now. Will be back home tonight and take a closer look at the forum! :)

Sewbee
March 7th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Al, I got home tonight and upgraded my Firefox to version 3.6.15 (post above should have read 3.6.1) That did not make any difference in the appearance of the buttons....BUT then I noticed the "Customize Profile" tab on the Visitor Message box. I clicked on it....changed the settings of the buttons to brighter colors and that worked!

Here is the customize profile panel with its default settings:

Here are the changes I made in the profile settings:

Here is what my visitor message box, page navigation buttons and profile page colors look like now:

Its cool we are able to customize our colors!

magx
March 7th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Al, I think what Magx is saying is that the text and background colors on the navigational, post message and go advanced buttons are too similar and low contrast to easily read the buttons. Here is a print screen of the Visitor message box as it appears on my screen:

All it needs is either a darker colored button background so the white text is visible or make the text a color so it stands out against the gray button background. I don't see the buttons change in appearance whether I hover my mouse over them or not.

Exactly what I mean!!!! Thanks Sewbee

BillNye
March 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Sewbee, i didn't even know you could do that! :P Great find!

Sandy Navas
March 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Stick around, Bill - we'll teach you all kind of tricks!!

Lola2Ace
March 7th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Al, I love the new look. Thanks for all you do so we can be here for each other! I can't find the smilies, are they gone for good or am I just overlooking them somewhere?
Sewbee, thanks for that info. I am going to adjust mine right now.
Lola