PDA

View Full Version : Stopping by on my way out...

kensington
July 10th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Just wanted to say hi... I have been on a bit, but not as much as I'd like. We have been up to our elbows in alligators around here with restoring our basement. Everyday we have a new thing to do or go check on. There are decisions, decisions, decisions to be made. I did redesign my kitchen area into more of a wet bar/snack bar area, we picked the cabinets, got the floor plan and bought the cabinets, they came in today. I've looked at so much carpet I'm not sure which is which any more. We got all the white wainscoting up and trimmed out in the Bedroom, and bath plus the two closets. DH got the hallway and bathroom closet tiled and we are ready for grout. We bought the tile for the kitchen area last night. Over the weekend, we stained and sealed 37 boards we bought for our Mahogany wainscoting we are putting in the other two very large room, the game room and TV room. A process I came up with and am quite proud of if I do say so myself. Hubby is quite proud and everyone who has seen it says it's beautiful. I designed and picked my counter top and bar, and new bar sink. (It's going to be more of a snack bar area now) It was a full kitchen.

Well, this afternoon I am headed to sign off on our carpet which will be delivered and installed in 10 days. SOOO Much to do. But, it looks like we will make the deadline of the 25th for all things to be done. Our kids and grandkids start arriving for a week of vacation time on the 27th... I still have to buy one bed, a couch and some air mattress's for the kids. We will have four couples, 3 bachelors, and 8 kids staying here that week.

I wasn't sleeping at all, if I did it was so fitful and tear filled. I don't have time to think during the day... so much to do. But at night, I could not sleep because there was so much to think about, and I would cry. My dr gave me some instructions and said that he wants to see me in 5 weeks to be sure that once the basement is done, I can sleep again. He wanted to put me on something for depression and I said no. But, I'm using added Melatonin with my usual Ambien to see if we can KEEP me asleep at night. He doesn't want me to crash and burn before the end of the tunnel.

Still lurking in the back of each day... the septic system is still not right, and my back yard has a big hole in it... hoping to get that done in time too. It works but, it's just not right, we believe we have a clog at a joint of our laterals, and dh is trying to fix it himself rather than pay someone 5,000 to do it for him. UGH... I keep praying and believing... it's all going to be better for us when it's done!! Cause I KNOW that I KNOW that when God remodels something in your life... it's ALWAYS BETTER!! Peace out... I'm gone to the carpet store! :icon_wave:

grannyann
July 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM
You sure do have your plate full.

nyscpa2be
July 10th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I don't think I'd like to be up to my elbows in alligators - alligator purses belts and shoes maybe :)

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I was wondering how your restoration project was going. After fighting several very destructive leaks myself, I know how much you have to do, and mine was nothing like yours! Sounds like your new plan is going to be lovely. But, I would sure want to make sure your septic system was functioning perfectly, especially with a house full of guests coming! It would be worth the money to fix it completely and know you would never have to go through this again.

I don't know if you watch the 4th hour of the Today show, Kathie Lee threw a wedding for one of their staffers at her country place on Long Island. Just as the first guests were about to arrive, the septic system backed up, and no one could use the bathrooms! Yikes!

My septic company owner told me when I was shocked at the price to pump out my septic system, she said" Hey, it costs a lot of money to p**p in the country!" She was right about that!

shannonsaulter
July 10th, 2013, 06:40 PM
WOW what aa busy bee..all the stress will be worth it and if it all gets done it does and if a few things are still being worked on tell those kids come on pitch in...LOl..enjoy that company!

Grandma G
July 10th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I sure can see where your stress is coming from. That is a lot to try and get accomplished in the time remaining. Just take it one step at a time. I'm betting it will all fall into place although that is probably not what you are thinking right now. Positive thoughts headed your way.

Genny
July 10th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Just wanted to say hi... I have been on a bit, but not as much as I'd like. We have been up to our elbows in alligators around here with restoring our basement. Everyday we have a new thing to do or go check on. There are decisions, decisions, decisions to be made. I did redesign my kitchen area into more of a wet bar/snack bar area, we picked the cabinets, got the floor plan and bought the cabinets, they came in today. I've looked at so much carpet I'm not sure which is which any more. We got all the white wainscoting up and trimmed out in the Bedroom, and bath plus the two closets. DH got the hallway and bathroom closet tiled and we are ready for grout. We bought the tile for the kitchen area last night. Over the weekend, we stained and sealed 37 boards we bought for our Mahogany wainscoting we are putting in the other two very large room, the game room and TV room. A process I came up with and am quite proud of if I do say so myself. Hubby is quite proud and everyone who has seen it says it's beautiful. I designed and picked my counter top and bar, and new bar sink. (It's going to be more of a snack bar area now) It was a full kitchen.

Well, this afternoon I am headed to sign off on our carpet which will be delivered and installed in 10 days. SOOO Much to do. But, it looks like we will make the deadline of the 25th for all things to be done. Our kids and grandkids start arriving for a week of vacation time on the 27th... I still have to buy one bed, a couch and some air mattress's for the kids. We will have four couples, 3 bachelors, and 8 kids staying here that week.

I wasn't sleeping at all, if I did it was so fitful and tear filled. I don't have time to think during the day... so much to do. But at night, I could not sleep because there was so much to think about, and I would cry. My dr gave me some instructions and said that he wants to see me in 5 weeks to be sure that once the basement is done, I can sleep again. He wanted to put me on something for depression and I said no. But, I'm using added Melatonin with my usual Ambien to see if we can KEEP me asleep at night. He doesn't want me to crash and burn before the end of the tunnel.

Still lurking in the back of each day... the septic system is still not right, and my back yard has a big hole in it... hoping to get that done in time too. It works but, it's just not right, we believe we have a clog at a joint of our laterals, and dh is trying to fix it himself rather than pay someone 5,000 to do it for him. UGH... I keep praying and believing... it's all going to be better for us when it's done!! Cause I KNOW that I KNOW that when God remodels something in your life... it's ALWAYS BETTER!! Peace out... I'm gone to the carpet store! :icon_wave:

Well...you just wore me out:icon_bigsmile: Have fun at the carpet store!

Miss Sheri
July 10th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Hi Kensington, Just sending you a bunch of 'happy' vibes, an a little (Hug). It WILL all be worth it! Hang in there friend.

kensington
July 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Well, you know... what ever can go wrong, will go wrong, right? The carpet order was all set and ready last night, the girl just had to check with the "somebody" this morning to give us the final estimate and then I could sign and pay. So she called, I went to sign and pay and my card was denied. It's not that I was over my limit or the money was not there... it was. But, because I had made two large payments in less then 24 hours they froze my account for safety. Yes... I have money in my bank, I can't have. LOL. I had to go through a 2 layer security clearance to get my own money out of the bank. Proving I am me, and I am the one who has been depositing large amounts of money into my account and taking it out the next day... almost like laundering. LOL Sheesh.

So, after 2 hours I finally got home from "signing off on the carpet"...

Jean, I do have pics in process, but I'd rather wait until it's done and post before and after pics! KWIM?

PS... Back Hoe will be here Saturday to dig up Lateral's and replace. Dh is confident it will be fine. I hope his confidence gives me peace of mind. LOL.

New York Sue
July 10th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Flashback to my kitchen remodel! It is all very overwhelming, isn't it? I thought I'd go mad with all the decisions. It's been 6 years or so, and I still don't have cabinet handles or knobs.
And I'm really fine with that.
Keep your eye on the prize, chica. You'll soon be relaxing in your beautiful space!

kensington
July 11th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Flashback to my kitchen remodel! It is all very overwhelming, isn't it? I thought I'd go mad with all the decisions. It's been 6 years or so, and I still don't have cabinet handles or knobs.
And I'm really fine with that.
Keep your eye on the prize, chica. You'll soon be relaxing in your beautiful space!

Ohmy goodness, you just reminded me, I have to go choose and buy handles and knobs for the cabinets! I hadn't even thought of that! ROTFLOL. Thanks for the encouragement. It really is like swimming in the deep end. Dh always says that one day he wants to build a house. I told him yesterday, not with me... pick a new buddy. :icon_heh:

I think we will love it. Our carpenter told us today, it's going to be beautiful. Nice to hear.

Sew Perfect
July 11th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Wow...you're hand ARE full! Home improvements and remodeling does take a lot out of a person. I hope you will be able to enjoy everything very soon!

kensington
July 11th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Wow...you're hand ARE full! Home improvements and remodeling does take a lot out of a person. I hope you will be able to enjoy everything very soon!

Thank you, I also hope you and I can fulfill our M* date too! As soon as I get all the trim stained, my part is done. We can boot scoot and go. And, I will NEED it! Sheesh, I need it now!! LOL.

Sew Perfect
July 11th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Thank you, I also hope you and I can fulfill our M* date too! As soon as I get all the trim stained, my part is done. We can boot scoot and go. And, I will NEED it! Sheesh, I need it now!! LOL.

I will be waiting!

HdWench
July 11th, 2013, 05:43 AM
my Gosh Kensington, you have had your plate overflowing (uh pun not intended but I'll leave it in hehe)! I've a friend who takes Sam E as some herbal suppliment for depression - Just a mild all natural thing. not for me, I'm on the good stuff!! hehehe But if the Sam E would help you get past a bit of this overwhelming stuff eh?

Watch the Ambien!! I used to get up and eat without knowing I wasn't sleeping!! Falling asleep with the remote TV in my hand, and DH unable to wrestle it away Guess each person's body is different but that knocked me for a loop, but didn't keep me asleep. Hope you can get a few Good nights!! That too will ease some tension, and a planned trip to MSQ WOW ok you will be fine after some *fun* shopping fabric therapy!

What color carpet did you finally get?

oh yeah, we call and tell our bank we are Traveling IN the USA - they can only enter 4 states - so we hit the 5th and all of a sudden the cards don't work at the gas pump - For "our" safety BS!! Ugh, isn't that awful to add to what you are trying to get done?!

((((Hugs))) and it sounds like it will be SO worth it... later!! Hahahhaa DH and I built 2 houses and the next time I said the same thing - Find your next wife or buy one built, not going through that again!!!! bleck

Hope it settles down soon our dear friend, you need a nice break.

bkthomas
July 11th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Hope it all goes smoothly for you and you're feeling better by the time company comes!

SallyO'Sews
July 11th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Kensington, I'm so happy for all your remodeling plans! Hang in there, and "Keep your eyes on the prize!" And don't forget to post pictures!
Hugs, ~ Sally \0/