PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
July 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM

Hello Folksies!

The above shall be my theme today. I shall not answer the phone. I shall not open the door. I shall not do anything but indulge myself in playing with fabric.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Prayers, lots of prayers for those here and their loved ones. Smiles and hugs for everyone else too.

Blondie

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good plan, Blondie! I'm all for that!

I sadly watched two families I love pack up the belongings for a long distance move yesterday. My dear next door neighbors are leaving this morning for Houston. Their monster moving van blocked my driveway for hours, I had to worm my way between the cab of the truck on one side and the fireplug on the other to get into my driveway. Being mad made me not feel so sad, but when the truck pulled away, then it hit me. But even harder was seeing my daughter pack it all up for her move to Atlanta. I lost it as I walked around their lovely pool for the last time. We'll have some QUALITY TIME together for a few weeks as they and two big dogs take up residence in my front bedroom until they formally close on their Atlanta home. This will be fun! More people, two dogs and a cat and a house full of fabric and play costumes! Yikes, no quilts for me for a while!

Life as I know it will be different, that's for sure.

Prayers to our friends facing the fight against cancer, especially now that we know about Marilyn's diagnosis, we will be praying for her as she undergoes treatment. Thinking about Ruby, waiting for her tests to see what's going on. So glad Steffie is finished with hers nd feeling pretty good. And for those facing the fight in the background, you are included in our prayers also.

Have a good day, my peeps! Keep cool and dry!

aliaslaceygreen
July 9th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Good morning! I know, I have been mostly MIA, and then tried to come back yesterday, only to discover that I am having some kind of Chrome issue. I can post while on Firefox, which I don't like, but Chrome...not so much. So, that means I need to switch back and forth until I figure things out. Arrgh.

I have lots of hugs ready for shipping, to any place they are needed for all the problems and trials we are all undertaking!

Be good! I have to go drop DD off at the airport for a vacation in Jamaica with her bestie. Then, quilt group today! Which is good, because I cant seem to quilt on my own!

Take care!

Granny Judy
July 9th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I'll echo what Jean said when It comes to prayers for our "family" here. You Know There Is a Plan for us all.... Right?

Blondie, enjoy your Fabric Time. I'm sure you have earned it and NEED it. I'll be joining you right after I get a couple of loads of laundry done. We are getting some showers today and I wanna finish up a top that's been in the UFO pile for a couple of Years.

Will check back with ya later...

MRoy
July 9th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning! I'm sending prayers for all those who need them. DGD got so nauseous yesterday evening that we took her to the ER (we don't have urgent care here). Her blood work was good and, after some IV fluids and medication, she came home and rested well last night. The dr thought she may have gotten too hot yesterday so I'll be keeping her cool at home today and giving her plenty to drink. Please keep her in your thoughts.

patchiereggie
July 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Proquiltinating! Fantastic word! Not that I get to do a lot of it, daily matters get in the way and I don't manage to ignore them.
Last night I had to bake three cakes and make a money gift card for a colleague who got married, and after that was all done I didn't get to do the binding on my latest project. But tonight - maybe. We are looking at a bigger flat tonight, something I am quite excited about. Although this will be just No. 1 it's good to get going on the idea of moving to a bigger place. The situation in our recent flat is quite unbearable for me. Anyhow, life in all is exciting and I am enjoying it deeply, trying to make the best of each and every situation. I hope y'all have a nice day. Hugs to all in need!

Over40momma
July 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM
We finally got our power back on. Toronto is in the midst of serious flooding with more rain coming. Still more than 100,000 people without power, we are lucky to have ours back. They are still warning that we may lose it as they repair other sections of the grid. I have been seriously jonesing from not getting my forum fix. :lol:

Myrna, sounds like your daughter got a touch of heatstroke. Prayers coming your way as well as for the rest of our family here. I have been kind of nuts waiting to see Marilyn's post and when I did, bashed the daylights out of my poor screen. Not my usual modus operandi so kids asked what was wrong. Told them and they said they would pray too. Made me cry and feel proud at the same time.

I did get to do some work on my placemats and start quilting on them with my machine. First one was a disaster, but I found a rhythm that seems to be working well. It's not perfect but looks pretty decent to me. :icon_whistle: Ok, time to stop gabbing and check out everything else that has been going on.....looks like you've all been pretty busy! :icon_bigsmile:

Have a great day everyone, it's a gift we should not squander.

MayinJerset
July 9th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Has to be very hot this am because DH has the AC running as it is supposed to be. Need to water all my big potted plants on the deck and by the front door as the flowers are looking a bit wilted from all the recent hot and sunny days. I forgot about them for awhile because of all the rain we received the past few weeks. Lawn could use watering also as it has lost its dark green color in spots.

Yesterday my Pillowcase co-coordinator and I met our ConKerr Cancer north NJ coordinator and gave her 120 pillowcases so now all of the hospitals on our list have a nice supply of pillowcases for a few months. That is good because I think we may have to cancel our July Pillowcase Sew In at our Guild because the building's AC has broken down. We meet at a local park in one of their annex buildings that isn't used very much so replacing the AC quickly may not be a priority with the park. Summer time we don't get many members attend the Saturday Pillowcase Sew Ins, don't blame them as everyone likes to make the most of their summer weekends. Time for a coffee refill and then off to get some work done around here. May

SallyO'Sews
July 9th, 2013, 12:13 PM
It's a good thing I can't bring my sewing machine to work with me, or I'd be proquiltinating all day, every day! :D

auntiemern
July 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Today is another day. Feeling good, and actually quite happy with the decisions we are making. I truly appreciate all the well wishes, and prayers. I need all I can get right now. Haven't let the blues set in yet. I know there will be times though. Not really looking forward to surgery, as I have never been cut on before. I am currently hand quilting DH's bass quilt. Next on my list is Gabe's Sponge Bob quilt, which I doubt I will get done before his birthday at the end of this month. It may have to wait til Christmas. Wishing all a great day. Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

EnumclawGramma
July 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Good Morning! Good ol' MIA Libby here checking in! We've been steadily working toward our big party this Saturday. The guest list has grown to 50+! Nearly done with the yard preparations and inside as well. My daughter and I sat down and made a list this morning of things to buy and things to do and boy howdy! Oy Vey! Ugh! It'll all come together and once it's over I'm going in my sewing room and not coming out till the first day of school!

I've managed to keep up with my swaps. Miracle of miracles. And I did manage to get all my fabric stash onto comic boards (last count 150) and somewhat organized. I'll post pics. I can't wait to finish up my UFOs and start something new. But that has to wait.

Today I'm going out to weed and prune. Anyone wanna come help? I've got coffee, coke, beer....name your pleasure! I'll even feed you!

Hugs and Prayers to those of you going through some hard times. Marilyn, you've been on my mind, keeping you close in thought and prayer. The rest of you.....enjoy the day. I'll be more "visible" in a few days, promise!

Madeforyouinma11
July 9th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone... proquilting....how I wish I could do that today, but I do have so things around the house that need to get done. I will, however, finish the sheer curtains and valances I am making for my kitchen and dining room, so at least I get to play with fabric today.
So I had received a letter in the mail from my Drs office changing the date of my cystoscopy from the 19th to the 26th...UGH. I was already going crazy having to wait until the 19th. So yesterday I called to see if I could at least get the results from my CT scan and he called me today to let me know that it was normal...thank God! So I have passed 2 out of three tests now. So my kidneys are ok, and there are no cancer cells in the blood in my urine, but it could still be the bladder and that I won't know until I go on the 26th.
We have not said anything to the kids yet. They just lost their dad in February so I don't want to worry them if I don't have to. They were told I was having the tests because of my age and because I smoked, which isn't untrue, just not the whole truth. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for good results, it's working. Marilyn, I think of you so many times throughout my day and I'm praying for you. Stay positive and know we are here for you.
Well, off to do a little more reading and then back to work on things that need getting done. Have a great day everyone.

cyndiofthevortex
July 9th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Hello all! I slept in this morning and boy was it glorious! DD Bethany went to the ER yesterday while I watched the kids. They are testing her for Lyme's Disease, which I hope she does not have! I'll be watching the kids today, too. I did get a baby quilt all quilted yesterday and the binding is cut, so I hope to get that sewn on before I am inundated with children who need their grammie. It's hard on everyone when there's a sick mother in the house.

Monique
July 9th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Ok I am a proquiltinator. I quilt at work.

Precious1
July 9th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Hello. Hope everyone had a happy Tuesday. Today did not start out good for me. I suffer from allergies & sinus that can trigger respiratory issues. Well since Friday morning they've been acting to the point that I had to go to the doctor on Monday. I really don't like to take medicine. I sometimes think the side effects are not worth the cure. But, because I need to breathe, I've been a good little girl and I've been taking my meds. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night, honestly, I didn't sleep at all.

BUT, I am happy to say, I'm alive and as long as I'm living, I will continue to smile. Although a little sad right that I can't sew right now. My thoughts and prayers are for my forum family. Especially those that are experiencing some difficult times. May God continue to give you strength.