PDA

View Full Version : I want to tell you something funny - sort of!

bkthomas
July 9th, 2013, 03:16 AM
On my first day here last month, I got in in the evening - we talked a while and went to bed.
Well, the next morning we got up and Roxy was asking me where my phone was - now remember they sent me the phone and they are paying the bill - so anyway - I could not find it and she tried calling and calling and calling as we looked in different places i.e. the SUV, my bag my room and could not here it.
Now I don't recall all the details but it seems we were out and about......oh yes, James had the SUV at work and we went up to the hospital to check (he works as a Nurse in the Army)
We also had called him and he thought he had gps locator on that phone - not!
Then we started getting texts from my DD in Utah - it was at the airport, they had texted her with my phone....
So anyway we went back to the airport and picked it up.......
You would think that would be the end of the story....not!

The first time we went downtown Honolulu to one of the ABC stores to get my shorts and sandals for a beach day...
...well I have to take my glasses of to see price tags etc.....Roxanne saw me set them down on some t-shirts and said,"Don't leave yours glasses there"
We were a few blocks away when I said, "I LEFT MY GLASSES!"

Needless to say they have kept a sharp eye on me the last few weeks......Like a naughty kid.
But ya know it's nice to have someone watching out for ya!

kensington
July 9th, 2013, 03:21 AM
I am always looking for my glasses. Some times I see them and I don't see them. LOL

lilmouse
July 9th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Me too and I can't see very well without them!

Andrea F
July 9th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Haha, I can so relate to leaving things at mysterious places and not finding them for ages. I have my first reading glasses and I always carry them in my handbag to have them with me at both of my work places. But lately I do need to have them more often in my sewing area and sometimes forget them there. Fortunately, holding tiny little letters more away from my eyes does work most of the time for now. I have a bigger problem with finding notes that I wrote on pieces of paper, which I do a lot. They just seem to dissapear. I think I might have some black holes in my house ;)

HdWench
July 9th, 2013, 05:10 AM
aw Kathy that means you are having SO much fun and enjoying yourself to forget the little things that only sometimes matter ;-)

Glasses! oh my cleaned up my sewing room before we hit the road and "found" Andrea's black hole and several other people's worth of glasses!!!!!! Got smart, put them all in one Large Zip lock baggie JUST where I knew I could find them :icon_rolleyes: So if you see a large Zip lock baggie full of glasses, tell the cat/dog/DH etc to return them!!

Thanks Kathy for sharing that, I'm really happy to hear you are having such a good time

Doloris
July 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM
that's why I go to the dollar store and buy a dozen pairs. I have glasses all over the house. My DH used to wear them and his head is bigger than mine and he would stretch them out, so he even has a bunch here and there.

HdWench
July 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mine too Doloris!!!! Man with Big Head get's hit with pan by wife with smaller head cuz glasses dont' FIT said smaller head after he wears them :-) Now I buy RED or bright yellow that he will NOT use hehehe we wives have a way of getting things to ourselves ;-) just saying

;-D :icon_heh:

MayinJerset
July 9th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I always wear my RX sunglasses when I go out as I am very sensitive to sun glare but need to take them off when I go indoors or need to read small print. Came up with a good solution years ago after loosing my glasses, now I push the glasses on top of my head so they are always with me. Makes my hair look funny sometimes but I don't lose or misplace my glasses any longer.

Over40momma
July 9th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Kathy, I have been having a lot of those "senior moments" myself. Told my kids it was because I was born old and am now enjoying my second childhood. :icon_happy:

SallyO'Sews
July 9th, 2013, 12:16 PM
You mean I'm not the only one??? Thanks for the smile, Kathy! So glad you're enjoying your visit.

auntiemern
July 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I do the same thing as May. They are always on top of my head. Forgetfullnes is just another one of those wonderful features of getting older.

Sharyn J
July 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM
If Facebook can locate ME, why can't they find my glasses or keys?