PDA

View Full Version : Our big day!!!

Hawaii Roxy
July 8th, 2013, 03:11 AM
We took Kathy to a wonderful place yesterday called the Polynesian cultural center, while there we learned about many different Polynesian cultures including Samoa ,Tahiti ,Fiji as well as Hawaiian to name a few this is a video of the canoe Pageant showcasing some of them it was awesome!!! My hubby was kind enough to take video for me to share with yall :)

Canoe Pageant at the Polynesian Cultureal Center - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLfIa0oIsA&feature=share)

Granny Judy
July 8th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Beautiful!!! I had to watch it twice.

Iris Girl
July 8th, 2013, 06:22 AM
wow!! that was really awesome, I also watched it twice. Thanks for sharing!

bubba
July 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Isn't that a great place? We went there the first time we were in Hawaii, at the time time, the canal was shut down for renovations. It was still so interesting to see all the villages they have set up, as well as the beautiful native buildings. The luau was just as fantastic!

Looks like you had a great time. We may have to go back there again when we are there this December. I think it's interesting that the majority of the employees are students from the college up there and represent the countries they come from.

SallyO'Sews
July 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'm impressed that they can dance on a platform connected to a canoe and not fall off! Thanks for sharing, Roxy. So glad you and Kathy are having such a grand time together.

Renate
July 8th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I would also like to have a sister in Hawaii ... I am sure I would visit her very very often ... unfortunately ... Bavaria is also not a too bad choice ... or should I ask my sister, if she eventually could moove?

Anyway, Girls, I wish you so much fun and sun and .... hug each other often!

shannonsaulter
July 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM
that looks like a must see!