PDA

View Full Version : Our trip is getting better and better!!!

Klasien
July 14th, 2013, 06:27 PM
As you all know by now: Next thursday we are going on vacation to the USA!!

We have a great travelplan, including meeting two forum members!!!!!!!

We will be meeting Cathy F in Long Island, and a couple of weeks later Gloria from Flint.
I am so happy to meet those two ladies. Cathy was my secret sister last christmas, so it is great to meet her in person. Gloria is living close to a friend of ours in Davison so we will meet and have lunch, she was also talking about going to a quiltshop :)

All in all, I won't be on much those next couple of weeks, I have to work this week on monday, thuesday and wednesday, we will be leaving for the airport wednesday evening, check into a hotel at the airport thursdaymorning we will fly out to Toronto, after a short trip to the Nigara Falls we will be driving to NYC......from there to New Jersey (see all the places Bruce is talking/singing about) on to Washington DC, Philadelphia, Lancaster, on to Columbus Ohio, after that on to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Milan Michigan to drop of our daughter at her hostfamily from last year, on to Lapeer to celebrate the 35th reunion of my DH Highschool.....Holland Michigan and back to Milan to pick up Roselique, on to Toronto, fly to London, change plains and Amsterdam is the next stop!

I will bring my laptop, so I hope there is Wifi in the hotels, I'll try to check in and keep you all posted and read what you are up to.

Hugs to all :)

PeggyM
July 14th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip!! Enjoy yourselves.

Annabelle013
July 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a fantastic trip. Enjoy!!!

Bubby
July 14th, 2013, 07:33 PM
That sounds like a very busy trip. I hope you have a wonderful time!

K. McEuen
July 14th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Sounds great! You should give May a holler since she's in the Jersey area.

shannonsaulter
July 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM
you are going to have so much fun..please share pics when you can...

SuzyQue
July 14th, 2013, 08:58 PM
What a busy, yet fun itinerary! Looks like a great trip! I hope you enjoy every minute! What a shame you can't come on over to MSQC and all the peeps that live in that great state!

ilive2craft2
July 14th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Sounds like a ton of fun! Have a great trip!

auntiemern
July 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip, and full of fun. Enjoy your self, and hopefully I will see you in October.

NanaB
July 14th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Have a wonderful time, friend. You've got a busy time planned. We went to Niagara Falls last September--you will LOVE the falls. I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Evilynn
July 15th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Sounds like a really great vacation! I bet you'll have a lot of fun. And so great to meet forum sisters. I would love to meet some too some time :) I am so looking forward to your reports if you wanna share later :) Have loads of fun!

Hugs

Steffie

rebeccas-sewing
July 15th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Have tons of fun on your trip, Klasien! I, too, am bound for the good ol' USA. I'm getting very excited about my visit home. It's gonna be hot, hot, hot! Thank goodness everyone I'm visiting has A/C. Bring on the Margarita's!!! I wonder if they even know what a Margarita is in the UK?????

MayinJerset
July 15th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Wow, Klasien you have a great trip planned.

When you are in New Jersey give me a holler and a wave, I live in Bruce country between GSP (Garden State Parkway) Exits 117 and 114. Sorry I think Bruce and band are touring in Europe but Bon Jovi might be around as he lives in the town next to mine. On Friday night ABC News named him Person of the Week as he and his wife donated 1 Million dollars to Hurricane Sandy Relief and has gotten many more dollars donated. Bruce and Bon Jovi never forget the people in their area.

Funny story. Last year a woman in PA contacted our Guild, she was downsizing her stash and wanted to donate some fabrics to us. We were pleased to accept the fabrics but wondered why she didn't donate them to a guild nearer to where she lived. Her reply was that she wanted to eat in the restaurant Bon Jovi and his wife started here to help people in need. If you can pay you donate some dollars to the restaurant but if you can't pay the food is free.

pcbatiks
July 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Hi Klaisen ........hope you have great time n your trip........relax and have fun!

asta
July 15th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Wish you safe travels, have a great time. You may need a vacation when you get back tho.

WendyI
July 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Holy Moly you'll be in Toronto two times!! My husband works within spitting distance of that airport! Do you have ANY layover time? Sadly you'd have to go through customs and then back again in order for us to visit....and I don't think they would let me through to see you without a ticket! :-(

Sounds like your trip is going to be a blast though!

bakermom
July 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
sounds fantastic! When you are traveling from Columbus to Cleveland try to take a side trip to Holmes county. there are some lovely quilt shops there. Also some great places to eat.

slamb13
July 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Have a great trip! I lived in Columbus for 5 years and it's a great city! Lots of great places to eat! :) If you get the chance, visit the North Market.

Safe travels,
Susan