PDA

View Full Version : Friday Greetings

Blondie
July 12th, 2013, 06:05 AM

Happy Friday, Folksies!

The rain woke me up. As I lie in bed I could smell the coffee that Luscious was brewing. Good man, that one. So, it's Friday and will be all day - it will be a long one for sure since yesterday was so short for me at work. Still have not heard from the new landlord, good grief. I know all is well that ends well, so I am keeping a positive perspective.

I did sew a wee bit yesterday. I began another table runner that will be appliqued funky flowers on it. I have been having some issues with my old cheapie Brother. I cleaned it super good the other day and I am still not satisfied with the bobbin tension. I had to resort to using my new "old" White. What a nice little machine. The only thing I am not liking too well is the bobbin on that one. It is not the drop in kind that I have been spoilt with. It is a front loading type. I fudge and drop them every time! Old fumble fingers, that's me.

We are to have some company this weekend. My BIL and his wife are coming over for the afternoon and dinner on Saturday. Of course, hubs invited them while chatting on the phone and informed me last evening. He had obviously forgotten that I work on Saturdays and by the time I get home, I find it difficult to keep my be nice to people groove on. My BIL and his wifey are very special to me ; he was widowed, lonely and just too stinking sweet. My SIL was a divorcee with two girls that needed a positive male role model. I could not believe that two such lovely people could be alone and longing for someone. I intro'ed them to each other and it was one of the quickest romances! First they said howdy, then they said I do! That was about 10 years ago and they are still quite the love bugs. So, since they live in Danville which while it isn't far, it takes planning to visit because of gasoline prices these days. Why hubs didn't say Sunday after church I will never know. Oh, yes I do. Hubs thinks I don't have to be pleasant. He thinks I can Just tell them both hello and go for my nap. As if!

Well, dear ones, it has taken me 35 minutes to type this drivle up. In between words, Gracie was anxious to get outside, despite my urging her to hold it in since it was raining so hard. She is a headstrong little chi chi with a small bladder. Once outside, the ding bat just stood on the deck, rain pelting her, looking at me like whazzup? Looking like a little wet rat when she came back in, I had to dry her off as good as I could, sooth her feelings & though she is still damp, Gracie is warming up as she sits in my lap.

Thank you for praying for my cousin, Lorie. She is improving each day. I spoke with her sis Ruthie (named for my mom!) and it appears that she will be moving into a rehab facility for physical therapy. All will be fine soon I believe.

There are so many prayers going up for my dear family here. Each one here has a special place in my daily prayers, some have more urgent needs than others, but, trust me, I have a longer list of prayer than Santa's been good list.

Have a wonderful day and delightful weekend Folksies! Smile a lot, for they often lead to laughter which is the best medicine of all.

quilter.martha
July 12th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Morning all! I haven't posted on the daily thread in over a month. I've been more of a lurker here than anything else lately. No real excuse, just busy as always. I've been working hard on an applique baby quilt for a niece who is expecting her first. I have a baby shower to go to in 2 weeks, so I'm pushing to get it finished. I'm almost done now--I'm to quilting the sashings. Then just bind it and its done. I've had trouble quilting it with my Janome. I suspect my machine doesn't like 2 different types of thread on top and in the bobbin. The thread has broken constantly and it skips stitches. But when I switch to the same thread top and bottom those issues go away. But I plan to take it in to the shop for it's annual cleaning, so I'll take it in once this quilt is finished. Best to make sure nothing is really wrong.

I'm off to the gym here in just a few minutes (I'm trying really hard to go 3 times a week). I think it's helping me strengthen my weak shoulder, and firm up some. Good for controlling the cholesterol too.

Have a great day everyone!

Monique
July 12th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Good morning Blondie. I was up early again this morning. Today is hubby's birthday. Of course, I have to work. What else is new. Only one more week to go.

Phil called last night and the first week of August I will have Maizyn here. He will take two weeks holidays and one week will be without the kids.

Next weekend, I will have both boys home. Greg is part of a wedding party, we are going to the reception, and Phil will probably come with us or join up with his friends.

That's about all I have to say about that.

Have an awesome weekend folks.

rebeccas-sewing
July 12th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Hi Blondie,

Just tell LL he's in charge of making and serving dinner to your BIL and wife since you have to work. Maybe that'll make him think to ask you first before inviting folks over. Joe has learned it's very important to give me notice otherwise he's dealing with a very cranky wife! I'm not spontaneous when it comes to socializing. I need an advanced "heads up."

What a lovely and romantic story! Why does it not surprise me that you are a successful matchmaker? It must give you a great sense of satisfaction to have been responsible for making two people so very happy. I somehow must've missed one of your morning greetings. I didn't hear what's going on with your cousin. Sounds like she's on the mend. Glad to hear it.

I'm getting ready to reunite with our neighbors from across the street during our days living in Houston. It's been close to twenty years since I've seen them. They won't be in London very long. Not quite sure what their schedule is but I know it relates to work for her husband. We're supposed to be getting together with them for dinner tomorrow night. Hopefully, they'll be able to stay awake so we can have a visit. That jet lag stuff is rough. It seems that all the flights from the U.S. arrive in London in the late morning. It makes for a tough day trying to stay awake, especially if you're like me and don't sleep a wink on the trip over.

I'm almost finished with my younger daughter's Asian-inspired quilt. I'm pretty happy with it. I think she's going to be very surprised. If you want to take a look at it check my latest album. Oh heck, I'll include it here so you don't have to hunt for it. I'm having lots of fun making a tote for my sis-in-law with the left-over tie fabrics. She's not expecting this so she'll be surprised as well. I hope I can get all these quilts into my luggage. It's about $70 to take another bag. Yikes!

I can't get over how much rain you guys have been getting. Has your garden just about washed away at this point? Have fun with your BIL and his wife. This is making me homesick for some reason. Won't be long now and I'll be on that long plane ride to Georgia. I'm getting excited about spending time with family.

Have a stupendous weekend and hopefully your day tomorrow won't be too hectic. As you say, "SMILE!"51435

rebeccas-sewing
July 12th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Hi Martha. Hi Monique. In the time it took me to write my post you guys piped in. Have a splendiferous weekend!

Monique
July 12th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Hi Martha. Hi Monique. In the time it took me to write my post you guys piped in. Have a splendiferous weekend!

Good morning to you too. Your quilt is beautiful.

Monique
July 12th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Morning all! I haven't posted on the daily thread in over a month. I've been more of a lurker here than anything else lately. No real excuse, just busy as always. I've been working hard on an applique baby quilt for a niece who is expecting her first. I have a baby shower to go to in 2 weeks, so I'm pushing to get it finished. I'm almost done now--I'm to quilting the sashings. Then just bind it and its done. I've had trouble quilting it with my Janome. I suspect my machine doesn't like 2 different types of thread on top and in the bobbin. The thread has broken constantly and it skips stitches. But when I switch to the same thread top and bottom those issues go away. But I plan to take it in to the shop for it's annual cleaning, so I'll take it in once this quilt is finished. Best to make sure nothing is really wrong.

I'm off to the gym here in just a few minutes (I'm trying really hard to go 3 times a week). I think it's helping me strengthen my weak shoulder, and firm up some. Good for controlling the cholesterol too.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning Martha. Glad you popped in.

Granny Judy
July 12th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Good Morning from Illinois, USA. It's gonna be a Great Day since we've got lots of Sunshine and Coffee...

I feel like I might get something accomplished today.. :icon_hi:

aliaslaceygreen
July 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good morning! I just found out I don't have Laylabug duty on Monday, which means I have Monday to myself, which means I need to ACCOMPLISH something for a change!51440Grandpa bought her her first car last week. She walked into the dining room while he was still assembling it, opened the door, climbed in and closed it. Said to him while waving, "Bye bye, baby!"
She is too funny.

THIS is my find this week at Goodwill! Someone made this from a Hoffman Batik fabric, serged seams and everything! Found it there for $2.50, never worn or washed! I think the pattern is called A Little Something Jacket.51439

Ok then. Off to the place to do the thing to make the $$$ ....still haven't seen the fabric set at M's yet....they are working on redoing my section of the store and I certainly don't want to slow them down there, so...

Take care, all... ((HUGS))

Bubby
July 12th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good Morning!

I had a sleepless night and it's shaping up to be a long day. I have one Scottie on my lap and the other on my feet as I type this. Now if I can just get them to nap most of the day!

Rebecca, what a totally gorgeous quilt! You really did a great job with it and your quilting suits it perfectly. What a wonderful gift!

I guess we will mow this weekend if things are dry enough. Otherwise, I have a list of Honey-Do's for Jeff.

I have been buying several of the recent Daily Deals...I have a feeling some of them will arrive today. I'm still hemming the binding on another PICU quilt. I find the small quilts enjoyable to make...less to wrestle with.

I'm off to change the sheets on our bed and to feed the girls.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend...Hugs, Barb

MRoy
July 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Good morning! I'm on my second cup of coffee, DGD is up with me watching TV and DGS is still asleep. Rebecca, your quilt is beautiful! I'm also not a "spontaneous entertainer" and I don't like when DH gives short notice. It usually means a quick trip to the grocery.

I cut the grass yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. Now the yard looks like a freshly mowed hay field but at least it's cut. I don't have any plans for today, I'll see what the kids might like to do later.

MayinJerset
July 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hello Gals, Glad Blondie started our day off for us. DH installed the new cellular shades in the den yesterday and they look great, the color is a very good match with the new wall color. DH installed the quilt rack over the fireplace and I hung a small quilt on it so the room in finally getting back into shape.

DH needs to pick up a special bootie for his foot this afternoon so we are going shop for new couches for the den and stop for an early dinner. Also need to mail several packages so it will be a busy afternoon.

Keeping all our pals in my prayers.

quilter.martha
July 12th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Rebecca, your quilt is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing it.

RFREE
July 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Good Morning everybody.Plan on cleaning the house today and am itching to sew a little sumpin sumpin. Don't know what but need to sew. You ever get the urge like that? Don't matter what just put the needle to the fabric kind of urge.. Anyway Rebecca your quilt is beautiful! I have a UFO sunbonnet Sue quilt I need to drag out. Maybe that will satisfy me today. Hadn't thought of it in years. Loved the love story Blondie.Good luck with your company. Me and DD went fishing last night. Invited a friend and her daughter to meet us there but they are not fishers.They just sat and chatted. Her DH came later and I think he wished he had brought his fishing pole after he sat there for a while.He would like to fish and camp and do all this outdoor stuff but the wife just isn't into it. To bad too.She is just a city girl I recon. We had a good time none the less. I have had several people from the forum on my mind lately. Prayers to all in need. I worry about my forum friends as I would my own family. I just love this place and all who dwell here. You all have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

alliek
July 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Beautiful Quilt Rebecca! Great find at the Goodwill store! To all : Happy Friday and weekend. Spend it with loved ones and with lots of sewing time. God"s Blessings to all.