PDA

View Full Version : Monday - a new week

Blondie
July 8th, 2013, 07:20 AM

Good Morning folksies

It is Monday. It will be Monday all day long. Hubby will be back at work this week. I have a list longer than my arm of what I need to do. And I want to go back to bed. That is the first thing on my list that won't get done.

We finally were able to go get the vintage Singer yesterday. Actually, my SIL and hubs did. It took a week between rain, our schedule and the other person's schedule to finally get it home to me. I will take pics later today hopefully and share. Now I need to clean her up and order a new belt. Then she will be good to go.

Rebecca, the mall I work at has been sold. The new owner is wanting to put a super flea market in it. That sounds good I suppose but . . . I have not met him, no one has. I have placed a call to his office. He has arbitrarily changed the hours the mall is open. 9 am to 9 pm. Of course, no one notified us. I start work at 7 a.m. For 3 weeks now, I have lost money because of this. My working age gals come in early on their way to work and the 3rd shift workers come in on their way home. None of us are any too happy. Of course when I placed a call to his office, the recorded message says his hours are Tues - Fri 9 am to 1 pm. Must be nice. Without meeting him, I have a word that is very descriptive and and falls from my lips so naturally. But it isn't polite, especially when I should be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Still not sure where this is going to end up.

I am going to some dirty work today. Laundry, mopping - to which I say, why should I mop the floors when it is raining every day? I do not like housework. I used to until I realized it was so daily.

Blessings

Monique
July 8th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Good morning Blondie. Why do the weekends end so fast. I was a little lost as I did not have anything to hand quilt. I am done the big one and will take it with me to work so I can do some sewing on it. I will have to take my sewing machine with me too and all the tools I will need. I also got at one of my UFO's. Another quilt that will be for my brother. His birthday is on Sunday but I don't think I will have it done by then, so it will be Christmas for sure. I want to enter my Dresden plate quilt in the fair in September. Well that is all for today.

For those who are interested, my niece's two dogs have not shown up yet. She has not lost hope that one day they will return.

Have a wonderful day friends. Overcast today.

Bubby
July 8th, 2013, 07:36 AM
50930Good Morning Blondie and everyone.

My DD left this morning for her long drive back to New Mexico. She left the little Scotty girls with us. Miss Dottie is being bothered by her tummy and moaned and cried most of the night. She sees the vet tomorrow. Little Miss Olive is the most perfect little Scotty and nothing phases her at all. She lives for her tummy rubs and little else! Dottie is the larger one and Olive is the small one.

My time with DD was wonderful...the first time we have had so much alone time in years.

Jeff is back to work today. He probably looks forward to it after all the ruckus of the past week. I have to say that our weather was gorgeous all last week. It is supposed to get really hot again this week. It will take us a week or so to get the girls really settled in and a new routine for them established.

I've done little more than lurk for several days, but I've been praying for those who are going through hard times. Marilyn and Ruby have been in my prayers daily.

I will check in later...a little cold nose just reminded me she needs to go outdoors.

Wishing everyone a good Monday...Hugs, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Hi Everyone! Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend, and even though it was long, it still zipped past very quickly. Guess that is what happens when you are busy!

I had a lot of family time, full St. Louis crew to swim and eat at my daughter's house for the last time, as they are packing up for Atlanta beginning today. They found a home down there that they tried to negotiate to purchase, and the homeowners must not be too interested in selling, as they would not give one $ in price or concessions, so they gave up. Their agent found them a comparable and very lovely home in the same area, and with only internet pictures and their agent's reputation, they made an offer and it was accepted immediately. Awesome! It has a lovely Georgia yard, swimming pool out back off a huge lovely deck, a "man cave" extra garage (who wouldn't love that!) and lots of room. I've picked out my room in the attic! Make sure there is a bed there for grandma to stay in when she comes to visit--550 miles from home, I can do that!

Costume building is progressing, S-L-O-W-L-Y. The work is slow and the days pass fast, something tells me the rubber is going to hit the road next week, and I'll be scrambling! I think I have help, she needs to step in anytime now!

I long for the lazy days of quilt making, after July, I'll have some of those days again! Can't wait!

Have a great day, all, keep cool!

Koda
July 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Morning Everyone.

Late last night I finished a quilt that my son asked me to make for his friend's birthday. The boys are "gamers" and my son has a reputation around the group for the coolest additions to their video game collections with the quilts and throws he has that display the logos of their favorite games. I admit, they are fun to make since I enjoy making the graphics into applique.

That said, I don't know what I will do today. I started a jelly roll race top sheet and it is sitting and waiting till I have the backing. There is an incomplete Toni Whitney wildlife applique waiting to be finished and I also have a Canadian goose that needs a little more work.

I guess I will procrastinate a little longer - make a tea and sit and read what everyone has been up too. LOL.

Have a great day.
Koda

HandsOffItsMine
July 8th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Blondie, hope that you get a hold of the new landlord. Being in the dark sucks!

Monique, hmmm, lugging a sewing machine to the post office? Interesting. lol

Barb, the pups are adorable! They can visit me any time!! Hope you're doing ok after all your dental work and thank you for your prayers of course. :)

Jean, of course you'll need to make a stop at my place when you visit your daughter since we're just a bit down the road. :D

I'm trying to keep my mind busy as my biopsy isn't 'till the 18th - doing pretty good with that as the grandbabies are always a hoot and into something around the house.

Working on my site still - learning a new shopping cart software program while going through the possible breast cancer scare put a delay on my brain being able to process/retain it all. Sometimes I really think God is testing my sense of humor...I still have it God...I really do!

Prayers of my DF Marilyn that the news today will be favorable, we're going to beat this crap together!

Prayers for all in need, huggers to all, Ruby

CrazyMtnLady
July 8th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Good morning. Dogs got me up early this morning so I thought it would be a good time to jump on here.

I pray all our Canada people are safe from the train wreck and explosions.

I have to vacuum the nooks and crannys of the couch and love seat. My neighbors are coming to get them either today or tomorrow. Then I get the pleasure of vacuuming and shampooing the carpet to get ready for the new furniture. They are such a sweet young couple. They came over Saturday to look at the couch and love seat and then took me to town to get a few groceries. Then yesterday my neighbor Laurie came and picked me up and took me to her house and we got in her pool for a bit. It was a great weekend.

I want to welcome all the new members that I have not welcomed since I have not been on here very often lately. I promise when my DH gets home from Michigan and things get back to normal here I will have more time to sit and catch up on everyone.

I did make time to sit and sew yesterday too! Catching up on my Secret Sister gifts. The box is looking fuller now. :)

Hope everyone has a great day..
Hugs and prayers to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2013, 08:51 AM
50930Good Morning Blondie and everyone.

My DD left this morning for her long drive back to New Mexico. She left the little Scotty girls with us. Miss Dottie is being bothered by her tummy and moaned and cried most of the night. She sees the vet tomorrow. Little Miss Olive is the most perfect little Scotty and nothing phases her at all. She lives for her tummy rubs and little else! Dottie is the larger one and Olive is the small one.

My time with DD was wonderful...the first time we have had so much alone time in years.

Jeff is back to work today. He probably looks forward to it after all the ruckus of the past week. I have to say that our weather was gorgeous all last week. It is supposed to get really hot again this week. It will take us a week or so to get the girls really settled in and a new routine for them established.

I've done little more than lurk for several days, but I've been praying for those who are going through hard times. Marilyn and Ruby have been in my prayers daily.

I will check in later...a little cold nose just reminded me she needs to go outdoors.

Wishing everyone a good Monday...Hugs, Barb
Those doggy girls are just darling! How could DD leave them behind? Of course, the pups are in a first class doggie haven right now!

nyscpa2be
July 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Morning all. Busy day here as well - I need to drive back to Syracuse tomorrow to start classes again, so today is packing my car of everything I need for 2 weeks until I'm home again, and packing the camper, as dad and nephews go away for a week for a tractor show at the same time. So lots of packing, grocery store, DMV, and a quilt shop to use coupons Mom and I got at a local quilt show - 15% off. Long long day. And I just found out that my car is going in for repairs today too - my AC is gone.
Have fun everyone! Looks to be a sunny but warm day today.

ilive2craft2
July 8th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Good Morning all! Busy long weekend with family and friends. Was fun, but I am tired. The yard work yesterday didn't help - now I am also sore. But, it is a good kind of tired and sore - you know you accomplished something! :) Running late for work today, so I got to get my rear in gear! Hope to pop in later. Hugs and prayers for everyone.

MayinJerset
July 8th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Yes is Monday once again and we all have to get back to our daily schedules, even us retired people. Didn't do much during the weekend, too hot really. Did venture out yesterday afternoon to order cellular blinds for the den. So glad they will be ready in a few days because the fabric I have tacked over the windows doesn't look very nice.

Blondie, Hope you get a chance to touch base with your new landlord, maybe he isn't aware of how the late opening hours are affecting the mall's vendor.

Happy to see Donna posting again, she has really been busy whipping her place and the mountain into shape.
Good health news for all, even DH as he is at doctor's this am to check on the wound under his foot. It does seem to healing nicely. Nowadays it seems our doctor's appointments are more numerous than our social appointments. Hugs to all, May

auntiemern
July 8th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Morning all. Yep, today is the day I find out what exactly it is, and what the plan is to get rid of it. So many praying for me, I am looking for something positive. Hugs and blessings to, prayers for those in need. Ruby and I are just gonna kick it in the butt.

cyndiofthevortex
July 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Good morning, all. Marilyn, my thoughts and prayers are especially with you. I hope you have good news to share with us today.

I was able to finish and baste two small quilts this weekend and hope to get them quilted up today and tomorrow. We were able to get out and garden yesterday so the yard looks so much nicer. I always feel better after spending a few hours outside with my hands in the dirt! Nothing more than an ordinary day for me today. DD Bethany still isn't feeling well - we think she may have gotten dehydrated in this heat - so I will be watching my DGSs today for a bit to let her get some rest. The older two are at VBS every morning this week so there's just her DFS (Dear Foster Son) Christopher home in the am. He's doing great but his mother has gone missing again. No one knows where she is and she won't answer her phone. She has only shown up for 2 visits in four months. It's been over a month since she has seen or talked to him. It is very frustrating. Maybe infuriating is more the word to describe the situation. He is too precious to just be abandoned! 'Nuff said. Okay, shrug that off. I get so mad I see red.

Hope you all have a great day and again I hope we hear good news from Marilyn.

toggpine
July 8th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hi!

I was able to test out my new seam riper last night! I had this fabulous idea, and I think it will still work, but I ended up sewing the piece in backward. Instead of a triangle inset into the border, I created a 90 turn! Ooops! So, if any of you are contemplating purchasing the small, greenish, ergonomic seam ripper by Dritz, it works great!

I want to get the borders done on this top! I have to work today, so we'll see how much I can get done before I leave. It sounds like tomorrow morning will be our first hay trip of the season. We need 400 bales for the year and can haul 100 at a time. I suppose the other option is to get rid of some more of the animals and haul less hay! Hmmm, I think I'll work on that angle too!

Continued prayers for a good report from the doctors for everyone going in for visits. Everyone else, make it the best day ever!
Hugs, Cathy

Evilynn
July 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Hi folksies!

It's evening here already, 8 pm. I just brought Janna to bed, she is babbling herself to sleep. She is quite tired, had a bath (she loves bathing!) and now she should fall asleep quite quickly. My hubby is outside grilling sausages for himself (he is starving and we only have 3 left, so I said he can have all of them, I am not a big fan of sausages anyway :D ) and later I will continue working on my next quilt top.

For all those who might wonder how I am: I am fine. My radio therapy starts on 15th. It will last for 5 weeks and I will have to travel 3 or 4 hours every day to get it. I don't mind, I have a mobile with internet connection. ;) Janna will be in daycare for that period at least, my MIL can't babysit since she has to be ready to accept any job offer. It's okay, there are 3 other kids and since Janna is a very curious and friendly little person I don't think it will be a problem.

Blondie: That sucks. I hope you get hold of the new mall owner soon. It's not fun to lose money because he decided to change the opening hours... I hope you can work out a solution for all of you!

Marilyn: You have been a lot in my thoughts lately. I so hope for you that everything turns out to be good. You go girl!!!!

I also would like to ask for positive thoughts and prayers for the family of my former classmate. My former classmate went last Monday into the hospital because she had the chills and didn't know why. The doctors couldn't figure out anything either. She passed away the very same day, only 33 years old. Her husband is heartbroken. (A biopsy was made what exactly happened but I haven't heard back of the result yet.) Please pray for her family or send positive thoughts. I am very sad about it especially because I haven't had a chance to speak to her after we left school. Thanks.

aliaslaceygreen
July 8th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Good late afternoon. I think I forgot to come here for almost a week! Whoops... so sorry, ladies... I see that trials and tribulations are still visiting so many of us...warm, healing thoughts and hugs all around!

I would love to say I was MIA for some good reason, but it's mostly because I have been sleeping in after staying up too late reading and then....well, work and all....

Laylabug is napping right now... She has spent almost every waking hour today in her new Cozy Coupe that Grandpa bought her yesterday. She walked in while he was building it and opened the door, climbed in, sat down and pretty much hasn't gotten out of it!!1

The weather is pretty reasonable for July I am thinking, so not too many complaints...except just too many mosquitos!

Take care all!