PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already

Blondie
July 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM

Hello Folksies!

I haven't had enough coffee yet to be sure, but, that there threading a needle with a machine running is a keeper. Thanks Libby!

I didn't do much yesterday; but I did go through the drawers of the cabinet of the old singer. What fun. Oodles of old bias tape, ancient sewing card with needles in them, little boxes with tracing paper and wheel; an old singer booklet on sewing, The machine has a little bench that came with it, and the lid comes off. Inside the seat was more tracing paper, old gift wrap and a cookbook from a Danville, Va. organization of some sort.

No rain for my place yesterday, although the thunder in the afternoon was long and loud! The kind that rumbles the ground. I am assuming all that we were supposed to have received then will arrive today. I think I know what it feels like to live in a rainforest ! Our ground is positively spongey. Doesn't the Northwest (Or and Wa) get loads of rain? Oy. I need a pair of flippers! The good thing? Tomatoes are grooving on the humidity. I also have been able to get a few blueberries and blackberries. Not a lot of those yet, but, the blackberry bushes are LOADED.

One of my favorite and closest girl cousins, Lorie, has had a stroke. It has affected her speech and walking. Prayers for her would be most appreciated. She lives in Orlando, so I am not able to get down there. It is just devastating to try to speak to her on the phone. Lorie is a cousin on my Mom's side. Mom has two sisters still living and this cousin is from her baby sister, Flo. Flo is my favorite auntie. She has always been like a second Mom to me. She and my uncle are my Godparents. They really took that title seriously and to this day never let me forget that I am also their daughter. I hate we live so far away from each other. When I lived in Florida, I saw them every day. My uncle is the one who gave me the moniker of Blondie.

Well, kids, it's time to kiss the big fella good bye for the day, grab me a fresh cuppa, and sit outside to enjoy the morning before the heat attacks me. Blessings, hugs and prayers to each one. I wish you the happiest of days, so you can have smiles to spare.

Monique
July 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Good morning. Blondie, I will say prayers for your dear Cousin. There isn't too much going on in my world lately. Hubby's birthday is Friday and I keep asking him what he wants to do. No answer yet. So I guess we won't be doing anything. Oh well his loss.

Another work day, but I think today I proquiltinate. Yesterday at lunch, I took a little walk and was invited to sit with two ladies and visit with them. What a lovely gesture and it helped to pass the time away. I do have a three hour lunch break. The humidity is killing me. Another hot one again today but we are expecting showers so maybe there will be a break in the humidity.

Have a great day friends.

**Edit** I watched the movie 'Dirty Dancing' for the 1000th time yesterday and I still had a tear in my eye at the end. I just can't get enough of that movie.

MRoy
July 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I hope Lorie has a full recovery from her stroke. Thunderstorms predicted here today, my yard needs mowing bad and the mower is broken! The parts should arrive today so I'm hoping the rain holds off 'til I can cut the grass. I'm headed back to work today after taking yesterday off to keep an eye on the granddaughter. She appears to be over her sickness...thank God! She scared us Monday night. Bless her heart, she's a real trooper!

Trish04
July 10th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning, prayers for Lorie for a speedy recovery! Have a great day!

aliaslaceygreen
July 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning! Back to work for ONE day, lol and then off tomorrow... I do like this getting rid of vacation time a bit at a time... I will probably NOT get anything special done, but oh well

Thinking of your cousin, dear Blondie!

Weather seems unstable..can't seem to decide what to do....

Have a great day!

Bubby
July 10th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Good Morning,

The Girls and I are having a fun morning. They just ate and both are full of energy and want me involved in everything. Little Olive is the sweetest and happiest Scotty. She's helping me type this. I took them both to the vet yesterday and they got a thumbs up.

We're having a lot of thunder this morning and we are supposed to get a storm but no reduction in the sweltering temps. Jeff just left for work. I am working on another PICU quilt - the binding.

Blondie, my prayers are for a complete recovery for Lorie. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone here struggling with health issues.

I need to get off here....the lightning is getting worse. Have a great day everyone!

mom4him
July 10th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Good Morning, Blondie. I am so sorry about your cousin. I will be praying for her. Hopefully she is receiving good rehab? It can get better.
When I get a chance to read your posts it always lifts me up. I pray you have a very blessed day.

Renate
July 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Blondie, how do you do it, make me laugh all over each time I read your Posts. Sweety you are just wonderful!!!

Sandy Navas
July 10th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Adding Lorie to my prayer list. Hoping for a full recovery.

Thunderstorm in the middle of the night - lightening woke me, but it doesn't appear that we've gotten much rain from it. Strange weather. Like everyone else, hot and humid. There is so much yard work that needs done around here and I am totally overwhelmed . . . and then I look at the kids messes and the overwhelmedness just increases.

Momma is still as big as a barn and taking it V E R Y E A S Y per doctor's orders. She goes in Friday and right now we think he will probably induce . . . but she expected that on Monday and he changed his mind. Contractions continue on a regular basis but no definite labor as yet. We are all getting very anxious.

I spent almost all day yesterday going through a wealth of embroidery designs that I've collected since I first bought my machine. I do know for a fact that I have over quarter million designs (various formats though) and that includes the instructions for some, color charts, etc. I'm deleting all the formats that I can't use to free up space and allow me to find things easier. If you don't have an embroidery machine then reading this paragraph probably was a waste of your time . . . just like me saving some of those designs I've collected, well . . . just because they were free or something.

Al is still in California - won't be home until Saturday morning. I can tell he's having a very difficult time visiting his Mom - she's terribly depressed and having such health issues, nothing serious other than old age and colds and bladder issues which she's dealt with for years. The most trouble comes because she doesn't recognize him or know that he's her son . . . truly got to me because I spent the last several years going through that with my mother before she passed. Like they say, the worst thing to lose is one's mind. Luckily his Dad is bright, alert, and enjoying his later years to the fullest.

Okay, enough here - if Cathy in WA picks up on this, send her over to the SSS group as a follow up to her last post . . .

Prayers going to all in need. Special prayers to those who are facing such difficult challenges. Hugs abound! Oh, and enjoy your day.

Lindagie
July 10th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Wow, the last thunder bolt scared the bejesus out of my pup. She was near the door and almost ran right through it getting back in the house. Every noise scares her anyway, but this one was a dandy! We are both happy that all the fireworks are gone for awhile too. I think it rained enough to get the sidewalk wet; that is about it though. I hope the cooler weather stays around.
Have not touched the sewing machine since finishing my mug rug; guess I better get back at it this week. I have way too many UFOs to finish up before I can start anything new.
Prayers for everyone who needs them; we are off to the doctor for DH's lab work. Have a great day everyone. Bubby, your Scotties are adorable!

Granny Judy
July 10th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Saying a prayer for Lorie and all our other family/friends who are going thru some rough times right now. Know that you are loved and not alone in this journey.

Sandy, I keep telling myself I need to clean out this computer with all it's "bookmarks" to quilts, blocks and Tutorials. Then there are the Blogs!!! I can't keep up with the 50 I've saved. Thank goodness not everyone has a new post everyday... I'd never get anything done.

I'm working on some UFO projects and doing the Mystery Quilt that is linked to the group in my signature.. Then there is this Block I want to work out for July's find.. from a quilt DD received from her other Grandmother.
51180 She made the blocks, but had someone else finish it for her..
Anyone know what this block is called?? Just curious.

MayinJerset
July 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Blondie, Hope your cousin recovers. So much bad health news lately everywhere so I wanted to concentrate on some Good News for a change. Checked to see what grandkids are up to this summer. DGD Christine and DH are loving living in the Garden District of New Orleans. They passed on the house they were interested in, too many problems came up so they will continue to rent for awhile. Busy summer for them as many friends and family plan to visit and in August DGD starts a new job. She is presently working in the ER of Orleans' biggest hospital but doesn't like for it. She's looking forward to be working with newborns like she did in CA. We will probably visit them in the Fall, know her mom and dad, DS#2, plan a November visit. Her sister, DGD Catherine is busy this summer teaching, she is a high school Special Ed. teacher, and with her BF just back from his trip to China and Maylasia with his college's debating team they will be enjoying some time together this summer.

DGD Mary in northern CA, DS#1's oldest DD, is busy working in her BF's construction business, they are also designing a tool to help adobe from cracking in corners of doors and windows. Their town has chickens running around and they are building a chicken coop to house a new generation of chickens that they have been feeding in their back yard. Her sister, DGD Laura is busy with her 2 boys, great grandsons George and Jack, and youngest sister, DGD Elizabeth - a college student, is working at well known local ice cream shop and hanging with her pals at the beach.

That leaves DGgirls in southern CA, they both have summer jobs. In Mass. DGD Josi is attending Cabaret Camp at night, we expect to be there to see her show end of July. She is looking for a summer job, difficult for a 16 year old, and her brother Ben is attending cooking camp again this summer. Wonder what new goodies he will cook up for us.

Shirley
July 10th, 2013, 10:39 AM
So very sorry about your cousin. Prayers being sent her way .

cyndiofthevortex
July 10th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your cousin, Blondie. I hope she makes a complete recovery. She'll get lots of prayers said for her by the folks here, including me.

I have a long list of household chores staring me in the face, but all I can think about is choosing which new quilt to work on today, the blue and white one or the batik stars. Maybe both! My Viking Megaquilter was acting up a month ago so I oiled it and cleaned it well and put it aside to sit and take a break while I used my other machine. I just got it out to finish up a baby quilt and after another adjustment or two it is back to working like a dream. It just hums as if it is so happy to be sewing with me. I love it! It is the best purchase I ever made. Hope you all have a great day and take the time to do something that makes you happy.

auntiemern
July 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Morning all. So sorry to hear about your cousin, will certainly keep her in my prayers. Not much going on here today. Working on DH quilt. Went to the track with DH last night. I did one lap, then got scared if I did another one, I would have trouble making it back up the hill, where my inhaler was. Was not happy with my self. I don't have trouble walking, but do have trouble with hill. Oh well I will just walk up in the parking lot, which is huge, while DH runs and walks his 3-4 miles. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

toggpine
July 10th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Sorry I missed you all yesterday.
It was an early morning so we could go pick our first load of hay for the season. Hubby had a pretty bad reaction to the hay. His eye looked like he had a double case of pink eye. I sent him into shower after we unloaded the hay. I finally got him to take a bendryl and let me put drops in his eye. It looked some better by bed time when I made him take another dose.
After we unloaded the trailer I settled in the two new babies that were born while we were out, and tidied up around the farm. After a shower and a spot of supper, I sat on the couch and fell asleep for an hour!

Today it is much cooler as the marine layer (high fog) has rolled in. It's supposed to be sunny by this afternoon. I have some laundry to finish off and hopefully get back to working on the borders for the quilt top.

Sandy, thanks for "bumping" the comments in the group page! We eat the animals that behave like that around here. Of course if I wore pants like that, I'd probably deserve what I got!

Hugs and prayers for our quilty friends and family. It truly sounds as if everyone is having a hard battle lately.
Take care of yourselves!
Cathy