PDA

View Full Version : 30 Minutes of my Life I will never get back

K. McEuen
July 11th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I'm not sure what possessed me to do it. Maybe the fact that I have to stay up for another hour to go pick my daughter up from work and nothing else was on ... but I just watched an episode of Honey Boo Boo. Why on Earth is that crap even on the air?

NanaB
July 11th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Isn't that the worst thing you have ever seen? Someone said that you can tell they really love each other. And we thought Roseann was bad when it was on!!!!! Well, now you've seen it so you don't have to ever watch it again!

Meli
July 11th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Oh, Karen, you poor thing! Are you ok? Do you need to seek professional help? I recommend the A&E Version of Pride and Prejudice to help with your recovery.

bubba
July 11th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Oh no!!! Are your retinas still intact???

Musical_Starling
July 11th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Oh no!! I recommend lots of Omega 3's along with lots of brain-training puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, word searches, etc) to regain those lost brain cells! I saw a commercial once and thought I would never recover... :icon_crazy:

kelliedi
July 11th, 2013, 02:10 AM
if you don't like Honey Boo Boo definitely don't watch Duck Dynasty...just sayin

kensington
July 11th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Gosh, You could have taken a bubble bath!

Mchelem
July 11th, 2013, 02:27 AM
if you don't like Honey Boo Boo definitely don't watch Duck Dynasty...just sayin

No comparison...... I can't watch duck dynasty and not feel like my IQ drops..... Honey boo boo???? No doubt your IQ is dropping at least 30 points!

kensington
July 11th, 2013, 02:28 AM

I hate honey Boo Boo... I love Duck Dynasty. Yep...

The difference being one is just a loud mouth kid who dresses up. The other, is a family who took a simple honest idea and turned it into millions of dollars for them, jobs for others and also commerce and trade for their town. Plus, they crack me up. Willie may have the degree, but Jace is wicked smart.

Also, I love that they all met their spouses in Jr or Sr high and they are still together and in love. They have a foundation that stands. They have morals... I'd much rather watch them goof off than MANY of the other shows there are to watch.

Mchelem
July 11th, 2013, 02:31 AM
I hate honey Boo Boo... I love Duck Dynasty. Yep...

Me too (filler)

toggpine
July 11th, 2013, 02:35 AM
You actually made it through an entire episode? The commercials are enough to turn my stomach. I heard that is was originally filmed as a torture device for GITMO prisoners.

Don't be messin' with the Duck Dynasty, 'cause then it will "be on like Ping Pong." (Maybe I have too many family members that remind me of those guys.) :icon_giggle:

kensington
July 11th, 2013, 02:38 AM
I wish the new season would start. I don't watch re-runs. When is that going to happen? NEW Episodes?

K. McEuen
July 11th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Haha, I love Duck Dynasty! I laughed my rear end off at the lawnmower races episode when the youngest brother brought his push mower and was running with it while everyone else was on a riding mower. Of course when he fell and wiped out it was even better. And Si, when they went to Hawaii, zipping around on the Segway in the background like an old pro while all the young guys were falling off.

bakermom
July 11th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Me too (filler)

gotta agree here. Once i learned more about duck dynasty i found i do like them. a little out there in some ways but they have good honest values and make their families and faith a priority

Sew Perfect
July 11th, 2013, 03:49 AM
I'm not sure what possessed me to do it. Maybe the fact that I have to stay up for another hour to go pick my daughter up from work and nothing else was on ... but I just watched an episode of Honey Boo Boo. Why on Earth is that crap even on the air?

I have never heard of it. Maybe that's a good thing? As for Duck Dynasty...I love that show. It's great to watch something that clean and not serious for once. No cussing, no sex, and no one dies.

HdWench
July 11th, 2013, 04:10 AM
:lol: omg so sorry Karen!! Anything named Honey Boo Boo has got to be a NoNo! Was forced to watch Duck Dynasty one night, as the rain make most channels unavailable.. that Si ? Sy? in Hawaii cracked me up too LMAO but Gawd! Their wives are gorgeous and the kids lovely, but those men?? Well at least funny without much cussing or bedroom scenes.

Thanks for the heads up avoiding the Boo Boo!

denisecolli
July 11th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I'm from the UK and we have Duck Dynasty best comedy show on the TV. they hurt no one and I love Jase as someone previously said he's really straight faced and wicked

Renate
July 11th, 2013, 04:24 AM
I am really laughing out very loud, reading this thread. Girls, in the Moment I am sitting at the tv, watching any .... i take something to sew, that keeps my iq from droping and i have a good Argument for "it does not matter whats on tv, because mainly i am sewing" ...

Nidan_07
July 11th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Well....we don't get either of those shows on free to air tv here in Aus, and we don't have cable. I have heard of Honey Boo Boo, because there have been snippets of her, but have never seen an episode.....I lead such a sheltered life.
Somehow, I don't think it would be my thing. Homeland, however, had me completely hooked. Am eagerly awaiting season 3.

bkthomas
July 11th, 2013, 05:23 AM
So sorry for your loss Karen - My prayers and condolences.....

MayinJerset
July 11th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Never heard of Duck Dynasty before but that Honey Do Do is sickening. I watched it once and felt like my eyes and mouth were stuck open.

MRoy
July 11th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Why on Earth is that crap even on the air?

I couldn't have said it any better Karen! I hope you don't have any long term effects from the exposure. ;)

Roxanne
July 11th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I've never watched Honey Booboo. The ads for it are enough to make me throw up. Amazing what people will watch. I love Duck Dynasty though. They are hilarious.

Lonna
July 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I do believe I saw where the Beards will be back on with their new season starting on Aug 8th.

ilive2craft2
July 11th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I have never watched a Honey Boo Boo episode - the commercials are bad enough. Last year, my poor sister gave one of our cousins a ride to a family reunion (about 5 hrs away). This cousin is a card and fun to be around, but for the entire ride, she kept quoting from Honey Boo Boo!!! My opinion of this cousin dropped a bunch and my poor sister wanted to just leave her at the reunion...

Blondie
July 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM
roflmbbo - seriously, roflmbbo

shermur
July 11th, 2013, 09:08 AM
That is one of the reasons I don't have cable? LOL Not to mention we're just too darn busy to pay for TV that we don't have time to watch. You're all right though...what little I have seen of Honey Boo Boo...I'm sure it wouldn't be one of my choices!

Bubby
July 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I totally agree...and that show is coming back for a new season!! Unbelievable!! That program is gross. tacky, ignorant and an insult to those of us who live in the South.

pcbatiks
July 11th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Wow Karen......you must have been bored! :D. So sorry you had to suffer through that! I hope you will be okay! :D

buckeyequilter
July 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
lol...I've never watched that (actually had to google to see what a Honey Boo Boo was) or Duck Dynasty. I did watch a couple of episodes of Hoarder's....what a mess...about made me sick so I quit watching that. I watched some Breaking Amish and got bored with that. Give me a good old sitcom and I'm happy.

Karena1984
July 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I've recently become addicted to duck dynasty!! It reminds me of my family!! Now as far as that honey booboo thing I pray you have a speedy recovery!!

mom4him
July 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
LOL. I have never watched it but just watching the commercials is pretty weird! My youngest son, who has had some major emotional issues when younger just shakes his head and tells me they all need a diet change.LOL

Hulamoon
July 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Isn't TLC the learning channel? What have we learned? That this country is full of moronic people :icon_crazy: that drive our poor citizens to lose time.

nyscpa2be
July 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Isn't TLC the learning channel? What have we learned? That this country is full of moronic people :icon_crazy: that drive our poor citizens to lose time.

We also learn what shoes to wear with jeans, and to not wear pajama pants outside, ever (What Not To Wear). We learn that if giving birth, it is totally "normal" to demand an epidural right after your first contraction (Birth Story). We learn that the first few days after coming home with baby are days where grandmothers are "expected" to do all housework and errands for you (Coming Home With Baby). We learn that elementary school girls should wear fake teeth and makeup, while sporting a spray tan, wearing a bikini (Toddlers and Tiaras). We learn that having 19 children with names that all start with J is "blessed" (19 Kids and Counting). We learn that if you have a wedding that doesn't have open bar, a theme and jugglers, it isn't a real wedding (4 Weddings). Oh, and most importantly, we learn what Hoarding really is - and I have YET to see a quilter on there.

See, we learn SO MUCH on The Learning Channel!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Cat n bull
July 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
You can't compare Honey Boo Boo to Duck Dynasty.

I have never watched HBB and never will, but the Duck Dynasty family has MORALS. They value their family. They have a multi million $$ business based on a simple hand made design. They are college educated, they don't swear, hurt each other, glorify drugs or sex. They work together everyday and still like each other enough to have dinner together at the end of the day.

It doesn't matter what kind of clothes they wear or what their hair looks like, they are decent hard working people and I would MUCH rather have my grandson pick up on THEIR values than the uber rich socialite, supposedly high class "high society" nasty disgusting Kardashians my daughter made me watch yesterday. OMG talk about needing my eyes scrubbed. And my ears.

Roxanne
July 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM
You can't compare Honey Boo Boo to Duck Dynasty.

I have never watched HBB and never will, but the Duck Dynasty family has MORALS. They value their family. They have a multi million $$ business based on a simple hand made design. They are college educated, they don't swear, hurt each other, glorify drugs or sex. They work together everyday and still like each other enough to have dinner together at the end of the day.

It doesn't matter what kind of clothes they wear or what their hair looks like, they are decent hard working people and I would MUCH rather have my grandson pick up on THEIR values than the uber rich socialite, supposedly high class "high society" nasty disgusting Kardashians my daughter made me watch yesterday. OMG talk about needing my eyes scrubbed. And my ears.

Amen! I completely agree.

Cat n bull
July 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
roflmbbo - seriously, roflmbbo

Blondie, what EXACTLY kind of butt is a 'b' butt????

MartinaG
July 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I checked out HBB because curiosity got the better of me. When I saw the discarded toilet as part of the yard decor, I knew I was in trouble. The first time I made it through about 10 minutes before I switched channels. The second time I HAD to watch when the mom hired a lady to teach her girls some manners. I made it to the point where the sister blew her nose into the napkin. THAT WAS IT for me. Right now the booboos are laughing all the way to the bank but I feel sorry for the kids because they have to live in that environment.

Never watched Duck Dynasty but from what I understand they are hard-working folks. So more power to them.

MartinaG
July 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Blondie, what EXACTLY kind of butt is a 'b' butt????

If it were mine, the first b stands for big. lol

bubba
July 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
On the other hand, I like Pawn Stars, but I think it's over on the History Channel, not TLC.

Hulamoon
July 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Lol Amy That was good :)

I'll have to be in defense of the hoarders show. My uncle was one just like you see on the show. My aunt (his sister) tried to help him and said let's bring in a dumpster. He was outraged. When I went to visit right before he passed, and he passed while I was there. I said I'll help clean up. My dh and two kids went over and you couldn't even walk through the door. It was up to the ceiling in a three story house. It took thousand of dollars to haul it all out.

Hoarding is a disease, a mental disorder. So it might be ucky to watch and you think how crazy it is, it's real. I tried to tell my aunt he needs help, but she was in denial and just kept saying "Oh that's just Jack"

So unlike Boo Boo Baby, Hoarding brings to this problem attention to those that don't know their family member or friend needs serious help.

Lindagie
July 11th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Have to agree with Cathryn on this one. Duck Dynasty is a great show. They are smart, funny, and still have some morals and family values. They are not preachy about it either, but just mention things during the family dinner at the end of the show. Love it!
I have never watched HBB; couldn't get past the commercials. We watch Pawn Stars sometimes; I am amazed at some of the things that people will buy and sell. I may have to take another look in my basement.

auntiemern
July 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
This thread cracked me up. Hope you survive your HBB episode. How ever I too am a huge fan of DD. It makes me happy, happy, happy. They are hilarious. Uncle Si cracks me up, and the man makes a mean apron. When he handcuffed himself to Willie, and then had to go to the bathroom left me rolling. They are an amazing family with morals, and values and a love of God that comes first in their lives.
Hope your recovery is an easy one.

bhaggerty
July 11th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cannot stand Honey Boo Boo!

But LOVE Duck Dynasty!
Agree with Kensington!

Miss Sheri
July 11th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I've never seen either one, but from the amount of Junk on tv these days, and the descriptions depicted here, , , You may need counseling dear. :icon_heh:

MartinaG
July 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Oh, and most importantly, we learn what Hoarding really is - and I have YET to see a quilter on there.

There was one show about a quilter. I saw snippets of it and it made me realize that I don't have a problem.