PDA

View Full Version : KC Star article about M*

auntiemern
July 13th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Check this out Missouri Star Quilt Co. is a pattern for family success - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/13/4343339/missouri-star-quilt-co-is-a-pattern.html)

pcbatiks
July 13th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Hey Marilyn..........I just read this article and was planning to post it too! :)

It's a great article...............I'm so happy for the Doan family!

ilive2craft2
July 13th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Great article! Love that family. I need to plan a road trip!

shannonsaulter
July 13th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Such an awsome article..wish I could meet up with everyone going this year but just cant...maybe next year..

New York Sue
July 14th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I've seen nearly every thing in my 'game' of life. I swear, I have.
TIMING is EVERTHING.
The Doans HIT the economy on just the right stride!
This kind of stuff makes me weep. (Actually BAWL like a baby. I have to take a breath, just to keep up with myself....)
Just the 'right stuff', at the right time.
GOOD things DO come to GOOD people, after all.
On a hope and a promise....
Dear God, I LOVE this country!

Judy~Ann
July 14th, 2013, 01:48 AM
When I read about the Doans, I feel pride almost as if they were my blood relatives. About two years ago, I called M* and talked to Jenny... she was so gracious and fun and genuinely interested in why I'd called. We talked for about ten minutes and I was able to tell her how she's blessed so many of us and motivated us to make thousands of quilts. She was very humble and I couldn't help but love her. It's so amazing how M* has revitalized Hamilton and even the post office benefits. Great article and I pray for God's blessings on the entire family ....
They are a wonderful example of what it takes to make America so great!
Thank you Jenny, Al, Nat and all of Missouri *

brook
July 14th, 2013, 02:38 AM
My son has a blog for tech people, but also talks about what makes businesses successful. I just sent this to him, knowing that he will be inspired by this family business.

rebeccas-sewing
July 14th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Thanks for posting the link, Marilyn. I really enjoyed reading about their success! Makes me wish I could work there. It would be such a fun job.

Lissau
July 14th, 2013, 05:54 AM
l think if l ever got to the USA and if l was standing outside MSQC...l would stand there and cry with sheer disbelief that l was actually there

PeggyM
July 14th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Great article. Thanks for posting it.

Bubby
July 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this Marilyn. This is the best article I've seen on M*.

MRoy
July 14th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Great! Thanks for sharing Marilyn

jokir44
July 14th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Now the city fathers need to get busy and get a restaurant or two in Hamilton. We all know how quilters love to eat.

Blondie
July 15th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Check this out Missouri Star Quilt Co. is a pattern for family success - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/13/4343339/missouri-star-quilt-co-is-a-pattern.html)

What a nice article. The Doans deserve all the success they have earned. God bless them.

Bneighbor
July 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM
This shows that hard work, determination, and devotion will bring success. Did they ever think that this small family business would bring such pride to their town? That people would come from all corners of the world to see them? I know when I watch Jenny on YouTube, she is speaking to me. I get a renewed enthusiasm to quilting, YES I CAN DO THAT! Thank you to the Doan family for letting us become part of you family.

Miss Sheri
July 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I can't say it any better than you all have done. Loved the article, love M*, Love that family, Love, Love, Love Jenny!

Over40momma
July 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Jenny's tutorials is what led to me quilting just these short months ago. It led to me to her store and to all of you. Who says one person can't make a difference in the world? Thank you Jenny and thank you to her family (and friends) that decided Mom needed a little something to do. :icon_kiss: