PDA

View Full Version : Jean Machine and all...

kensington
July 14th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Just a quick update! I am happy to report that DH and sil dug up the laterals today and found that two were completely blocked with roots, non attached roots, which they pulled and tugged and set free to unclog our laterals. They laid in new pipe and cover and filled the huge... huge... hole in my back yard in. That machine that sil brought out here was a BIG digger.

But, it's fixed! They delivered our cabinets to the house today to us, we didn't have to pick them up at the store because they were supposed to be in Wed, and they weren't so when they came in ... our sales person, got a truck and brought them to us. SWEET!

Tomorrow Dh will lay the kitchen tile, and grout on Monday, and we will set the cabinets on Wedsnday, and the carpet will be installed on Friday. In the mean time, bil will continue to finish installing the wainscoting I designed and we made. It's coming together now and is going to be so pretty!

We are also installing a Power Flush toilet in the bathroom down there. LOL... we put one in our Master bath a while back and I love it! WHOOSH!

As soon as the cabinets are installed we can submit final measurement for the countertop/bar area, and buy the sink. I found the prettiest razor thin stainless single sink for that counter. I was going to get a bar sink, but when I saw this, I knew it was the one!

I found the coolest thing for my backsplash at HD ... tiny staggered subway tiles in black, white and grey. The tile is grey, the countertop is grey with retro swirls in black whit and blue. I'm going to use black floating open shelves on the top for display. It's going to be cool!

I had prayed two days in a row that God would let this septic be fixed today when dh and sil dug it up. And God said YES! Amazing!

Claire Hallman
July 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Funny request but you never know what miracle will come to pass.
Your new room sounds cool, post us a picture when all done.

kelliedi
July 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM
When it is done WE WANT PICTURES.....

shannonsaulter
July 14th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Oh such great news!!!! oh I cant wait to see pics of that countertop /bar and sink!

SuzyQue
July 14th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Sounds like it is coming together nicely and quickly! Can't wait for pics!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 14th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Hooray for unclogged pipes and SILs with big diggers! Glad it's fixed!

Mchelem
July 14th, 2013, 11:52 PM
That big digger probably cost a pretty penny!! We have to rent escavators and trenchers by the month for the commercial jobs we do and they aren't cheap!!

kensington
July 15th, 2013, 01:12 AM
That big digger probably cost a pretty penny!! We have to rent escavators and trenchers by the month for the commercial jobs we do and they aren't cheap!!

Well it's massive too. He just dug up that back patch in no time... And filled it in quickly when they were done.

bkthomas
July 15th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Good to hear your prayers are being answered - well deserved - happy for you!

Mchelem
July 15th, 2013, 04:06 AM
I never get to play with the machinery when we have it. Hubby is mean like that lol.

Sew Perfect
July 15th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Just a quick update! I am happy to report that DH and sil dug up the laterals today and found that two were completely blocked with roots, non attached roots, which they pulled and tugged and set free to unclog our laterals. They laid in new pipe and cover and filled the huge... huge... hole in my back yard in. That machine that sil brought out here was a BIG digger.

But, it's fixed! They delivered our cabinets to the house today to us, we didn't have to pick them up at the store because they were supposed to be in Wed, and they weren't so when they came in ... our sales person, got a truck and brought them to us. SWEET!

Tomorrow Dh will lay the kitchen tile, and grout on Monday, and we will set the cabinets on Wedsnday, and the carpet will be installed on Friday. In the mean time, bil will continue to finish installing the wainscoting I designed and we made. It's coming together now and is going to be so pretty!

We are also installing a Power Flush toilet in the bathroom down there. LOL... we put one in our Master bath a while back and I love it! WHOOSH!

As soon as the cabinets are installed we can submit final measurement for the countertop/bar area, and buy the sink. I found the prettiest razor thin stainless single sink for that counter. I was going to get a bar sink, but when I saw this, I knew it was the one!

I found the coolest thing for my backsplash at HD ... tiny staggered subway tiles in black, white and grey. The tile is grey, the countertop is grey with retro swirls in black whit and blue. I'm going to use black floating open shelves on the top for display. It's going to be cool!

I had prayed two days in a row that God would let this septic be fixed today when dh and sil dug it up. And God said YES! Amazing!

Love hearing all about the adventures going on at your house. Congrats on a healthy septic tank!

SallyO'Sews
July 15th, 2013, 04:43 PM
So happy your DH and SIL came through for you! Can't wait to see photos of the finished project!! Have fun!

alliek
July 15th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Wonderful! You sound so excited and happy. It's great when the plan comes together. Thank you Lord.