PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe I just found this forum?

Kelly F
July 11th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Hi All!

I have been watching Jenny and the Missouri Star Quilt newsletter list since last November. I also had signed up for e-mail updates from a few others. I was on Facebook ... And I missed blogs and forums everywhere! I don't know how.

Looks like I have been missing out on some great information and forging quilting friendships !

I am glad that I am finally here!

I can't wait to share some pics of my projects. I am a newbie at quilting but I love it and love sharing!!

Love to hear from you!

Kelly

quiltingtrish
July 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Oh My Kelly - we were wondering where you were! Haha! I've done stuff like that before and wonder why I didn't know something. So happy you are here and jump right on in. We can't wait to see some of your projects!

Hugs,

VickiJ
July 11th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Kelly - I know the feeling! I have been watching Jenny's tutorials for a while now (not quite that long, but still) and in a couple of them I noticed she kept mentioning "the ladies on the forum" said this, or asked for that - and I was like "what ladies??" "What forum?"

I was literally thinking maybe she just meant the comments section on the youtube videos! I should have know Jenny knew what the heck she was talking about. Then one day when I was daydreaming and wishing and hoping over all the pretty fabric on the website I saw the word "Forum". Couldn't believe I missed it all that time.

I lurked around for a while and I just recently decided to jump in and make myself known. ;) Everyone has been so nice and welcoming, I'm glad I did.

Kelly F
July 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Hahaha. thanks Trisha and Vicki!

That is how I found it... Was looking to share a picture of a tote I just did and accidentally ran across the "forum"! I did post my pic on the Facebook page and was so excited that they responded to me. :)

K. McEuen
July 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM
We were hiding. Then Vicki found the way in and must have left the door open because we have been getting new members here left and right. It's about time we add on another wing so there is enough room for everyone!

Kelly F
July 11th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Lol.. Well, thanks for leaving the door open!

Bailey65
July 11th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome Kelly from Maine!

Kelly F
July 11th, 2013, 09:58 PM
thanks Fannie. I have a lot family in Bar Harbour!

Bailey65
July 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I live in Southern Maine about 15 minutes from the coast. Bar Harbor is a beautiful place! Do you ever make to Maine to visit family?

VickiJ
July 11th, 2013, 10:46 PM
We were hiding. Then Vicki found the way in and must have left the door open because we have been getting new members here left and right.

Hahaha - what can I say? Must be my magnetic personality!

Mimis-quilts
July 11th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Hi Kelly...welcome from Indiana. Warning...this place is very addicting!!!! We love to talk about everything and share our creations so we can oooooo and awwww. :icon_wave:

auntiemern
July 11th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Welcome from Missouri, Kelly. You WILL love it here.

Sandy Navas
July 11th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Magnetic personalities? Doors left open? Naw . . . it's just that we needed you both to join up and help us feel complete. We love new members here and both of you have much to offer. Thanks to you for joining us.

PeggyM
July 11th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Welcome from Maryland. That's how I found this forum. (My daughter calls it Quilt Book. :)

Bubby
July 12th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Hi Kelly and welcome! I'm glad you found us...you're going to love it here. Don't be a stranger....Barb

aliaslaceygreen
July 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Welcome! You're here now! Dive in and enjoy!
I'm just down past Richmond myself...we are almost neighbors!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Fannie, sadly I have not made it up there. I do keep in touch with them, it is just don't travel a lot. I have seen a lot of pics and it does seem very beautiful!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Hi Kelly...welcome from Indiana. Warning...this place is very addicting!!!! We love to talk about everything and share our creations so we can oooooo and awwww. :icon_wave:

thanks Mimi! I think the warning is too late... Hahahaha

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Welcome! You're here now! Dive in and enjoy!
I'm just down past Richmond myself...we are almost neighbors!

YES! We are just down the road from each other!! yay..

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Welcome from Missouri, Kelly. You WILL love it here.

thank you Marilyn! I have a pen pal in Imperial, MO! I love the folks from MO! (We started as pen pals in 1985!)

New York Sue
July 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Big NY Welcome, Kelly!
Where the heck ya been?
SO many great tips and advice shared here. You are going to LOVE it here!
But warning you up front, WHEN ASKED, we are an opinionated bunch.
(It's a GOOD thing! I asked for advice one evening and the thread became a HOT topic, in NO time at all. But the advice I received was PRICELESS! )

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Big NY Welcome, Kelly!
Where the heck ya been?
SO many great tips and advice shared here. You are going to LOVE it here!
But warning you up front, WHEN ASKED, we are an opinionated bunch.
(It's a GOOD thing! I asked for advice one evening and the thread became a HOT topic, in NO time at all. But the advice I received was PRICELESS! )

I love that Sue! I can't wait!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Magnetic personalities? Doors left open? Naw . . . it's just that we needed you both to join up and help us feel complete. We love new members here and both of you have much to offer. Thanks to you for joining us.

awwwww!! So far so good!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Welcome from Maryland. That's how I found this forum. (My daughter calls it Quilt Book. :)

Peggy.. Where in Maryland are you?

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Kelly and welcome! I'm glad you found us...you're going to love it here. Don't be a stranger....Barb

yay!! thank you! My Mom's name is Barb too!

SallyO'Sews
July 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome aboard, Kelly! Looking forward to seeing your projects!

PeggyM
July 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Kelly, I live in Baltimore, and I work in Bethesda.

cyndiofthevortex
July 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Welcome from New Hampshire! You'll love it here. This place has really enriched my life more than I can say. I'm glad to meet you and look forward to getting to know you!

pcbatiks
July 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Kelly.......glad you found us...........the best, most supportive forum around...........the quilting addiction will only get worse now! :D

sassyquilter
July 12th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Kelly! Glad you are here. Can't wait to see some of your quilts. Happy Quilting.

HdWench
July 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Welcome Kelly!! I too just learned in November from the BEST Tut's on the Web - heard mention of the forum and they can't get rid of me now hehehehe

You will have a great time, and also check out some of the Groups - There are fun Swaps and Sew alongs. Enjoy and look forward to seeing your creations in Show and Tell!

Arizona via Ohio right now

shermur
July 12th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Hey, Kelly! Glad you found the forums...there's a lot of sweet people on this site and you can get great advice from those who have traveled the quilting road! After reading some of the posts...My hubby is from Frederick county, Maryland and we met on the phone in 1996! So, we get to travel to the east coast to be with is family every so often, but no often enough! And here's the other co-incident item...my Mother's name was Barbara (she passed in 2002) I miss her every day and she's the oen who taught me to sew!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Welcome aboard, Kelly! Looking forward to seeing your projects!

thank you Sally... Still figuring out how to post a pic. I think they are too large..

Monique
July 12th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Hi and welcome to you both from Canada. Yes this is an awesome forum, filled with all sorts of wonderful people from all walks of life. Join us in our daily chats and get to know us and we can get to know you as well.

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hey, Kelly! Glad you found the forums...there's a lot of sweet people on this site and you can get great advice from those who have traveled the quilting road! After reading some of the posts...My hubby is from Frederick county, Maryland and we met on the phone in 1996! So, we get to travel to the east coast to be with is family every so often, but no often enough! And here's the other co-incident item...my Mother's name was Barbara (she passed in 2002) I miss her every day and she's the oen who taught me to sew!

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Glad to hear you come to this area... Glad to meet ya too!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Kelly, I live in Baltimore, and I work in Bethesda.

I see... Not too far away!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Welcome from New Hampshire! You'll love it here. This place has really enriched my life more than I can say. I'm glad to meet you and look forward to getting to know you!

hi Cyndi! Glad to meet you too. Looking forward to new friends here too. :)

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Kelly.......glad you found us...........the best, most supportive forum around...........the quilting addiction will only get worse now! :D

Ok PC.. I have a question already..I love my Louisiana reality shows.. Cajun Pawn and Duck Dynasty... Are you near either one? Lol

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Hi Kelly! Glad you are here. Can't wait to see some of your quilts. Happy Quilting.

Sassy quilter.. I see you are close by!!!! Yay!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome Kelly!! I too just learned in November from the BEST Tut's on the Web - heard mention of the forum and they can't get rid of me now hehehehe

You will have a great time, and also check out some of the Groups - There are fun Swaps and Sew alongs. Enjoy and look forward to seeing your creations in Show and Tell!
Arizona via Ohio right now

Cool. I will take a look.. I am very interested. Thanks for letting me know!

Kelly F
July 12th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Hi and welcome to you both from Canada. Yes this is an awesome forum, filled with all sorts of wonderful people from all walks of life. Join us in our daily chats and get to know us and we can get to know you as well.

Wow... All the way from Canada! Thanks a lot! I have a friend here from Canada with a beautiful French accent!

shannonsaulter
July 12th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Hi Kelly and Welcome!!!

BellasQuilts
July 12th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the newbies - all of you lurkers -front and center - make yourselves known.

Grandma G
July 12th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hi Kelly and welcome from the Lone Star state. I know you will just love it here. You will learn a lot and laugh often. There are a great bunch of people on this forum. Remember - there are no quilt police here so feel free to post whatever you create. If there is one thing we love more than quilting is seeing what others have created. We inspire each other daily. Delighted to have you join our ranks.

KathieB
July 13th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Welcome from southern Maine. Kelly, it's a small world! I've been to Spotsylvania on vacation 15-20 years ago on a time share exchange and one of my co-workers moved there about 8 years ago. Most people assume it's never been heard of.

shermur
July 13th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your Mom. Glad to hear you come to this area... Glad to meet ya too!

Thanks, Kelly....that means a lot! I have realized since 1992, that people who quilt, have hearts full of charity and a congenilaty that surpasses most people.

lilmouse
July 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin:icon_wave:

mamaquilt
July 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Welcome Kelly all the way from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, tiny state in between Germany, France and Belgium

WendyI
July 13th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Welcome to you from Kitchener, Ontario Canada. There are a few of us Northerners here! This is a fantastic forum so glad you found it!!