PDA

View Full Version : Before we leave....great news on Douwe!!

Klasien
July 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Before we leave I have to share some great news on my brother.

Some of you know already, but I wanted to be very very sure to share with all of you.
I know he has been in prayers and thoughts of many of you, and I am very thankful for that.
He had a setback a little while ago, but at that same time he had a lot of tests done, those results came in a little while ago..........and there where no cancer cells found!!!!!!
His new bonemarrow has taken over all the old bone marrow, there where no bad cells, he got this great news on the day that a year ago the result came in that he had cancer.......it was a really hard year for him and his wife and daughters, for my parents and for us his brother and sisters.
He is still feeling weak sometimes, but the doctors told him that all is fine ( still taking lots and lots of medication), he is just doing it all a little slower than most patients.

I wanted to share this wonderful news with all my dear forum friends and thank you all for the love, prayers and suport we have had over the last year. Douwe would love to thanks each and everyone of you in person, but he asked me to thank you for him, his quilt is dearly loved and used, You are a great group of friends.

Hugs!!!!

WVGranny
July 14th, 2013, 06:56 PM
the blessings of God, glad it was such good news

EsGrandma
July 14th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Thrilled for you and your family! That is the best news and now you can really enjoy your trip!!

Wwena
July 14th, 2013, 06:59 PM
That is great news!! Did he get a transfusion of bone marrow? I'm on a list to donate that if needed but I know they try to use family if they can. So happy he is in the clear, what a wonderful feeling!

BellasQuilts
July 14th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Klazien, that is absolutely fantastic news! So happy for Douwe, his family, your family, etc. Will keep praying it all stays good and he gets up to speed quickly.

Bubby
July 14th, 2013, 07:27 PM
This is such fantastic news, Klasien! I remember this time last year we were working on his quilt. Hopefully he will continue to get stronger and stronger each day. Maybe your family can exhale a little now. Continued best wishes, Barb

shannonsaulter
July 14th, 2013, 09:03 PM
WOOHOO!!! thats awesome!!! continued prayers being said! (((HUGS)))

mom4him
July 14th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Great news!

ilive2craft2
July 14th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Oh Klasien, what wonderful news!

SuzyQue
July 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Praises for such wonderful news! This will make leaving on your trip even easier! Prayers for continued healing and strength!

auntiemern
July 14th, 2013, 10:09 PM
What great news. I am so happy for all of you, especially Douwe. Prayers continuing that he stays cancer free.

K. McEuen
July 14th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Great news! He had a lot done to him to get him well, recovery is a slow process, but as long as he takes small steps forward, all is good.

Miss Sheri
July 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Klasien, I didn't know about your brother prior to now, as I only joined in Jan. BUT, from what you just described, this is nothing short of a miracle, in my simple opinion. When bone marrow is in the equation, often this is not the outcome. I am so very happy for you and your family. Prayers of gratitude going up for you and yours. Enjoy your trip with peace in your heart.

NanaB
July 14th, 2013, 11:06 PM
What wonderful news. Thank you so much for sharing this news with us.

PeggyM
July 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Awesome!!!

New York Sue
July 14th, 2013, 11:52 PM
WOOHOO! Awesome!

Judy~Ann
July 14th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Thank you Lord for all of your blessings

Poppytree
July 15th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Great news - I will continue to pray for him and all the family that he will be fully healed.

MayinJerset
July 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Wonderful News!

krissyg
July 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM
So glad to hear that he is doing well and hope his recovery continues in a positive direction from now on. Thanks for keeping us updated about him.

Monique
July 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM
That is absolutely wonderful news and now you can relax and have a wonderful trip.

MartinaG
July 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Now THAT is good news indeed. Hope he handles his meds well and continues to get stronger.

PeggyM
July 15th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Wonderful, wonderful news! Prayers for his continued improvement.