PDA

View Full Version : I'm BACK! FINALLY!!

WendyI
July 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Hey everyone..:icon_hi::icon_wave::icon_hi: I sure missed you all and I'm sorry for not checking in sooner..things have been a bit crazy busy!! I'm at the Toyota dealership right now waiting for my oil change and tire rotation to be done so have a few minutes to pop in!

The trip to San Jose was bittersweet...it was a bit stressful being there because of the tension between my friends but they have an awesome therapist and are truly working things out. I'm very proud of both of them.

The WEATHER in California is AMAZING! I can totally see why people want to live there! The Saturday I was there we went to Monterey Bay and to the aquarium and that was so much fun! Then the next day we went to San Francisco and played around on Pier 39. Sadly Alcatraz was booked solid and there were no sealions, must be the time of year, but we did get to eat at an amazing crab house there! It is truly a beautiful city.

Then the plane crash happened in San Francisco and of course it HAD to happen there on the weekend before I'm due to fly out of that airport....of ALL the airports in the world it just HAD to be that one at that time. I tell you Murphy's Law needs to just get the heck out of my life! So I was stuck there for two more days....and by then I was truly ready to come home. I missed my husband! I personally do NOT enjoy vacations without him...it's just not the same.

Finally I got back on Wednesday and then took Thursday off to rest. But not before having a huge cry at leaving my boy behind. It was SOOOOO hard to leave him knowing how very far away he would be. I'm not worried about him being well cared for just that it is so very far. So I'm missing him but okay so far. He is perfectly happy and having a total blast with his best bud! And that is all that matters.

Well I have an hour to kill so will browse the forum and try and get caught up. I can see that Marilyn is having a difficult time so off to send some lovin her way and to everyone else! I see we also have a a bunch of new members! YAY! Off to see what's been happenin as y'all sure looked like you were busy! :icon_kiss:

ilive2craft2
July 13th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Welcome back!!! You have been missed, but so glad that you had some fun on your vacation. Haven't done a vacation without hubby, so I think I know how you feel on that point. So glad that Liam is having a blast! You will miss him and he will get homesick (eventually), but it is a great experience for him. Murphy seems to follow me around too!

cindyinohio
July 13th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Welcome back

Grandma G
July 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Wendy! Glad you are home. I was just thinking about you this morning but remembered the California trip to vacation and leave Liam. California does have gorgeous weather but I wouldn't live there simply because of all the fault lines running through that state. Yeah, I know, when it's your time, it's your time... and I say this while our "feels like" temp goes over 100 degrees. Anyway, glad you are back and that you had a great time!!!

Roxanne
July 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I was thinking about you the last few days and forgot you had a trip planned. I was hoping nothing was wrong. Happy to have you back!

K. McEuen
July 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Well, I forgot you were in California and was wondering where you were! I've slept since you said you were going, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Glad you had a good time.

Now I'm off to write myself a note to not travel to the same city as you and Murphy ...

MRoy
July 13th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Welcome back Wendy!

MayinJerset
July 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Welcome back Wendy. Glad your son is having a blast and that your friends are doing better. Visited CA many times over the pat 30 years and love their weather but after awhile I do miss Jersey's changes in weather.

Slamelung
July 13th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Glad your back missed reading your posts:icon_happy:

shannonsaulter
July 13th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome back glad you enjoyed Ca...and are now relaxing and back!

New York Sue
July 13th, 2013, 08:06 PM
WOOHOO! Wendy is back!

sally
July 13th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Welcome home!