PDA

View Full Version : Saturday finally

Monique
July 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning all you fine people out there in quilting land. Yes it is Saturday at last. I only have an hour and half of work this morning. There is a flea market in town this morning that I will go have a look see before I head to work. I don't know what the rest of the day will bring. Tomorrow I have a birthday party to attend for my brother. He turns 55. We may go see the changing of the guard at Parliament Hill and visit the Defienbunker before the party tomorrow just because we have never been to either and it is something that is close to home.

Well have a wonderful day friends. Stay safe!

Bubby
July 13th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Olive made sure I didn't get to sleep in this morning. That's okay because it's a beautiful morning here. Last night we picked about 6 slicing tomatoes (our first slicers). From here on out we will be covered up with garden tomatoes. We give a lot away every year, especially to the senior center and to our neighbors and tenants who don't plant tomatoes.

I'm not totally sure what's on our agenda today. I know we will be doing some mowing, but I'm hoping for some sewing time. I finished binding two PICU quilts this week and have one more to do.

It's time for me to feed the girls and us before things get too busy here. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
July 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Ditto to Barb on the beautiful morning here. Looking forward to a very busy day, welcoming Al back from his CA trip (and having to listen to all about the new Google Glass . . . DUH). Oh, and the new baby will be coming home sometime soon. It will definitely be a circus around here, I'm afraid.

Enjoy your Saturday, folksies.

Alana
July 13th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Yes, Saturday at last...It's a gorgeous day here today but supposed to get very hot and humid. For now the windows are wide open and I'm enjoying the fresh air. Air conditioners will likely be turned back on this afternoon.
I am suffering from bronchitis and a terrible summer cold that just slammed me on Thursday with no warning. Not nice at all. So that means I will be forced to drink Baileys with my coffee...purely for medicinal reasons you understand...and then relax in front of the TV most of the evening. But for now I may work on my quilt.
Our guild is doing up blocks and quilt tops for the Calgary flood victims and we are looking into sending some to the train derailment victims in Quebec as well. We are each making 15.5" blocks from scraps we have and then collecting them to send. We are also putting some together for tops as well. There is an army of long arm quilters waiting to quilt them all when they arrive.
Coffee is ready and smells fabulous. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

quiltingtrish
July 13th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I'd bring you along with me to quilt all day down at the church here Sandy - better than listening to Google stuff. Since I can't though, I'll be thinking about you. Put some more hugs on that new baby for me, will ya?
I finished the chennile quilt last night. It is the first and last one I make of those. I think it did turn out pretty and I'm sure it will be warm. In the meantime though, I will probably toss it up on top of the other finished ones.
Next on the list is my red and white quilt. Today I plan (hear that - plan) on layering and pinning it, quilting it on the machine, and putting the binding on. I think I will bring the backing around to the front and sew it down that way.

Anywhoo- I hope you all have a great day today.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
July 13th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I'd bring you along with me to quilt all day down at the church here Sandy - better than listening to Google stuff. Since I can't though, I'll be thinking about you. Put some more hugs on that new baby for me, will ya?
I finished the chennile quilt last night. It is the first and last one I make of those. I think it did turn out pretty and I'm sure it will be warm. In the meantime though, I will probably toss it up on top of the other finished ones.
Next on the list is my red and white quilt. Today I plan (hear that - plan) on layering and pinning it, quilting it on the machine, and putting the binding on. I think I will bring the backing around to the front and sew it down that way.

Anywhoo- I hope you all have a great day today.

Hugs,

You have way too much energy for me - love the chenille quilt!!! I would NEVER even think of tackling one that labor intensive.

Ginny B
July 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Happy Saturday to all. It's cloudy here today. Woke up sometime during the night to a real downpour. Guess we won't need to water this morning. Barb, we are about to get our first tomatoes too! I am so excited. Love the taste of fresh tomatoes off the vine. We have had lots of strawberries so far this season. We have eaten one of our cucumbers too. Got some zucchini growing and our lettuce and herbs are doing good too (although the basil isn't doing quite a well as past years). And dh has his bed of peppers and we have harvested some banana peppers and used them on our sandwiches -- yum. So far it's been a pretty good growing season for us.

Going to be a busy weekend. I have to finish two crayon/coloring book bags to take with me tomorrow. We have a christening to go to upstate and I made a set of soft blocks for the baby. I want to give the bags to the baby's older brother and also our grandson Max will be there so I will have one for him too. They are so cute together. Love seeing how they are friends just like their mommies are friends (have been since grade school). So today I will be in the sewing room finishing up that project and then tonight, weather permitting, dh , #1 son and I will be going to a Bernie Williams concert. He is a former Yankee and is also a guitarist. I am looking forward to hearing him in person. I have seen him on tv. I sure hope the weather holds out and the concert isn't cancelled (it's an outdoor concert). I think my son really, really needs to just get out for a bit. He is so depressed about still not finding work. And also, with all these storms this week and the 4th being last week, his dog Booda has had a rough week (he goes into major panics). My sister is going to go into Brooklyn and "Booda sit" so he can come to the concert and try not to worry about him.

Time to get this day moving. I was planning on getting an early start but I guess I was tired and wound up sleeping until a little after 8:00 so I need to hustle a bit. Hope everyone has a good day.

Ginny B

MayinJerset
July 13th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Ginny we had the same heavy downpour of rain, certainly no lawn or garden watering is need for a few days. No veggie garden but my potted herb plants aren't doing well, something ate all the parsley and the basil hasn't really taken off. Potted flowers are doing great. Plenty of things needed to be done today but need to get some energy going to do them.

DH is wearing the foot brace ordered by the wound doctor, it goes all the way up to his knee. Now when he walks pressure is taken off the ball of his foot where his sore is and it is put on his heel. He was given something to put on his other foot to help keep his balance when he walks and he needs to put it on as he has already tripped this morning. Brace is on his right foot so that means no driving for him. Better not be an emergency that requires us to rush out of the house because between his brace and my knee arthritis we both wouldn't make it.

At first he was supposed to get a bootie for his foot at local pharmacy. When they told him the $50 cost wasn't covered by insurance he declined it so wound center doctor prescribed the brace. They took his insurance and Medicare for this but I'm not sure the cost for this expensive looking appliance will be fully covered. I didn't go in with him at the brace place because of the heavy downpour and only one little umbrella in the car. If I did I would have asked some questions about cost and did he really need this big brace. I think the bootie would have accomplished the same thing and been less inhibiting for DH to walk with.

Hey the sun just came out! Brighten up my day so I think I think I'll give my friend a call and invite her and her DH over for coffee tonight. She's having problems with her Crohn's acting up and doesn't like to go out for dinner or for too long so I thought coffee and cake would be OK. They live a few blocks from here so if she doesn't feel good they could make it home quickly.

aliaslaceygreen
July 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Good morning! I have a baby shower at work today...whoops.... I saw the date on the calendar and was all, oh that gives me PLENTY of time...except the 13th is TODAY????

Anyway, I may have it mostly done before I go to work, but only if I get off this computer now!!

Take care everyone!

Madeforyouinma11
July 13th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone! It's only 73 degrees here today. Cloudy and very humid. I need to go to the grocery store soon and then I'm going to finish my COC quilt. I really have so many things around the house that need to get done but I have been really itching to make something..and finish it! That's pretty much going to be my day. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Do what makes you happy! :)