PDA

View Full Version : Baseball and underpants

MartinaG
July 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
My DH asked me to go to a baseball game this weekend so we went to San Francisco and watched his Giants get beat by the LA Dodgers. I had all sorts of questions and Pat was so patient in answering. Can you tell that I'm not into BB? I asked him something about the uniforms and he kept going on about underpants. He should have recognized the puzzled look on my face but I think he was just so excited about being at the game that he didn't. Well, I was sitting there in anticipation of seeing someone's underpants......when the next batter was announced. His name: Hunter Pence. I laughed out loud.

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Too funny! When I was little I lived in CA and went to the Dodger stadium quite a few times. My mom had box seats from her company. That was the first place I drank a beer with my mom because I just turned 21 now that I think of it. I wasn't too much into baseball either but it's easy to get caught up into the crowd.

Sandy Navas
July 9th, 2013, 10:38 PM
It does make you wonder what 'parents' are thinking when they name their children . . . After all, my real name is Ima Snickledorfer.

ilive2craft2
July 9th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Reminds me of the old prank phone calls from when I was a kid - way before there was caller id.... :)

Grandma G
July 9th, 2013, 11:40 PM
It does make you wonder what 'parents' are thinking when they name their children . . . After all, my real name is Ima Snickledorfer.

Sandy - that reminds me of a lady that is very well known in Texas, especially in the Houston area. She was very, very wealthy and quite the philanthropist. Her first name was Ima. Her last name was Hogg. True story. I don't think she ever married. Guess the guys couldn't get past her name...

K. McEuen
July 9th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Sandy - that reminds me of a lady that is very well known in Texas, especially in the Houston area. She was very, very wealthy and quite the philanthropist. Her first name was Ima. Her last name was Hogg. True story. I don't think she ever married. Guess the guys couldn't get past her name...

Her father was Governor of Texas at one point. Ima was real, but there was no sister named Ura.

Ima Hogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg)

HdWench
July 10th, 2013, 12:00 AM
omg BEST laugh I've had thank you all!! Ima *snort* Snickle..... yeah I'm not believing that one either :icon_rofl:

toggpine
July 10th, 2013, 12:24 AM
My sister wanted to know why it was an Italian Run and the others were just normal. The tying run sis the TYING run.
She couldn't remember the nickname of our closing pitcher either. To her, Randy Johnson will always be "The Pirate", instead of "The Sheriff".
Oh the things we think we hear!

ilive2craft2
July 10th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Remember the Elton John song "Philadelphia Freedom"? Someone I know admitted to thinking the lyrics were Feel a dove for your freedom. I still crack up every time I hear that song... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJHL34DiBY

auntiemern
July 10th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Absolutely to funny. Sitting here cracking up, just thinking of all the mis spoken words I have heard in my life time.

tesspug
July 10th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Reminds me of Abbot and Costello. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXwt83hYkE

Blondie
July 10th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Oh my goodness, I am grooving on this read. Loving the feeling a dove for liberty. LOL. I have hearing loss from scar tissue on my ear drums. Hubs is a low talker, so I am constantly say, 'scuse me,pardon me, or What? But way back in the day when Simon and Garfunkel had the song Celia out, instead of hearing them sing "Celia, you're breaking my heart, you're shaking my confidence daily" I would sing "you're shaking my coffee and gravy". Why they had to shake either never entered my mind. But then, I always knew I was blonde.

SallyO'Sews
July 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl: Really enjoying this. True story about unusual names:

In 1962, my dad was transferred from New Orleans, LA, to the London, England, office of his company. The boss in his new job was a lovely British gentleman nearing retirement age by the name of C. Stribling Snodgrass. Everyone in the office called him Strib. One day, my dad remarked to a co-worker that most folks who go by their middle names do so because they don't like their first names. So, what name that starts with C could be so terrible that one prefers "Stribling"? Charles? Christopher? Claude? Carl? Clive?

The co-worker replied, "Cornelius."

MartinaG
July 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
A German friend of mine told me of a linguistic mishap her husband had at work. He told his boss that they needed a laminator (to laminate some papers). The boss just nodded and walked away. A little later he reminded his boss that he still needed to laminate.
His boss responded with irritation "all right - all right, I'll be right back........and came back with a tall glass of......LEMONADE.

I can only imagine that accent. lol