PDA

View Full Version : Now We Know

auntiemern
July 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I had my doctors appt this morning. It is cancer. However it is Squamous Cell, which is much better than the other 2 it could have been. He had me do another pulmonary function test, which was better than the previous one in the hospital. I have been breathing at 97-98 on room air so I knew my breathing had improved. He also had me do another walking test, with doing 2 flights of stairs and I still only dropped to 93. That's not that bad.
He told me exactly what I wanted to hear. He is all for having a wedge resection to just take it out and get rid of it. I could not have been happier. This is a very risky surgery with a long recovery time, but given the alternatives I am all for it. That is what I was hoping they could do. So I am all good, knowing what I have to look forward to. No Chemo, and maybe some radiation. Asking for continued prayer, cuz all so far have been answered the way I wanted them to.
Hugs, and many thanks to all my prayer warriors, and those that have been sending positive energy.

cyndiofthevortex
July 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I wish I knew the right words to say. I'm so proud of you and how strong you are. I am sorry that it is cancer. I hope the docs are able to get rid of it all, and the sooner the better. Now we'll pray that your recovery is swift and complete! We'll walk right along beside you as you beat this thing.

bakermom
will continue to pray for you

nyscpa2be
(((Marilyn))) I'm so sorry about your diagnosis, but like you said, it is the best of the worse. You will absolutely have my prayers, every day. I hope this goes away the first time and you get better soon!

Carolyn23
July 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Oh my, Marilyn! Not the news we had hoped and prayed for! But you have a terrific attitude and that is half the battle. We will stand with you during the coming months! Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. With much love and concern, Carolyn

Iris Girl
July 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I am sorry it is cancer. But now you know what you face and it seems you are stronger now and just from your words I hear such a positive attitude. You will beat this and your cheerleaders are right here with you walking every step. You seem to have peace and gathered the strength you need to get it done and the attitude is perfect. What else can I say. Sending more positive energy your way.

pcbatiks
July 8th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Marilyn, sorry to hear that it is cancer but thankful that they have a plan of action in place for you........continued prayers for you.

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Ah, Kiddo - praying for a benign diagnosis but this is easier to deal with than some of the alternatives. Know we are all here for you any time you need to shout, hit, and cuss a blue streak.

Love you muchly!!

laf512
July 8th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I'm so sorry that it is cancer, but I admire your positive outlook! I will be praying!!

New York Sue
July 8th, 2013, 08:07 PM
What a roller coaster this must be for you, chica!
My BEST your way, Marilyn.

Kaytessa
July 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Your attitude is awesome, the prayers are many and on going, your are also loved and cherished by many.

May your recovery be complete and speedy, may Father grant you more than enough of his tender mercies.

Psalm 107:28
So they cried out to the Lord in their distress, and God brought them out safe from their desperate circumstances.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Oh, my dear friend, the Big C is never good news. But, this sounds like it is treatble, and after recovery from surgery, things will be alright again. So mamy prayers go with you from all of your friends here on the foum, from me, some extra special prayers for your complete recovery. We have quilts to make-- take that, Big C!

PeggyM
July 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I'll keep you in my prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

HandsOffItsMine
July 8th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Sweetie, you know how I feel from our discussion on FB. We'll fight this together, hand in hand! We've got too much to do still...no Big C is going to get in our way!!

Prayers will continue, healing light being sent your way from all of us here. Much love, Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Zander, Oliver and Miss Penelope.

SallyO'Sews
July 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks, Marilyn, for the update. Now we know more specifically how to pray! So glad the wait for the diagnosis is over. Do you know yet when they will do the procedure? I'm a colorectal cancer survivor, and I know first-hand that the grace of God is more than sufficient to bring you through! Blessings and hugs, ~ Sally \0/

Mimis-quilts
July 8th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Marilyn, you have the right frame of mind...keep up the positive attitude and eat healthy...protein, protein, protein-to help in building new tissue...be sure to let us know when surgery is scheduled so we will be sure to be there with you in mind and spirit. AS someone else said, there are quilts to be made! ((((Pat))))

Monique
July 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM
That ugly C word. Personally I think half the battle is accepting what is and going forward from there. You do have a wonderful outlook. Prayers for a successful surgery and a fast recovery.

K. McEuen
July 8th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Well, bad news, but not the worst. So, when are they scheduling you for surgery?

I have a friend that had a small breast cancer tumor removed and she just had to have radiation, no chemo. She said the radiation was pretty much like a localized really bad sunburn when it was all over. She's been fine ever since.

Sending all good juju your way. ;)

auntiemern
July 8th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I won't know when the surgery is until after my appt with the thoracic surgeon.

mom4him
July 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Praying for you and believing with you, Marilyn.
As I read your post II Tim 1:7 came to mind. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

EsGrandma
July 8th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Marilyn, We're all here for you - praying and caring and like many others have said, "you have many quilts to make!"
Sending loving, caring thoughts to you. Linda

ilive2craft2
July 8th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Oh Marilyn, not the best news, but also not the worst news. Hearing the big C word is scary, no matter if they think they can treat surgically and then with radiation. They have come a long way in treatments and you have caught it early. Your attitude is going to help to get you through this. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be.

asta
July 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
(((((Hugs))))) and continued prayers for you.

grannyann
July 8th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Everyone has said all there is to say and I second each comment. Not what we all hoped for but your mind set is what is going to get you through this along with all of us on here praying for you. I know there will be down days for you but all your friends are here for you. And God is always right there with you. One day at a time. Hugs Ann

Mpyles
July 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Continued prayer and positive energy flowing for you!! Hugs!!

Genny
July 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I had my doctors appt this morning. It is cancer. However it is Squamous Cell, which is much better than the other 2 it could have been. He had me do another pulmonary function test, which was better than the previous one in the hospital. I have been breathing at 97-98 on room air so I knew my breathing had improved. He also had me do another walking test, with doing 2 flights of stairs and I still only dropped to 93. That's not that bad.
He told me exactly what I wanted to hear. He is all for having a wedge resection to just take it out and get rid of it. I could not have been happier. This is a very risky surgery with a long recovery time, but given the alternatives I am all for it. That is what I was hoping they could do. So I am all good, knowing what I have to look forward to. No Chemo, and maybe some radiation. Asking for continued prayer, cuz all so far have been answered the way I wanted them to.
Hugs, and many thanks to all my prayer warriors, and those that have been sending positive energy.

Thank heavens you're such a strong lady and you definately seem to have the right attitude towards this. I will be saying prayers for you daily. Hugs, Genny

Bubby
July 8th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that it's cancer, but the prognosis sounds quite good. It will be a journey and you have loads of friends here for support and prayer. Hugs and Prayers, Barb

Precious1
July 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Marilyn, not to get "preachy" however, Proverbs 18:21 states " Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it, shall eat the fruit of it."

The fact that you are speaking and staying positive and not allowing the bad news to bring you down, is proof that you WILL survive this. Not only because you have said you will but also because you have your entire forum family that is speaking and praying for you. I don't want to continue my "preaching" (lol), but just wanted to let you know your battle is already won. God bless.

lilmouse
July 8th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Sending you hugs and will continue to pray for you!

Judy~Ann
July 8th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Sending you prayers and a great big hug

quiltingtrish
July 9th, 2013, 12:34 AM
I have HUGS and PRAYERS coming too Marilyn! I love your positive attitude and know that that is more than half the battle.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))),

BellasQuilts
July 9th, 2013, 12:57 AM
We are right here with you...no worries.

bec
July 9th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong.

Evilynn
July 9th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Dear Marilyn,

the big bad C word. I am so sorry. It was not what I had hoped for. From experience I can tell you that the day of the diagnosis is the worst. After that it's still not good but it slowly gets better, day by day. Try to take baby steps. I am proud of you that you try to stay strong and your attitude is admirable! It's the way to go, chica!

On a brighter side I am glad for you that it seems you won't need chemo. It's yucky and nothing I would wish for anybody. I am not sure how radiation is, yet, but from what I have heard it's MUCH easier than chemo. If you EVER have the urge to speak about your feelings, whatever they might be, feel free to send me a PM! I am absolutely convinced that you will kick cancers butt!

Many hugs,

Steffie

Musical_Starling
July 9th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, so I will simply say this:

Hugs, love, and prayers heading from my little rock over here to you. Keep us posted honey :icon_hug:

Lindagie
July 9th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Sorry to hear this, but thankful that it is the best of the worse possible news. Your positive attitude will go a long way toward a cure; as will all the love and prayers being sent! Will move you up on the prayer list!

Madeforyouinma11
July 9th, 2013, 03:40 AM
So sorry the news was not better, but like you said, it could have been worse. I'm glad there is a plan of action in place. Still keeping you in my prayers. Hoping for a speedy recovery...when will you be having the procedure done?

Jen7
July 9th, 2013, 03:50 AM
So sorry the news wasn't better. All of me and mine thoughts and prayers to lift you up and carry you through. Never waiver from your positive attitude, that's the best medicine!

Andrea F
July 9th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Marilyn, I am so sorry! Im sending strength and positive thoughts and hugs. Keep that positve attitude. Im sure it will help you beat it.

dwil23
July 9th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Adding my prayers to the others. Sorry you are having to go through this, but glad your prognosis and outlook are good.

(((HUGS)))

rebeccas-sewing
July 9th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long for the surgery to take place. I know you'll be relieved when the cancer has been removed. We're all keeping you in our thoughts and our prayers, Marilyn. I'm just so glad they caught it early and it's the lesser of the evils.

Blondie
July 9th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Marilyn,
you know that so many here have been standing in the gap, praying for you. And you know of course, that there are many others within prayer circles and chains that we will never know here on earth, who have been faithfully making your needs heard before the Father. All of that said - it makes me thrilled to hear a good report. No, dear ones also reading this, not thrilled for the C word, but, for the answer to prayer for strength, courage - and knowing that the report could have been much worse.
Attitude in more than a word. It is a way of life for you, like grace from above. It defines who you are, dear one. Keep it positive and carry on. Loving you more than mere words can say.

Wwena
July 9th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Marilyn, I'm so happy you look on the (b)right side of this! So strong of you!! I hope you get your surgery real soon, that it goes well and that you recouperate as quick as can be.

Swedish leo
July 9th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Oh Marilyn! I am so sorry for this and at the same time happy that they can do something about it.
Hope you get well soon.

Sending much love and care your way.

Hugs

Annika

HdWench
July 9th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Don't see my 1st posting, but know you and your family are in my prayers ((((Hug)))) you are such a strong woman with a great attitude about this - I really like how someone said, you have won the battle by accepting the fight! You will win and please PM me too if you need to grip at 3 am :-)

Not only quilts to be made, people in October to get hugs from, more grandchildren to smile and watch grow up. God Bless you and I hope you find out about the surgery soon!

Granny Judy
July 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Continuing prayers for you as you travel down this road!!

MRoy
July 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
((((Marilyn)))) sending prayers and positive thoughts. Your good attitude and the prayers of this group will carry you through this.

sewbizzy
July 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Marilyn, my prayers are with you everyday...sending some hugs too!

Grandma G
July 9th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I know it is not the diagnosis you wanted to hear but how you are dealing with it is an inspiration to all of us. Many continued prayers and positive thoughts are headed your way. God bless.

Lissau
July 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
(((((((Marilyn))))))))))) please take care and get well

SandyWhite
July 9th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Marilyn just saw your post and so many of us are here for you. Sending you positive thoughts, strength,and courage.

Over40momma
July 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Marilyn, I just punched the crap out of my computer screen! Dang woman, really wanted this come out better for you. BUT it is what it is and my thoughts and prayers are winging their way upwards.

This may be a little weird to hear, but I have learned a lot about myself and life having to battle C. It is a journey that can be difficult, but there are so many 'special moments' that I would not have experienced without it. Since you have been put on this road, it is my deepest wish that you find those special moments too, because they make us stronger in body, mind and soul. There is no doubt in my mind that you will beat this. :icon_hug:

MayinJerset
July 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Marilyn, Adding my small prayers to all the others. You are much loved and we are all fighting with you.
Mega Hugs, May

Bailey65
July 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Marilyn thinking of you....please know that we are by your side every step of the way:icon_tup:

mommadeb
July 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Many many prayers and hugs to you.

GuitarGramma
July 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM
So sorry to hear that it is cancer. But you caught it early and it's a mild form, let us thank God for that.

One of my daughters is about to celebrate five years cancer free, so I know that you can beat this! I'll continue praying for you.

Cathy F
July 9th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Sending you positive thoughts and big hugs!

phoots
July 10th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Marilyn, I am so happy for you! I will continue praying for you, but I'm confident that you will be fine. After you have your surgery, do exactly what the doctor says so you're recovery will be on track! So when will the surgery be? So, so, so, so happy!!!!!

Love you!

Pam in Vegas :icon_hug:

Miss Sheri
July 10th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Sweet Friend, I fasted for you and will continue to pray daily for you. I pray for healing and for your peace of mind.

MartinaG
July 10th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Sounds like this is a bad news-good news situation. Hope the good news take over.

Tanya D
July 11th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Marilyn, I haven't been here much lately so I'm just learning of this news now. Please know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.