PDA

View Full Version : Wed Mar 2 - I am alive

Blondie
March 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/Stasibasiphobic/Sick.jpg

Good Morning, lovely peeps

I am alive. I am breathing. I will be back soon. Just taking my meds and snoozing muchly. I can't sit for too long yet. Heckfire, I can't even look through mags or stitch yet. I can't even get caught up on reading here. I hate being nosey and wanting to know wassup! So unsatisfying. Sigh.
I know I will appreciate wellness more once this is g-o-n-e
Play nice and say nice things about me while I am gone, lol.

Monique
March 2nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Blondie I am glad you are on the mend. You will soon be well enough to do all the things you want. Take good care of yourself. And I am sure no one is saying anything bad about you LOL!

Weather is nasty out here. Very windy and cold. Looks like it's a good day to get more quiting on my whole cloth quilt.

Happy Wednesday and happy quilting
Monique

Sandy Navas
March 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM

That's for everyone who is feeling a bit under the weather today. May this little guy bring you health!!

Not much scheduled - sewing, sewing, sewing. I have changed the name of my Zoe's quilt top to the "Crooked Path". Don't ever attempt to use gingham checks in a quilt again. Impossible. But, I figure by the time Zoe is old enough to catch all the errant seams I will have had time to make her a 'proper' quilt. I am so anxious to finish this one and move on to something that I know I will be completely satisfied with. Soon. If I get the border on today I can layer it and get it in the frame for quilting and then start cutting blocks for my next project. Fabric is all set out and waiting patiently.

Looking for SPRINNNG. I am SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO ready for warm air outside.

SuzyQue
March 2nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
"Don't ever attempt to use gingham checks in a quilt again. Impossible."---from Sandy------why not? is the problem the thinness of the gingham or the is the fabric off grain? Are all the little checks showing up as crooked? or the the pattern is not working out well. I am so sorry to hear you are having problems. I know you were excited about doing these quilts for the grand daughters.I bet it is not as bad as you think and no one else will see it the same way you do. I imagine it will be so happy and cheerful. I had wanted to make a baby quilt with various ginghams.....so perhaps we can figure out what went wrong before I begin????? Again----so sorry you are so frustrated! SuzyQue

Off to start the day---sunshine and cold air....but at least sunshine!!

debinmalaga
March 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Blondie glad you're alive and kicking :-). Trish, best wishes today, know you'll be anxious about Odie. Hang in there, girl.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

patticakes
March 2nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Hi all my quilty peeps!

Blondie, glad you were well enough to pop in and make sure we are behaving!
Trish, I'll be thinking of Odie and praying he is on the mend soon!
Gina, you made me remember my old Kenmore in the storage closet. It felt like an old friend when I got a new machine and I could not bear to give her (Thelma) away but now that I have been using my new one (Louise) for months it's time to find a new home for the old girl. She sews well but the reverse doesn't work. I think I will drop it off at Goodwill soon. Maybe she will end up with someone who has the skills like you to fix her up!

I still haven't got the fabric backing for my son's quilt, just have not felt like going to the store. Wish the weather would break but it is now March and by the end of the month it will be much warmer according to the weatherman. I can't wait!
Hope all those not feeling 100% today all get back on the "sunny side of the street" soon!
Later peeps!
Patti

Shirley
March 2nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Blondie glad you on the mend!! Get well soon - we miss you!

sally
March 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
IT IS SNOWING HERE....AGAIN or should I say STILL! UGHHH! My DH told me he remembered mowing the lawn once so his youngest could have her birthday outside. Her birthday was the 28 of FEB.
Blondie get well soon...lots of rest now! Everyone have a great day!
BRING ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janluna
March 2nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Good morning Ladies and gent(s)?. It's windy rainy and snowing. temp is in the 20's again.
Blondie good to hear your fighting your flu?or whatever. Rest, Rest, Rest, fluids,fluids fluids, in that order. :D Love you.
Trish I'm praying for Odie to get the best treatment and healing and for your nerves!
Sandy thanks for the heads up about gingham.
I'll be on off and on. Love to all, Hugs, Jan L

Sandy Navas
March 2nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
"Don't ever attempt to use gingham checks in a quilt again. Impossible."---from Sandy------why not? is the problem the thinness of the gingham or the is the fabric off grain? Are all the little checks showing up as crooked? or the the pattern is not working out well. I am so sorry to hear you are having problems. I know you were excited about doing these quilts for the grand daughters.I bet it is not as bad as you think and no one else will see it the same way you do. I imagine it will be so happy and cheerful. I had wanted to make a baby quilt with various ginghams.....so perhaps we can figure out what went wrong before I begin????? Again----so sorry you are so frustrated!!

Okay, confession time, I guess. There are several things that would keep me from using ginghams again - one being the thinness - which I got around by ironing a woven stabilizer on the back. It is neigh-on impossible to get the checks to line up perfectly to cut them square. Every gingham I used was a different sized check (which I liked), but so hard to get a perfect cut . . . so I just cut. Okay, not a problem - it's random anyway. Then I cut my sashing and trimmed, pieced, trimmed, put all my blocks together but it seemed that some of them needed more trimming than others . . . the sashing isn't uniform throughout - another design feature. I do have to admit up front that I am NOT a perfectionist - never have been, never will be, but I would like my work as if I knew what I was doing. Hopefully Zoe will love her quilt and make a tent out of it in the backyard and enjoy it immensely - but I don't want to sew on checks again. Maybe that and the polka-dots made me dizzy.

I'm off to add the border and then layer it up and quilt (doing by hand - I think . . . not sure as yet).

LynneLeavell
March 2nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Blondie glad you're getting better. Get plenty of rest and plenty of fluids. You will be back to sewing and reading in no time.

The weather is great here. A little chilly in the mornings but the day get up to about 65 or 70 degrees.

Happy Day Everyone.

Lynne Leavell

toggpine
March 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Morning All!
Blondie, glad to hear you are still with us, even in your weakened condition! I hope Lin, Gina, and their families are are feeling better too.

It's rainy & windy here today. I've fired up the woodstove to take the chill off of the house. It takes a bit longer than kicking up the thermostat, but I love the the heat! We have been here 6 years and only used the central heat for two weeks before we had the stove installed. I can't imagine what our power bill would be if we ran that thing! Ugh!

I finished the center of the quilt with the honey bun. I need to decide how to add the borders. I think I'll go with some solid colors and then add a narrow border of the leftover bits from the honey bun to bring the colors farther out to the edge. While I am waiting to get to the fabric store I'll dig out another UFO to finish up.

I hope you all have a great day!
Cathy

quiltingtrish
March 2nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone~
Just waiting here for a phone text or call from Odie. They moved his surgery up to 10 this morning. I should have asked him to give my number to his roommate to call me - guessing he'll be on the pain medication for a bit. He said they told him he will see purple elephants for awhile with the strength of the pain medication. So - I wait.

DH has decided to not pursue the stuff going on at school. They still haven't gotten back to him. He is so disappointed that the kids were talked into writing down stuff about him that he has decided to not even go back to subbing. He also has decided to not be the Director of the day camp this summer. He said even though he knows he didn't do anything wrong - says the only thing they can 'pin' on him is that he leaned over the kids shoulders to help them with work - that it's too easy for them to say something that isn't true and it would ruin his life. I agree with him there. I am very cautious what I say to a kid or how close I get to them. I plan on retiring in 6 years from the school - just have to hang on that long. I told him that if he quits, that 'they have won'. The more I thought about it - it's the kids who lose because my husband is one who truly cares about them and how they turn out. He never walked into a classroom and gave them a word search or a study hall. He actually taught the information. Shame on them and on the society that's out there telling the kids to cry wolf when they don't even know what they are doing to peoples lives. The sad thing is not only do the kids lose, but he has lost - I can see it in his heart. So, enough about that.

Need to run to the food store - not my favorite places. Need to sweep and tidy up around here. I did get to church and got a quilt layered. Yeah for me! Now, it's ready to sit and quilt. Also need to write bills and get the tax stuff gathered for submitting. Do it all online and hope it's right. It's free, so what the heck.

Hope those feeling bad this morning are getting better hour by hour. Sure miss them around here.

Hope the sun is shining where you are!
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
March 2nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Shame on them and on the society that's out there telling the kids to cry wolf when they don't even know what they are doing to peoples lives. The sad thing is not only do the kids lose, but he has lost - I can see it in his heart. So, enough about that. Hugs,

Trish, I pray that by the time you see this that you will have heard from Odie and that the elephants are fading into the woodwork.

I am so upset about this and know how absolutely helpless you must feel and how frustrated. I had a note from a friend this afternoon and we were discussing church attendance - she mentioned they had stopped going to some churches because of the 'people' but that those people will have to face their maker some day . . . your husband's accusers know they are wrong and someday will face their maker. It is such a shame that kids are allowed to get away with their nonsense these days. So SAD.

Patrice
March 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Hope you feel better soon Blondie!
Hugs

sewsoft
March 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Hello Ladies, Blondie I promise if we talk about you we'll do it in front of your back, and we always only have good things to say because you are totally awesome. ;)
quiltingtrish- I hope the best in the end.
Everyone have a great day- Have you seen the picture for the new swap! I love the animal prints!!! That's going to make a awesome and totally wild quilt!

Onetiredmomma
March 2nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
Time for bed! I hope all of your dreams come true. Sleep well everyone.

janluna
March 3rd, 2011, 12:03 AM
Trish, my heart goes out to you and your husband. It must have taken a lot for him to quit. Kids today are given the right information but sometimes not in the right way. If they think they can use it against an adult they use it. Parents are wrong to let them get away with it. I'm so sorry! My prayers are with you and Michael and Odie. How is Odie doing?
Hugs, Jan

quiltingtrish
March 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Odie finally texted around 6 tonight and said he's been sleeping and he'll call tomorrow night. Said he's going back to sleep. He was a sleeper anyway so I'm sure those pain meds are kicking in too. Said the surgery went well and that's all I needed to know. He is back in his barracks.

I SEE A SPECIAL LADY ON PAGE 52 IN A MAGAZINE SITTING ON MY DINING ROOM TABLE AND THE LITTLE LADY THAT MADE HER IS BLONDIE! Well, now, I knew about her project in the magazine but I finally got around to buying one tonight. And, it's mine, all mine.

Hope you all are feeling better tonight. See ya in the morning!

Hugs,

Blondie
March 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
ta da! thank you Trish.
Hugggs
Blondie